Duskfire Glacier Sometimes a flower is just a flower.
91 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
He approached from her left flank, and the russet ear closest was swift to turn toward the sound of snow crushed beneath padding paws. Wayfarer halted smoothly and rose her chin, Amber eyes sharp as she searched the gloom for her brother's dark features - softening somewhat when her gaze found the familiar powder blue of his own.

Veteran reached for her, and she felt herself tense a little. While she adored her littermate, he who had been the only constant she could rely on, a lifetime of hurt and disappointment by those around her had hardened her more than she cared to admit. She'd never been particularly close to their late father nor the other cubs he'd sired, but there was no greater tragedy than the tumultuous relationship between Wayfarer and her mother.

Her lip twitched at her frustrated thoughts of Lane. Choosing not to let her bitter feeling dampen her reunion with Veteran, however, the russet youth rumbled affectionately as she leaned his way to mouth the peppered furs of his neck.

"Nowhere worth noting," Wayfarer responded with ease, unwilling to discuss at any greater length the places that she made for herself - not even to Veteran. No, her wanderings beyond the glacier were hers and hers alone: comfort and safety from the misery of home. She tried to de-rail the subject, "I hope you felled a great stag, because I'm starving!"

"After all we've been through, everything I've done,
it can't all be for nothing."

Messages In This Thread
Sometimes a flower is just a flower. - by Wayfarer - December 17, 2021, 04:34 PM
RE: Sometimes a flower is just a flower. - by Veteran - December 17, 2021, 10:51 PM
RE: Sometimes a flower is just a flower. - by Wayfarer - December 20, 2021, 12:05 AM
RE: Sometimes a flower is just a flower. - by Veteran - December 20, 2021, 11:01 PM
RE: Sometimes a flower is just a flower. - by Wayfarer - December 21, 2021, 12:40 AM
RE: Sometimes a flower is just a flower. - by Veteran - December 21, 2021, 11:07 AM
RE: Sometimes a flower is just a flower. - by Wayfarer - December 21, 2021, 11:39 AM
RE: Sometimes a flower is just a flower. - by Veteran - December 21, 2021, 03:00 PM
RE: Sometimes a flower is just a flower. - by Wayfarer - December 21, 2021, 06:06 PM
RE: Sometimes a flower is just a flower. - by Veteran - January 07, 2022, 07:43 PM