Firefly Ravine teach me what I have not yet learned
187 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
When moonwoman came, there was relief in his expression, but also apology. He had realized only after he asked for her that it was likely he was drawing her away from preparations to return home. 

It's as much pleasure for me to see yours. Ever since Moonglow welcomed me, I knew it would be a certain time before I could come to trust anyone. Since then, you have given me much reason to place trust in you. Hence, I feel as though I can seek you out when I need truth and wisdom. Now is that time... Inutsuk silenced his tongue for a brief moment, thinking carefully about how to word this question.

There is another I have come to trust. Someone I feel very drawn to. When my eyes fall upon her, it's as if I'm witnessing the first blossoming flower of spring. Nothing can compare, no matter how many more will bloom after. She is fearless, compassionate, loyal, and strong by means of heart. I have told her these things... shared with her my view. However, I worry that I won't be able to show her these feelings through action. I was never one before to understand what love is, how it is shown, and how to find who you are meant to share it with. There is nothing to ensure myself that I can be enough for her, in ways of companionship, affection, and later with a family. For years I forced myself to never hold any form of sentiment towards another, but now I have.... The cool voice broke, shattered like glass. There was no pang of regret. He would never regret choosing Shikoba, but he would feel beyond guilty if he led her through a life where she wouldn't be happy. That's all he desired for her. Happiness, protection, and to give her a shoulder when she needed to lean there. 

Was it really that easy? Was he simply thinking too hard?
Messages In This Thread
teach me what I have not yet learned - by Inutsuk - December 31, 2021, 02:42 PM
RE: teach me what I have not yet learned - by Kukutux - December 31, 2021, 04:28 PM
RE: teach me what I have not yet learned - by Inutsuk - December 31, 2021, 04:46 PM
RE: teach me what I have not yet learned - by Kukutux - December 31, 2021, 04:59 PM
RE: teach me what I have not yet learned - by Inutsuk - December 31, 2021, 05:10 PM
RE: teach me what I have not yet learned - by Kukutux - December 31, 2021, 09:54 PM
RE: teach me what I have not yet learned - by Inutsuk - January 01, 2022, 02:17 AM