Firefly Ravine teach me what I have not yet learned
187 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Things were changing.

Numbers in Moonglow had shrunk. Winter was thickening. Prey was scarce. 

Was that all? No. One more thing... A missing piece of Morte's heart had returned. 

Before, the former man had nothing left but the taint of blood on his soul. There was no kindness and no love to reciprocate. Now he was Inutsuk and everything that he lacked before was slowly slithering into his life.

One of those in particular: companionship. 

He had never known what love was, what it felt like, or how to find it. Now it seemed to find him. More-like, Shikoba had found him and dug it out from the pile of discarded remains. Though, as he continued to feel drawn to her, the man worried. He worried that he wouldn't have a clue of what to do once the two had shared what they felt. Guidance was needed and so he would ask to receive it by calling the one wolf he knew he could trust to be honest. @Kukutux.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,114 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
kukutux had gathered the hides together. they would be ready to take home and many would be taken to duskfire glacier. 

when inutsuk called for her, the woman drew close to the man with a soft look upon her face. she had seen him with shikoba. they had spent much time away from the main hunting camps. she had watched them bond.

"it is good to see your face," moonwoman murmured. "i am here to listen to your words."
[Image: pSj9vo4.png]
187 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
When moonwoman came, there was relief in his expression, but also apology. He had realized only after he asked for her that it was likely he was drawing her away from preparations to return home. 

It's as much pleasure for me to see yours. Ever since Moonglow welcomed me, I knew it would be a certain time before I could come to trust anyone. Since then, you have given me much reason to place trust in you. Hence, I feel as though I can seek you out when I need truth and wisdom. Now is that time... Inutsuk silenced his tongue for a brief moment, thinking carefully about how to word this question.

There is another I have come to trust. Someone I feel very drawn to. When my eyes fall upon her, it's as if I'm witnessing the first blossoming flower of spring. Nothing can compare, no matter how many more will bloom after. She is fearless, compassionate, loyal, and strong by means of heart. I have told her these things... shared with her my view. However, I worry that I won't be able to show her these feelings through action. I was never one before to understand what love is, how it is shown, and how to find who you are meant to share it with. There is nothing to ensure myself that I can be enough for her, in ways of companionship, affection, and later with a family. For years I forced myself to never hold any form of sentiment towards another, but now I have.... The cool voice broke, shattered like glass. There was no pang of regret. He would never regret choosing Shikoba, but he would feel beyond guilty if he led her through a life where she wouldn't be happy. That's all he desired for her. Happiness, protection, and to give her a shoulder when she needed to lean there. 

Was it really that easy? Was he simply thinking too hard?
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,114 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
inutsuk spoke with the eloquent passion that had so intrigued kukutux before. 

she knew he meant shikoba. she had seen him with no other moon in the hand of time that moonglow had spent with duskfire.

inutsuk spoke of love. kukutux was honored that he had come to her. she indicated that they should sit down together in the snow. "when you speak to her, do her eyes become bright? does the sound of her voice bring joy to you? if she bears children to your hearth, will you tend them?" she looked gently at inutsuk.

"does she have trust in you?" it was the foundation for a successful mateship.
187 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Just as she had bid, Inutsuk sat alongside her. 

These questions she asked — they were important; that he knew. He looked down to his paws think, lips tugging to a short smile. Meanwhile, the face of sivullik had come to mind, mesmerizing and lacking no beauty.

I think they do, yes. And her voice... it's the sound of a bird's song when the sun wakes. Alluring and soft like a lullaby — enough to invite a soothing slumber.

The thought of children is ever-so tempting and if she were to want them, then they she would have. My father was no kind and guiding soul. I never foresaw the day to come that I would find a companion... but, it has always been my vow that I would treat any future children of mine better than he had I. As much as I can control, I will make different; better.

The man finally rose the eyes from his feet, meeting Kukutux' soft gaze. 

Then the final question: Was there trust?

It is not for me to answer what Shikoba finds in me. Only she can. I will not assume by word or gaze, nor fantasize what I think should be true. The words were stern in the sense of honesty and promise. Later, he would ask and learn the truth himself.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,114 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
inutsuk loved shikoba. kukutux saw this as clearly as she might rain upon the face of a lake. he spoke of a father who had not been good, and how he would not be this. moonwoman returned his soft smile. "you are a man with many great things inside your heart, inutsuk. i know that shikoba sees them also."

"you sit here with me and you have words of the future. you see now what you saw as a child. and you see now what you will not do at your hearth."

she paused.

"shikoba would not have chosen you for her hunting party if you did not have her trust. yes. you must speak to her. tell her the things in your heart."
187 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
I'm ready to fade here, unless Kukutux has something to add. ^-^

He blinked slowly, listening as moonwoman spoke. 

She was thoughtful, sincere, and honest. This is why he chose to seek her. There were few others he associated himself with often other than Kukutux and Shikoba. Eventually, this would need to change. Moonglow was now his family.

Thank you, Kukutux. After she had finished, Inutsuk gave a moment before offering his thanks, head bowed.

Nothing will be kept from Shikoba. She will know all truths of my heart. I will make sure she knows of my intentions.