Hushed Willows Happy happy days
Morningsong
Mother
389 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Private 
She was so happy. @Tuft wanted her and she wanted him. She just had no idea how any of this worked and she found herself seeking out @Kukutux almost immediately after they had finished talking inviting him to come along as well.

She didn’t know their customs or anything and the last thing she wanted to do was upset the woman who had accepted her into her home.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,119 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
she knew that minnow had come into her time. as their situation was changed from what it would be upon the spine, kukutux did not intervene. reverie took charge and moonmother deferred.

it was time to head for moontide. she was packing slowly, but turned as minnow came upon her. it seemed something weighed heavily upon the young woman. "it is good to see your face. but what is in your mind?"

she bid minnow sit and unwrapped a soft skin of juniper leaves. moss provided water. she let it soak in the curl of a hard hide.
[Image: pSj9vo4.png]
Morningsong
Mother
389 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
She found the woman almost immediately and now she was nervous. Her heart raced and she felt her anxiety rise. “I..I met someone. We’ve gotten rather close. I was asked to be his mate but I wanted to ask your thoughts. I don’t know the packs customs and I don’t want to fully agree without asking permission.” 

Not that her heart needs permission but it was a formality for the woman.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,119 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
kukutux understood. "it is a swift decision, made at a time when your mind is filled with hotness. i do not question this. it is sedna's will. tell me of this man, minnow. then i will tell you what is to be done."

her voice held no judgement, and her eyes only curiosity. the tea was near ready. she added a sprinkle of dried gentian for the nerves of the younger one.
Morningsong
Mother
389 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
She didn’t know how to explain this man to her other than perfection but she knew she would have to give specifics. “His name is Tuft I believe you met him briefly at the borders when we first arrived.” 

“We began talking and bonded over our parents. He is very sweet and caring.” Maybe a little too much but she knew that wasn't a fault in him. “I don’t know how to explain I felt drawn to him. Even before my heat started. We have quite a bit in our history in common.”  She knew it had something to do with it but not entirely. “I think it could be a good partnership.”
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,119 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
how joyous was minnow as she spoke of this man! kukutux considered valiant. he was a protector, a guardian. what would he make of this?

but minnow was of her own mind. the duck would honor that. "to my ear, to my eye, you have found joy in tuft. among the sunshine people," kukutux went on, "we have bride price. that is, a man hunts for what the family of his intended desires. this can take many moons, and children are often born in between these times. i would represent you as mother, and valiant is your brother."

"but," and here she paused to stir the mixture, motioning minnow closer to drink, "if you wish only to agree to be married, and thus become wife and husband, then it is time to tell reverie and boone of what you desire."

her eyes were kind. "i must ask; has he come to your sleeping-place during this time? is there a chance you are with child?" such quick choices must be understood. to be wed while with young was a great blessing. she did not want minnow to fear for her well-being, if already she carried little ones.
Morningsong
Mother
389 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
She felt bad she had totally not realized the woman was making something and she went forward sniffing it first before taking a sip. “I think I’ve found my person.” She smiled happily as she listened to her leader. She spoke the word mother and her face softened. “Thank you very much!” Her tail wagged happily, and excited in what’s to come of their future.

She then spoke about addressing the leadership of this pack and Minnow nodded her head. “Yes we plan on speaking to them both shortly after this.” 

It was only appropriate in this case. She was a guest in their home. Fear set in after thinking what if they’re not as receptive as she was. What if they didn’t approve. Last thing Minnow wanted was to cause problems but she could help what her heart wanted

“I abstained from the act until I could speak to both sets of leadership. I don’t want to disrespect anyone in their home. But if permitted I do wish for babies.” Maybe it was just the heat speaking this time but the woman had always wanted children.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,119 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
kukutux nodded. "this is good. we are not among the sunshine people now. it would show disrespect to make such choosing. i have pride for your self-control."

quietly moonmother considered. vairë's second time as anaa took importance over even kivaluk. minnow would be considered for third mother, and moonglow was very filled with people.

"it is my thinking that tuft should share words with reverie, and that you should return with me to the village when i go. valiant will have the wish to speak with you. but if reverie accepts this, then perhaps you will have begun new life when we depart here for moontide."

nine weeks. minnow's place was assured for this long. kukutux did not wish the young woman to feel the stress of rushing to find a new home. there were many places to recommend, hearthwood first for tuft's involvement, but any of the moonpacks would welcome them as well.
Morningsong
Mother
389 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
She was glad then that she had waited and not made a decision to mate out of haste. These people accepted her into their pack and she would respect their wishes as well as customs. The woman listened as her leader spoke. “To my knowledge he’s with them as we speak here. I plan on meeting with him afterwards.” 

She hoped that by the time their future offspring was born, space would be there but that’s all she could do in this present moment. Hope.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,119 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
a smile came to her. "you should not be alone, for now. stay with me, minnow. i am certain that you will know when a choice has been made. tuft can find you here."

there was no command in her words, but moonmother knew they both understood that it was best.

she motioned to the tea. "can you tell me what is in it?" kukutux encouraged, testing the young woman a little as an educational distraction.
Morningsong
Mother
389 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
She gave a short swift nod to the woman. Minnie didn’t want to be alone anyhow, she knew if she had her mind would race and the thoughts and fear would swallow her whole. 

She pushed her nose closer to the tea and gave it a quick sniff. “This is Juniper right? I remember the smell from our first lesson, though by smell I don’t think I can tell which type it was.” There had been so many it was hard to keep track of them all. Unless she was getting confused with the mint.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,119 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
kukutux was pleasant in her pleasure that minnow had remembered. "this is mountain juniper. the other has a smell that is sweet, but is not mint. have you known it before?" the duck asked, encouraging the young woman to draw upon all memories of plantlife to help herself. the flower was blue with upright petals in stiff green flowers, and grew close to water and soft ground.
Morningsong
Mother
389 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
The woman tried to think of if she knew of the other herb that was in the tea and she couldn’t place her paw on the name. She knew what it was and what it looked liked. “I have came across it in my travels but I can’t remember its name.” She said simply.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,119 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
"gentian," kukutux volunteered. it was not a plant she had known upon the island, only one of many she had learned here, from necessity. "its dried leaves are crushed. this helps to calm the anxiousness of the one who drinks."
Morningsong
Mother
389 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
The woman chuckled softly as Kukutix explained what the herb was for. “Sounds like a plant I should stock up on.” She was always battling her anxiety and her insomnia and perhaps this herb would prove useful to the young wolf. “Anxiety is one of the many things I’ve been plagued with.” She admitted.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,119 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
"bring the seeds to the place where you sleep; plant them there. one drinking at night will give you rest, minnow."

her tone was bright with sympathy. "when you are settled, i have the thinking that your mind will calm."