Alpha*
3,119 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
Read Only 
tags for ref! <3

she settled them beside the golden forest, down near the bend of the river. there they laid out their medicines, and it was @Faele she entrusted to @Reina's attention, beckoning nasamiituuq close as well. @Minnow was free to roam with @Tuft, though she encouraged the young woman to stay close. others were here, unknown to her.

by now, she knew, even if no one else was aware.

moonmother made her way alone to the death ulaq.

not yet a year.

she carried curls of bison ivory, an elk tooth, an armful of thin branches budding with orange, and she laid them beside the wall of the closed space which faced the sea.

"my sea girl."

the wind gathered the silvering tresses of fur about her throat, her face; kukutux closed her eyes. "tutitchiaga."

"panuk and rolayne go strong. panuk remains. rolayne has gone to the mountain. sialuk will give you more nieces and nephews to love, my daughter. vairë as well. and —" ariadne. swiftly she counted the months since any of them had last seen the young woman, and her eyes were bright then, with grief and with joy. "ariadne will be anaa this year too, if she is not already. it is the time," kukutux sighed.

the snows went away. the ice melted. spring returned.

her arms ached for the silent child.

"your brothers have come back men. now they will find themselves. your father is strong and hale. shikoba still stands as sister to me. and galana has come back."

the sea whispered.

"you are missed."

the name, hovering.

"our hearts ache, though we know you are beyond the dancing lights."

tears, falling.

"but i wish that your eyes could see what your strong sons will be."

for a long while, kukutux was silent, seated beside the death ulaq in wordless communication with the daughter who had been called by the sea goddess.
[Image: pSj9vo4.png]