Duskfire Glacier Keep a bluebird in my heart
91 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
How long had it been since her father's fight came to an end, since the loss of him forced Tzila to choose the afterlife alongside him? Wayfarer, having avoided the graveside of the late Alphas since their funeral, found herself lingering quietly at the entrance to the hollow in which their bodies remained sealed - together, frozen for eternity. A private, respectful farewell to them felt appropriate.

There was no sadness in her to be leaving Duskfire Glacier. Since her return alongside the scouting party that'd trailed the wilds in search of a new home for what remained of Wintersbane's wolves, Wayfarer felt the itch in her paws to hurry the process along. She'd never been settled there, not really, and recent days had the wildfire girl feeling more jubilant in the approach to what she'd dubbed "liberation day".

A fresh start. A new beginning. She was more than ready to embrace the change.

Wayfarer turned away when her mother's voice rose to the evening sky in a final rally to the pack. She picked her way carefully in the direction of the meeting place where she saw several had already gathered, and settled in on the outskirts of the group.

She didn't wait for the Alphas to conclude, and was off on her own at the suggestion of finding a travel buddy. The last thing she wanted was to be forced into the company of some loser, so she figured it would be simpler to make a speedy exit before anyone could even think about that.

Probably for the best, to miss the public display of affection between Tuiluuwaq and her dam.

"After all we've been through, everything I've done,
it can't all be for nothing."

Messages In This Thread
Keep a bluebird in my heart - by Lane - February 10, 2022, 07:08 PM
RE: Keep a bluebird in my heart - by Issorartuyok - February 12, 2022, 08:34 PM
RE: Keep a bluebird in my heart - by Tuuluuwaq - February 12, 2022, 08:56 PM
RE: Keep a bluebird in my heart - by Calida - February 17, 2022, 12:45 PM
RE: Keep a bluebird in my heart - by Ensio - February 19, 2022, 12:13 AM
RE: Keep a bluebird in my heart - by Taktuq - February 21, 2022, 01:59 PM
RE: Keep a bluebird in my heart - by Antha - February 21, 2022, 02:19 PM
RE: Keep a bluebird in my heart - by Heda - February 21, 2022, 04:23 PM
RE: Keep a bluebird in my heart - by Veteran - February 22, 2022, 02:09 PM