Duck Lake it heals and it haunts me.
232 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Yami hadn’t planned on stopping again once she’d started to head towards the beat, but his comments definitely made her pause: she slowed to glance back at him, her face contorted in obvious confusion. Was he being for real?

”Uhh… no,” she responded to his accusation before shaking her head and setting forth again with him trailing behind, ”Have you never eaten eggs before? Were you raised by squirrels or something?”

She didn’t care much to hear the answer, but she listened for it as they walked. It wasn’t far from where she’d been swimming, but she hadn’t been hungry when she’d passed it by. And more than that, she hadn’t wanted to interrupt the peace by causing a ruckus. Things had changed now, though, and when she came upon the pair of ducks crowded around the nest, she didn’t hesitate to bare her teeth and rush them, driving them away as they cried out in fear and dismay.

Once they were gone, Yami turned back and stepped up to their abandoned nest. She searched it to spy six eggs nestled together. She brushed away the lost feathers and stood back, wondering now if the boy would innately know how to eat them or if he’d try to swallow them whole. The latter would certainly amuse her.
Messages In This Thread
it heals and it haunts me. - by Yami - April 03, 2022, 06:24 AM
RE: it heals and it haunts me. - by Abel - April 04, 2022, 10:00 PM
RE: it heals and it haunts me. - by Yami - April 07, 2022, 08:10 AM
RE: it heals and it haunts me. - by Abel - April 07, 2022, 11:48 AM
RE: it heals and it haunts me. - by Yami - April 09, 2022, 06:58 AM
RE: it heals and it haunts me. - by Abel - April 13, 2022, 02:13 PM
RE: it heals and it haunts me. - by Yami - April 13, 2022, 03:15 PM