Greatwater Lake When I feel the snakebite enter my veins
Hushed Willows
Singer
149 Posts
Ooc — xynien
All Welcome 
It took time to wind his way down from the mountain range into the flatlands below. He felt more at ease here, though the land was still too crowded for his liking. Back in The Gilded Sea, you could look in any direction and see for miles. It was all golden grass, with only a few stunted, shrubby trees here and there. Tybault didn't miss it, exactly, but at the same time he felt uncomfortable with the strange scenery.
Sometimes it was striking, though. The lake caught his eye from a distance, and he found himself heading in that direction before long. He had never seen so much water in one place before. The lake was so vast, it hadn't even frozen fully. Ice and snow were still things he hadn't quite gotten used to, but he knew this was strange even with his limited experience. He'd been traveling through the cold season for some time now, and when it came to water, if it wasn't moving then it would freeze.
Except in this case, apparently. Tybault stepped closer to the edge of the lake, where snow and thin ice met. He pushed a paw through the ice, wincing at the sharp edges against his skin, and bent to drink. It was so cold it made his throat ache, but it was better than eating snow.
Experimenting with my writing; style may vary a bit!
Messages In This Thread
When I feel the snakebite enter my veins - by Tybault - November 29, 2022, 07:39 PM
RE: When I feel the snakebite enter my veins - by Kivaluk - December 02, 2022, 03:10 PM
RE: When I feel the snakebite enter my veins - by Tybault - December 06, 2022, 11:51 AM
RE: When I feel the snakebite enter my veins - by Kivaluk - December 07, 2022, 06:35 AM
RE: When I feel the snakebite enter my veins - by Tybault - December 07, 2022, 09:36 AM
RE: When I feel the snakebite enter my veins - by Kivaluk - December 07, 2022, 12:08 PM
RE: When I feel the snakebite enter my veins - by Tybault - December 07, 2022, 12:27 PM
RE: When I feel the snakebite enter my veins - by Kivaluk - December 09, 2022, 10:02 AM
RE: When I feel the snakebite enter my veins - by Tybault - December 09, 2022, 04:48 PM
RE: When I feel the snakebite enter my veins - by Kivaluk - December 11, 2022, 06:56 AM
RE: When I feel the snakebite enter my veins - by Tybault - December 16, 2022, 12:19 PM
RE: When I feel the snakebite enter my veins - by Kivaluk - December 17, 2022, 06:59 PM
RE: When I feel the snakebite enter my veins - by Tybault - December 23, 2022, 12:33 PM