Barrow Fields what once was mine
457 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Warrior
All Welcome 
Heat thread! I can change the tag if it becomes necessary.
This stretch of wilderness hadn’t changed much in Moorhen’s absence. She suspected most inconsistencies were the product of her imperfect recall rather than actual change, but here, at least, was a place that was just exactly as she remembered it. The Barrow Field was the quickest and easiest way down into the taiga and valley to the south for wolves disinterested in mountaineering, and Moorhen had passed through it time and again. During her time at Undersea, she’d used this route to visit sister packs or to hunt down large game. It filled the aging seawolf with nostalgia to remember the young girl she’d once been.

Not that she wasn’t still spry midway through her sixth year. Her youthful, whiplike strength had settled into a more enduring musculature. It was enough that she’d braved the mountains again for the first time in years and found them not quite so daunting as she remembered.

Even so, she was glad to come back down to sea level and breathe in the salt air. It was where she’d always felt happiest. Where she’d always been most comfortable. Perhaps one day soon, she’d venture west and find her homeland. Today, she did not want to think about what pack might have laid claim to it in the meantime. Instead she spent the afternoon frisking through the field she’d last run through as a girl.

She was, of course, well aware that her season had come again. It was for this reason that she’d broken off from her traveling companions. No matter how agreeable Meylodi and Void appeared, she had no desire to sit through the tension her current state might bring 
about.
Messages In This Thread
what once was mine - by Moor - May 09, 2023, 02:45 PM
RE: what once was mine - by Tahoe - May 09, 2023, 10:03 PM
RE: what once was mine - by Moor - May 13, 2023, 11:13 AM
RE: what once was mine - by Tahoe - May 13, 2023, 11:08 PM
RE: what once was mine - by Moor - May 23, 2023, 10:20 AM
RE: what once was mine - by Tahoe - May 23, 2023, 07:30 PM