Silver Moraine Come on Superman, Say Your Stupid Line
45 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
His words thanked Eteph, while his body furthered the appreciation with a gentle brush of the their shoulders. The woman nodded her head, a slow blink followed that nearly turned into a full bow. Although it would be hypocritical of her to think him disgraceful, if he had wallowed in his own pity; she was far from without flaw. Ete appreciated Omnium could see the strength that was produced from the past. Ever iridescent in character, the man continued to prove himself, even without trying. 
As his question closed, his words reverberated in the woman's lobe, free to spark and ignite the pyres of her past. Etephyr breathed, a scarily familiar scent trickling in, becoming pungent by her third breath. Acrid, with a hint of pine, the noxious stench was all she could sense. No longer could she feel her muscles flexing with each step, rather, they were stagnant; fixated in place. She wanted to run, the screaming in her chest growing violent. Her core thrashed against its cage and wailed its warnings of immanent peril but the body played ignorance. A fire burned bright, if Etephyr could have see her own eyes she would've sworn the fire perfectly reflected in them. Perhaps that was where they got their color. The heat of the flame singed her chest and burned her eyes, Etephyr tried to blink the heat away and found a stream of tears cooling her cheeks. 
It was over in a fraction of a minute. The green pastures came back into view and so did Omnium. Amber orbs flickered, irrationally searching for an answer in him. Confusion quickly turned to horror as her actions cemented her back into reality. She could not believe what she let happen, the very thing she abhorred. Pity. She had wallowed in it like swine. Etephyr wiped away her tears, clumsily trying to hide her shame. Wide eyed, she stared down Omnium defeat like a barrel of a gun, loaded and ready to fire. 
"That wasn't-" Pitiful? "I didn't mean to-" Wallow? 
Words escaped her, the burn of degradation setting in. Etephyr turned her head away, slinking back into a sit. "I did not mean to disgrace myself." Remorse kept her voice meek, pathetically cracking at the end. Had she not spoken of the strengths of a broken past? Could she not live up to her own words or was it simply betraying her? Etephyrs mind whirred with questions, bombarded from every side. A phrase kept repeating at nauseum, taunting her like a school yard bully. Too much of a good thing is detrimental. 
No one ever told me I made sense, so I stopped trying to.
Thread limit (1/2)
Messages In This Thread
Come on Superman, Say Your Stupid Line - by Omnium - May 28, 2023, 02:09 AM
RE: Come on Superman, Say Your Stupid Line - by Etephyr - May 29, 2023, 10:34 PM
RE: Come on Superman, Say Your Stupid Line - by Omnium - June 05, 2023, 01:01 AM