Silver Moraine Come on Superman, Say Your Stupid Line
44 Posts
Ooc — Free
w-w The song has me tearing up.

Omnium remained stoic in the position that he had taken just a small distance from her. There was a silence that the brute knew not how to break after Etephyr had spoken words that rang true, and her words were apprehended as they rang out into the world around them. Their volume fizzled out into the open air as the ears they fell upon ascertained their hidden meanings. His own history was marred by the wounds of time, ever sealed within the cage of his mind, and despite the urge to comfort her, he remained still. No words spoken by any other soul could heal the wounds within oneself, and Omnium had been forced to learn it in the most devastating way possible.

The tears that fell from the eyes of a familiar face brought him the most pain, but there would be no admittance of that. They were not here to comfort his wounds. In this very moment, the only individual in the world that mattered to Omnium was Etephyr. A woman who had only shown her strengths from the beginning of their time together, and he had basked in that light, unaware of the cracking foundation that lie beneath the surface. Had she been anyone else, the brute would have given his leave to allow for her to compose herself before returning, but Omnium remained by her side. As still as stone, a gargoyle poised in uncertainty.

As much as he wished to respect her boundaries, his paws hesitantly carried his lumbering figure to her side. The large male took up a sitting position next to her, and he mirrored her while looking over the expansive terrain that remained an unspoken proof of how far their journeys had carried them. A silent offering of comfort within the bounds of company. He was close enough that their shoulders would brush if she wished, but his yellow gaze remained on the valley. They took in everything and nothing at all.

He spoke then. A gentleness that had never been laced in his voice before made itself known. There are some things that even the most graceful of wolves are unable to control. I may appear to be graceful now, but there was a time when my trials and tribulations made me into a bitter person. I am thankful that you will never have to meet that side of me, but I want you to know that grace is not everything. There are bigger things within life that another can not steal from you. Thoughts, feelings, emotions... They are all your own. Omnium paused, taking a deep breath. I am unsure of who might have pushed you to believe that we are nothing without it, but they were sorely mistaken in their ideologies of the world. There is no need to fear the theft of your grace within my company, Etephyr. You are the very embodiment of grace within my eyes.
Messages In This Thread
Come on Superman, Say Your Stupid Line - by Omnium - May 28, 2023, 02:09 AM
RE: Come on Superman, Say Your Stupid Line - by Omnium - June 05, 2023, 01:01 AM