Kintla Flatlands My undead mummy and me
812 Posts
Ooc —
This is future-dated a couple of days from now. Outsiders and aspiring Healers especially welcome! :)

The first morning following the cutting, Junior awoke to very sore legs indeed. She stood carefully and skulked discreetly across the plateau, dropping down into the flat lands and wading into the river. The cold water soothed the aching cuts. Hopefully they cleaned them too. Junior stood there until her legs went numb, then retreated onto the bank to lick tenderly at the wounds before retreating back into the woods.

The second morning, she felt a bit better but the wounds looked downright gnarly. Disgusted, Junior returned to the river and washed the pus off her limbs. She even scrubbed at them a little, which hurt like a bitch. Aunt Willow had always stressed the importance of keeping wounds clean, so she just wanted to be sure there was no dirt or grime in them. Once more, she withdrew and returned to the plateau.

On the third morning, Junior could barely move. Her legs not only looked horrible, they throbbed and pulsed. When she touched her nose to one of the angry cuts, it was agony. Her broken skin was hot to the touch too. When she tried to climb to her feet, she cried out in pain. She knew, without a doubt, that her wounds were infected. She also knew she should call Aunt Willow; she undoubtedly required medical intervention.

But the young Osprey hesitated, feeling a deep, burning shame at the thought of revealing what she'd done to herself. Surely Aunt Willow wouldn't judge her but... word would get around and she might have to leave the plateau out of sheer embarrassment. Whimpering from the pain, she hobbled across the plateau, seeking the relief of the river's icy waters. The slow, agonizing trip gave her time to think and build her courage.

Luckily, Junior did not run into anyone, though by the time she reached the bank, she was feverish and trembling. She swooned suddenly, her vision dimming. She staggered and fell onto her right hip with a muted yip. Junior went to duck her head between her legs to get the blood to rush to it, though she fainted despite her desperate effort, crumpling into a motionless heap just feet from the water.
Messages In This Thread
My undead mummy and me - by Junior - November 09, 2014, 12:21 PM
RE: My undead mummy and me - by Valtyr RIP - November 09, 2014, 08:51 PM
RE: My undead mummy and me - by Blue Willow - November 09, 2014, 09:17 PM
RE: My undead mummy and me - by Lasher - November 09, 2014, 09:37 PM
RE: My undead mummy and me - by Junior - November 09, 2014, 10:58 PM
RE: My undead mummy and me - by Valtyr RIP - November 09, 2014, 11:16 PM
RE: My undead mummy and me - by Blue Willow - November 10, 2014, 03:47 PM
RE: My undead mummy and me - by Lasher - November 10, 2014, 04:03 PM
RE: My undead mummy and me - by Junior - November 10, 2014, 05:09 PM
RE: My undead mummy and me - by Valtyr RIP - November 10, 2014, 09:40 PM
RE: My undead mummy and me - by Blue Willow - November 11, 2014, 11:46 AM