Blacktail Deer Plateau You said it- I'm losing touch
75 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Pack Formation 
AW! Pack formation thread

Taking her mother's suggestion into account, Thyra moved inland to scout out the area not far away, so that the journey would be easier on the children, and that the terrain might provide a better place for them to spend the winter. It was lower in elevation, still girdled by dark woodlands and still lightly scented with ocean air, whatever came in with the wind that made its way through the forest. 

Along the fringes of the plateau stood tall aspen, and amid those aspen moved a herd of deer who seemed to take little interest in the lone wolf as they moved toward thicker cover. She could hear the rustling of a river nearby, and when she approached the stand of aspen, she could peer down the stony edges of the Caldera, and out over the flatlands. 

It was different from what they were used to- but still would make an excellent stronghold for the pack, nestled in the embrace of the mountain so that they could survive the winter. 

But there was a problem. 

The territory did not come without its own set of inhabitants, and among them was a family of skunks. The little ones were big enough now that Thyra felt they might also be capable of spraying, but she had no doubts about the Mama skunk, who warned her off with adorable stamps of her hind feet. The wolf whined. She wanted them to move, and leave the territory because for sure, one (or all) of the pack's kids would find the skunk, bother it, and get sprayed. She needed to shepherd them out of the territory before the kids showed up. 

But how, exactly, does one herd a skunk without being sprayed?
Old Norse | Common Tongue
Messages In This Thread
You said it- I'm losing touch - by Thyra - October 07, 2023, 01:52 PM
RE: You said it- I'm losing touch - by Baldr - October 09, 2023, 01:43 PM
RE: You said it- I'm losing touch - by Thyra - October 09, 2023, 01:45 PM
RE: You said it- I'm losing touch - by Baldr - October 09, 2023, 01:48 PM
RE: You said it- I'm losing touch - by Thyra - October 09, 2023, 01:50 PM
RE: You said it- I'm losing touch - by Baldr - October 09, 2023, 01:52 PM
RE: You said it- I'm losing touch - by Thyra - October 09, 2023, 01:55 PM
RE: You said it- I'm losing touch - by Baldr - October 09, 2023, 01:57 PM
RE: You said it- I'm losing touch - by Thyra - October 09, 2023, 01:59 PM
RE: You said it- I'm losing touch - by Baldr - October 09, 2023, 02:01 PM