Ocean's Breath Plateau 'Cause I could be in love if I really tried
Moontide
Healer
129 Posts
Ooc — xynien
All Welcome 
Marina knew that something was wrong even before the fever set in, before the aching stiffness crept into her limbs and nausea began to plague her at a new intensity. Her first pregnancy had been no walk in the park, but this was something new. And it scared her.

For that reason, and for @Tullik's sake, she wore a brave face. She spoke nothing of her own discomfort. It would pass, she was sure.

But sometime in the night, Marina worsened rapidly. Her fever heightened; soon she couldn't sleep past her own trembling. There was a midwife in Moontide, she knew that, but in her muddled state she did not think of @Kukutux. As she slipped from the den in the early hours of the morning, thinking that she shouldn't disturb Tullik's sleep, she wondered about her husband. She wondered when he would come home.

Marina went to the water. She felt a little as if she might be dying, but there was no panic in her for it. Nothing but the distant notion that if she did die, it was best done in the water, so that Tullik would never need to see her like that. She closed her eyes as she stepped into the water, still trembling fiercely.
Messages In This Thread
'Cause I could be in love if I really tried - by Marina - March 12, 2024, 09:25 AM