Ouroboros Spine and i don't know how it gets better than this
Moonglow
Pi
my mind turns your life into folklore
120 Posts
Ooc — Chan
All Welcome 
Nantahala had been watching squirrels for most of the morning, and had found they were more entertaining than she'd originally anticipated. She liked the way they scurried about, hurrying from one task to the next, and was motivated by their antics. She was also fascinated with the way they climbed, and began to wonder why wolves didn't climb trees. Without an adult around to answer her question, Nantahala figured that she would have to find out for herself. 

She stood at the base of a tree with her arms wrapped around the trunk, and hopped, hoping the movement would give her some momentum to get up the tree.
Moonglow
NPC
106 Posts
Ooc — Y2K9
Morning brings the shadow crawling from the roost. It seemed with each passing day of this shifting month he is brought further away from the walls he'd built around himself. Every outing brought a new discovery that by every account should not be so.

He came across one of Moonglow's children, a little girl.

Lómion was hesitant in his approach.

Careful now, his wavering voice was softer than it ought to be, for his mind was not present.

They were bound by blood, as told by the hint of his sister in her golden fur. This girl, his niece. Still so young, awkward in her form. She'd time to grow, but Lómion can't help but feel he'd missed so much of it already. 

You could get hurt. Doing... His voice trailed off as the present returned to him. —what are you doing exactly..?
Moonglow
Pi
120 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Thanks for joining! Really appreciate it!

"Careful now," a stranger called. 

Nantahala turned her head at the sound of the voice, curious as to who was speaking. Although she did not recognize him, she noticed how strongly the Moonglow's scent was upon him, and knew he was not a stranger. She smiled at him upon realizing this and wagged her tail. 

I'm CLIMBING! she announced proudly when she was asked what she was doing. I wanna be just like the squirrels and climb up high! she glanced up to where the chattering creatures had vanished, and lingered there for a moment before adding: Do you know how to climb!? Her voice hitched in excitement at the thought. Couldyouteachme?!
Moonglow
NPC
106 Posts
Ooc — Y2K9
There was an oposition in energy. The girl acted with the livliness of, well, a pup. Bright eyed, bushy tailed, spouting goals only a child could have. Or so he assumed. The aim of whelps was never something he was all too familiar with.

Her excitement had not rubbed off on him. No, it was a bit overwhelming in fact. Just the sheer amount of words that flowed out of her mouth was enough to take him aback with raised brows. Familial guilt was the only thing keeping him from cowering away from her aura completely.

N-no, I don't. Lómion's gaze shifted upwards. No wolf can climb a tree. We are not built to do so, I don't think.
Moonglow
Pi
120 Posts
Ooc — Chan
NO!!! Nantahala hollered, refusing to believe the stranger, THAT CAN'T BE REAL!!!! She would prove him wrong!! I CAN DO IT!!!! I'LL SHOW YOU!! Now, she was more determined than ever to climb the tree. She shifted her focus to the tree trunk and frantically clawed at it in an attempt to grasp it, but each time she tried, she was unable to do it. She let out a frustrated groan. 

I'M GOING TO DO IT!! she assured him, unwilling to give up.
Moonglow
NPC
106 Posts
Ooc — Y2K9

Her determination was terrifying.

An unstoppable force that certaintly would not be met by its immovable object. Ok, Lómion muttered through a nervous lick of his lips. He'd stay the wide-eyed spectator, ready to call for more competent aid if need be (lord forbid).

From how things appeared now, he would not walk away in awe of witnessing such an impossible task. 

Are you sure—? The question cut short in fear of the pup's wrath.
Moonglow
Pi
120 Posts
Ooc — Chan
"Are you sure—" Lòmion asked.

[Image: angry-puppycat.gif]

—YES!! Nantahala cut in, answering as she looked over her shoulder and glared at him, I CAN DO IT! ICANDOIT!!! She held his gaze for as long as he would allow. I.CAN.DO.IT!!!! 

Despite her confidence, she soon realized her approach to climbing was ineffective, and she paused to weigh her options before ultimately deciding to dismount and step back a few paces. She then sprinted towards the tree and threw herself at it, only to be taken aback by the force of impact, causing her to rebound off the trunk and land on her back with a pained groan.