Blacktail Deer Plateau New Beginnings
Do not mistake my kindness for weakness, I am stronger than you know.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue Willow stalked close to the borderline neither being on the border or off the border. She had never been part of a pack, but she was going to try her best to learn. She was familiarizing herself with the border, she could tell by the smells that this was the borderline of her new home. She was hoping to continue to learn about the herbs around and she was looking forward to learning some local lore. Her parents had made their life with stories and herbs and she was very good at both. She was hoping to gain more of a knowledge of both and it was far from the time that she was too finally settle down. She lifted her nose and looking around. Her blue black fur glistened with the morning dew that she had rolled in and her green eyes sparkled as she watched the sun in the sky.
18 Posts
Ooc — Amy
ooc: *squeeee* hiii!

Venturing back toward the border, the dark male stopped. Just within his vision was a tall female, her pelt a lovely shade of blue/grey. She was clearly knew and trying to familiarize herself. Standing back in the shadows that were casted by the trees onto the layer of snow, he watched her for a while. He watched how she moved, how she took note of each plant. Kuno was not normally the type of wolf to study another like this, but it was just something about her. It could have been the shade of her pelt, or the fact that she was new, newer than even he was.

It was a while before he eventually stepped forward, clearing his throat with a deep rumble to obtain her attention. He positioned himself so he was looking at her almost completely head on, but had her completely in his field of vision from his working eye. He expected her to cringe at the sight of his scarring and dead eye, as that is what most wolves did. They were disturbed by him, and at no fault of his own. It was just how things worked out for the large warrior. Kuno watched and waited, wondering what her reaction would be. He didn't speak up just yet, but he would, once he figured out this wolf a bit more.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
OOC:*HI! Tackles*

Blue Willow had felt a change in the air around her, a sixth sense causing her pelt to raise slightly. It was not a harmful change or a threatening one just a change. She sniffed slightly smelling another nearby, but deciding not to speak as she did not have them in her view, they could be an alpha and want to speak before she spoke.

She turned slowly as a deep grumble of a throat clearing came to her sensitive ears. Turning her green eyes towards the noise she lowered her self slightly, out of pure respect after all she knew very well that she would be on the bottom of the totem pole here, and was expected to be treated as thus for awhile.

At first glance she noticed the scars that riddled and rode on his hide. His one eyes was cloudy and gray, a shiny orb without sight. She did not flinch nor did she stare overly long, it was not polite and truth be told she had seen much worse on many others. After all her parents had been healers, so the sight of scars did not bother her, though they made her infinitely curious.

She tilted her head slightly and with a small smile dipped her head and said quietly, "Hello there! I am Blue Willow, I'm New."
18 Posts
Ooc — Amy
The newcomer didn't stare long, but she definitely took notice of his scarred pelt. Watching the woman, he could tell she was somewhat carefree in nature. Someone who more than likely hadn't been in war, but based on her non-existent reaction to his scars, she had probably seen the aftermath of it. He could only imagine some of the things that went on in the wolf's mind. He came closer to the femme, taking in her appearance. Her small bow was polite, but he didn't particularly care for that. She was slim, but not in an unhealthy way. She certainly traveled often, her muscles were defined but still feminine. "I see..."

He came up to the female, looking her over. She looked like a gentle wolf, and certainly knowledgeable. He circled her once before stopping in front of her. "I'm Kuno Klug. I must admit... you are one of few who are not bothered by my scarring and eye... " He watched her face, looking for any reaction, be it to his sudden close proximity or his statement.

set by Emy

1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue Willow's pelt prickled at the way the other studied her. It was not a bad prickling it was just something she was not used too. She was confused at his words of I see, wondering what he meant by them. She allowed him to study her, it did not bother her, he may find her as curious as she found him. She was certain that he saw the bloody part of living, and it made him careful.

Blue Willow found his face making sure to not have complete eye contact as it was not polite and she smiled softly. "Pleasure to meet you Kuno Klug, though do you mind if I just call you Kuno, your name is a bit of a mouthful as is mine. You're more than welcome to call me Blue or Willow if you prefer." she thought for a moment how to approach his comment about the scars. She did not wish to offend but she also wanted him to know that his scars did not bother her in the least.

"No your scars do not bother me, I have seen the like and much worse before. My parents are healers and i have picked up some healing from them. They do not bother me and besides it's rude to stare at another's flaws you know.
18 Posts
Ooc — Amy
Kuno nodded ever so slightly to himself. The female was a kind one, gentle it seemed, too. Something about her past helped him relax every so slightly, which was seen in the lowering and relaxation of his tail and back. Blue Willow was a mouthful, besides, Blue was all that was needed for her. It was not only her name but described her look. "Very well then, Blue. And might I add, it rather pleases me that you are not bothered by this marred appearance of mine. Not many are like that."

With this, he did something he rarely did. He smiled at her. It wasn't a huge smile, but it was gentle and relaxed, showing she could be the same around him. Perhaps she would be able to help him come out to the pack more, or even just relax and be himself, or at least a new self. He hoped he would have a friend in the female, that was for sure. "Might I just ask one thing? What made you separate from your parents?"

set by Emy

1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue Willow tilted her head as he spoke. She had to smile softly as he relaxed, she liked others to be relaxed around her. It helped her be relaxed as well. If other's were not relaxed it made her uncomfortable. She frowned at his off hand way of saying others were not nice to him. Her hackles rose slightly, but not in anger to him. "That's awful Kuno, we should not treat others based on how they look, but rather how they present themselves and how their hearts our. Urgh it makes me so angry when others are senselessly rude.

She was still furious at the fact that others treated him so badly, but she did return his smile and tried very hard to calm down now that her ire was up on his account. She did not know the male wanted a friend in her, but she would be his friend if that was what he wanted, she wanted friends as well.

Blue Willow stopped moving for a moment and sat down as she thought about his question and how to best answer it without sounding a little callous. "I love my family and my parents. They were older when they had me and I have two other brothers besides. We have traveled all my life, our livelihood depended on it, we traded our stories and our medicine for a warm den and food. We could hunt though there were only three of us so it was rather hard to hunt large game so we just depended on other packs. I tired of that, though it was the hardest thing i've ever done I left my parents to settle into my own forever home. She blinked again and shuffled he rfeet shyly she hoped he wouldn't think she was a horrible daughter for leaving her elderly parents. She had begged them to come with her to settle down finally they refused.
18 Posts
Ooc — Amy
Blue's reaction was quite the surprise to the male. He raised an eyebrow, though he was also smiling. Not only was she sweet and gentle, but she had some fire in her. It just took something to get it out of her. Interesting. He allowed her to calm down, speaking again on the matter. "When a warrior who has clearly seen more than his fair share of fights comes face to face with wolves not used to that atmosphere, it can cause mixed emotions. Most are simply scared, turn tail, and run away." Kuno shrugged his shoulders a bit. It didn't bother him anymore. He had been hardened by war and reactions. So what if others were scared of him? It just meant fewer wolves in his way.

He gave her a look that said they did not need to continue on the topic, instead encouraging her to tell her story of her parents. He nodded, almost sad, at how she had to live her life before coming to the Plateau. Even when living in a pack at constant war Kuno did not have to worry about not having a place to sleep or an empty stomach. Though the second part was true in winter, it was still not horrible. He stood next to her, nudging her slightly with his shoulder to try and lift her spirits. "That must have been tough. Not only leaving your parents, but that life. Having to rely on others for even basic things is tough. And leaving your family, trust me, it's hard, no matter what the circumstances." He gave her another reassuring smile before moving a couple steps away.

set by Emy

1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue Willow saw his eyebrow raised and her smile turned sheepish. She tended to get all up in paws about others being rude and judgemental. It was something she had dealt with all her life and she hated it. She also hated conflict of any kind, though if needed she could of course take care of herself, her father had made sure of that. "I know very well about that life, not only am i a healer raised amongst healers but my father was a warrior long before i was born. He was very strong and very brave and he wore his own scars though most of his were internal and not easily seen. Blue Willow could not even fathom having others afraid of her, it would break her tender heart.

Blue Willow was momentarily taken aback by his nudge, not because it bothered her. But rather because he did not seem like a gentle touch kind of wolf yet his soft touch was kind enough. Perhaps he was much like her father, battle scarred and weary of violence that had a soft heart beating beneath his breast. She sighed and returned the slight nudge and then nodded. "Yes it was very hard, but I want my own life, my own den I want to help wolves that will remember my name, and face those that will love me. I want my own family my own life. I begged them to come with me, but they were far to happy in their life to do so.
18 Posts
Ooc — Amy
He was just filled with surprises today, and it was clear in the shocked expression Blue gave after the shoulder nudge. Kuno smiled again, this time more to himself though, when he heard Blue talk about her father. Warriors were one in the same, hard yet caring. That was part of what made him leave his old pack. He would kill when needed, but when not at battle he would at least try to be kind. It was not taken well, and once he lost his sight in one eye, it only got worse for him. His caring side slowly vanished, and he knew he had to leave. "Your father must have been a great wolf. It can be hard for warriors to be so compassionate."

Another smile came, this one was once again sad, when she spoke again of how her parents refused to take on a new, and probably better, life to continue helping. "Some paths are better than others. Perhaps that was the lifestyle that best fit them. I'm sure they are happier with how they live than if they belonged to a pack. No matter how hard you tried, it probably wouldn't have changed that." It might seem unfortunate, but it was true. He tried being a loner, and it just was not for him. Although he hated the restrictions of a pack, it was the lifestyle that fit him best. For Blue's parents, it was the opposite.

set by Emy

1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue Willow smiled at him a full toothy smile. "My father was a wonderful male. I think that part of the reason he was so compassionate was because in some way he was trying to make amends for what he had done in his former life before he met my mother. Truth be told Blue Willow knew about war and battles and conflict and wounds, but she did not know what it was like to be in them. She also did not know fully what her father had done or been through. In a way she kind of liked it that way. She would have liked to understand better at what he went through, but at the same time, she did not want to know. She liked to think of him how she knew him, not as a hardened warrior.

She frowned as she thought of his words, he was probably right. Although being a loner was all her mother had known so perhaps her mother had just not wanted to get out of her comfort zone and her father loved her mother so much he would never leave or do what she didn't want. "Yes you're probably right. I think a lot of it had to do with the simple fact that my mother has always been a loner a healer, and my father he loves her so much, i don't think he would ever do anything she didn't want to or leave her. And perhaps just perhaps he had enough pack life when he was younger. She licked her lips as she saw the other male listening to her.

Current time: May 02, 2024, 06:42 PM Powered By MyBB, © 2002-2024 MyBB Group.