Fairspell Meadow the sound of silence
dread the day when dreaming ends
1,345 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
:( My babies!

They were alive. For the first few moments after setting the pups down, that was all that mattered - Allure retched and whimpered, scared but looking otherwise intact when her mother choked back a second wave of vomit and looked her over with bleary eyes. "I want dad," the little girl whined. Me too, Bazi thought, but there was no time for any of them to surrender to self-pity. Scimitar was far away, and not everyone had made it out of the Grove unscathed. Swift was hurt.

"Find running water," Bazi instructed Allure in a soft voice, ushering her away from Swift. "Don't argue, come straight back when you find it. Not a sound." A cursory glance at Swift was enough to know that his sister needed to be somewhere else. His face was a mess of blood and torn flesh, but the worst injury of all was the punctured eyeball hanging out of its socket by a bundle of thin, pink fibers. Even in the poor light, it was grotesque.

"Mom..." he gurgled, shattering his mother's heart. She gave Allure a final shove and rushed to his side, curling herself around his pale, trembling body. It was hard to look at him. "You'll be fine, sweetheart. You're injured, but you'll be fine." Bazi's voice was a high, false whine - and a lie. She rolled Swift onto his back, pinning his lower half under her elbow and supporting either side of his head with her paws. You didn't need to be a healer to know that there was no hope for the eye. Bazi swallowed a second wave of sick, and steeled herself. Quick, and without warning"I'm so, so sorry, honey," Bazi whispered - then she seized her son's eyeball and bit it off.
Messages In This Thread
the sound of silence - by Bazi - September 07, 2015, 06:46 PM
RE: the sound of silence - by Allure - September 08, 2015, 12:03 PM
RE: the sound of silence - by Kris' First Swift - September 08, 2015, 06:09 PM
RE: the sound of silence - by Bazi - September 09, 2015, 05:16 AM
RE: the sound of silence - by Allure - September 09, 2015, 10:18 AM
RE: the sound of silence - by Kris' First Swift - September 09, 2015, 05:31 PM
RE: the sound of silence - by Bazi - September 10, 2015, 10:48 AM
RE: the sound of silence - by Kris' First Swift - September 10, 2015, 04:32 PM
RE: the sound of silence - by Bazi - September 20, 2015, 11:55 AM
RE: the sound of silence - by Kris' First Swift - September 20, 2015, 12:30 PM
RE: the sound of silence - by Allure - September 28, 2015, 09:37 AM