Wapun Meadow Looking for anything
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie

There wasn't any real reason for her journey, just to be free for a few days. She had helped fill a good amount of caches before she left for what she called a minor vacation, to make up for her absence. It felt odd that Pearl needed to get away from wolves in this short amount of time already, but life in a different pack felt odd when you still didn't know everyone, and the ones you did know were confusing and sometimes difficult. Turning her head to the rising sun and feeling the warmth it gave, she walked through the meadow of flowers. Though they were drying up and dying, there were a few that still held on. This was really worth the two and a half day trip it took to get here. Darn mountains.

After enjoying the beautiful morning for a bit, Pearl saw a rock that looked really good for a nap. Leaping up and settling herself down, she was slowly lulled to sleep by the warm rays of the sun and the scent of fall and flowers enveloping her.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian was exploring the valley, though he liked to stay in howling distance from Jade Fern Grove. He liked to be able to hear it when Haven would call for him. Sebastian realized he was thinking more and more about her so maybe this was the start of something good. The grey male trotted through a meadow. Would Haven like flowers? Was that a silly thing to do? Sebastian sniffed a few, the ones that were still alive that is. Most of them didn't survive the colder days. Still today autumn was rather sunny and nice. 

That was when he spotted a female sleeping on a rock, right in the open. Sebastian was confused for a moment, thinking that she might be sick. His healer trade was still something he earned for a reason. He liked to help others. The male trotted forward and let out a chuff. "Hey? Are you okay? Do you need help?," he offered, silly him, worried for a stranger.
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
Pearl's eyes flew open at a rouge chuff, and instantly regretted falling asleep in an unknown open area. Of course there would be other wolves coming out, the world didn't stop for sleep. She raised her head to the stranger, who was very big, dark, and fluffy. He seemed nice, at least for not killing her while she slept. "Maka" she swore softly, before saying "No, I'm ok, I just kind of dozed off. I traveled here from over the mountains to...get some plants for my pack healer. I'm Pearl, by the way." Stupid excuse, but it was partly true. It would help Blue if she found a few, and maybe this wolf would help. He seemed nice, and even handsome. By the scent of him, it seemed like he was a lone wolf, but there was a slight trace of another wolf. Maybe he already had a lover. She walked slowly off the rock, keeping him in her sights. "What about you? What's your name?"
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian stepped back when the female woke up. Ah, she was just sleeping. Well that was embarrassing. "Oh, I came from the mountains too a few days ago," he explained. "I am a healer and I thought something was wrong because you were lying down in the open." Sebastian pulled his face into a friendly smile, not really wanting to make her uncomfortable. His intentions were good after all. 

"Oh! I could help you with some plants," he offered. "If you want to I mean..," he muttered. The young male liked to help out others, just to prove that he wasn't anything like his father. "I'm Sebastian. I actually traveled here. I might join a pack close by," he explained.
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
She cocked her head a bit when he mentioned he was over the mountains. Pearl waited until he had finished with a goofy smile that made her heart pang despite the circumstances. She couldn't play the guys at the Plateau, if some liked her or not. "Where over the mountains, if you don't mind me asking? And yeah, I'm really fine. This all is the open, really." She said, easing up a bit. If he was a healer, he couldn't be that threatening immediately. 

Grateful for the offer and not hearing the mumbling, she blurted, "Yeah, sure!" and as an afterthought, "If it's no trouble." Sebastian. Interesting name, one she hadn't heard. Then again, there were hundreds of names that were very creative in this land. With a sound of interest, she asked "Oo, what pack? I don't know many around here. Sorry for all the questions, I'm probably sounding really nosy." Sheepishly she looked away and back with a smile.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian flickered his tail in a friendly wag. He was always ready to help. "I went from west to east since I didn't mind the mountains. I went over The Wall, the small ledge part," he returned, it was a more dangerous route but it just came natural to him to walk by small edges and cliffs since he was born on one. He learned very early what happened if you were reckless and careless, you die.

Sebastian smiled because this was also a chance for him to look for herbs and expand his knowledge or at least broaden his skills. "Not at all. It would be good to refresh my memory," he returned on a kind tone. The immensely sized male looked around, maybe there were already some nearby that would be easy to take with them. "You're good, don't worry. I might try out the Grove pack North-West of here," he explained, though he didn't gave her a reason.
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
Pearl nodded her head in recognition of the name. "The Wall, that's really close to my pack, Blacktail Deer Plateau. I'm not totally sure how I got here, but I did." Sebastian looked around at the plants, and she thought that it was a bit ironic that at first glance he didn't look like a healer. But looks don't determine anything, especially plant wise. "I'm not originally from the Wilds, so some of the plants don't look familiar," She provided for an explanation. She was really almost an open book once she started talking. Could potentially be dangerous in the future.

Grove pack. She was hoping he would say the Hollow, because she knew a bit about that one. "I only know about the Hollow. My pack's Beta has a friend that visits from there sometimes. Blue nosed." Such randomness. Why was she telling him this?
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian perked his ears forward with interest because that meant that the pack he went past was Blacktail Deer Plateau. "If you feel at home there I wouldn't think too much about how you got to a pack," he returned. After all he joined RHC with very different intentions in the beginning too. The grey young male even went after the healer trade, not what he had in mind for himself in the beginning. 

"I am also not from this region originally. But I learned with the help of other wolves and listening to them," he explained wisely. The male brought his nose closer to the ground. He trotted forward in search of anything interesting. "The summer ended so there won't be as much plants as before. But we might find some, not sure if they would be good quality."

Sebastian looked up with a surprised expression. "Blue nosed? Are you sure he isn't ill?," he asked with a light frown. He had never seen a blue-nosed wolf before. How curious. "In the hollow you say? Hmm interesting. Oh well. The only reason I might join the grove pack is because there is a female I kinda like. Not too serious yet, but uh... yeah. She is cool and all," he let out back to being awkward.
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
Pearl gave a sound of interest when he spoke his wise words, but smiling because that's not what she meant. Wisdom comes from experience, after all. He might need some more experience. With plants, though, she hoped they could find some around here, or not too far off, since she only knew the one way back.

She didn't really know much about the blue-nosed wolf, but she attempted to answer anyway. "I'm not sure if he's sick or not, but he certainly doesn't act like it. His name's Luke." Sebastian mentioned a female. That clarified it. But on the other hand, she found another wolf that had the knack for making conversations completely awkward unintentionally. Again, she grinned, which she seemed to do a lot around this wolf. She laughed and said, "Well at least I'm not the only one who makes talking awkward all the time." It seemed to be a rare skill that only a select number of wolves had, which she somehow got from her parents, who were eloquent speakers in her past pack.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian didn't know the wolf that she spoke of but he wouldn't mind meeting this certain wolf. Just to see the condition for himself. Maybe it was all normal but it was really interesting the healer. Maybe it was just genetics. That would be a very curious that to explore, and rather difficult. "I will keep the name in mind, thank you," he spoke in return. 

Sebastian pushed his ears forward when she said that. "Oh yeah, I have a talent for it too. But only when the topic goes towards females and stuff. I am not that good with them, I think," he admitted. "Though you are a female so I guess I am doing okay."
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
Pearl gave a friendly sweep of her tail, motioning to walk with her to find some plants. She started off and said, "Well if there's a girl that wants you to hang around, I'd say you're not doing as bad as me." She shuddered at the thought of the intensely awkward conversation with Casmir. "You should have seen me with one of the almost-yearlings in my pack. The Beta's son, for Maka's sake. I had no clue how to talk to him, so naturally I kissed him. It got very confusing and ended with a race." She shook her coat and laughed. "I have no clue how to flirt or turn away guys. But I'm doing pretty well just talking to you." Just talking with someone else was pretty fun. She should talk with Behati again, if she could find her sometime soon. If she kept up being herself, Sebastian could be a friend.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian laughed as the girl mentioned that. This pale female seemed really nice, a hint of awkwardness but that was something he had too. The grey male flickered his tail behind him. "Well I guess so," he agreed with her. Hopefully they would see each other again soon. The big male listened to her story which sounded indeed rather awkward. "That sounds... yeah. What does Maka mean?," he asked curiously not sure what that world meant as she used it twice now. He must have heard it right.

Sebastian had to agree once again. "You are doing pretty well, and that is the thing, don't try to over do it," he smiled. "I was thinking way too hard about it all which is why I was awkward, now I only have it sometimes," he explained.
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
Pearl had nearly forgotten that she often swore in her native language. She had taken it into stride with this one, so it seemed weird to explain it. "Oh, it means 'Earth Mother' in Lakota. I forget I sometimes talk or swear in Lakota, so I'll have to get used to explaining it." she said. Or giving the wrong explanation to mess with them. That brought a hint of a smirk to her face.

Overthinking did seem like a problem. "Well, you overthink, but I have the problem of not thinking at all. Instincts can be useful and not at the same time." Pearl said. She could give many examples to that, especially old hunting stories.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian raised his eyebrow. He tend to not swear at all but this female didn't seem to have a problem with it. "Ah right, okay," he pointed out. Not sure if he liked that aspect. Sebastian was even more surprised with what she was saying. "What does you instinct tell you then? To kiss males instantly?," the young male asked, curious about what was going on her mind. 

Sebastian was looking over the female, and then looked over his shoulder. "Yeah luckily I didn't do anything foolish with her though," he then spoke, he didn't want to judge her too much, everyone their own way of living right?
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
Pearl saw the raised eyebrow and hurried to explain. "I don't swear or use really bad language, I just...It's something to use that I know in my old language, you know?" She said, flustered. And even more so when the next question arrived. She had to stop being so unclear. Pearl raised a front paw up to her face and dragged it down. Sighing, she said, "No. Not really what I meant. I don't really know what's going on in my head sometimes when I say or do stuff like that." She shook her head with a smile on her face.

"Good, keep it up. She's lucky to have a guy like you, just be yourself." Pearl said. It was genuine advice. She was happy for the girl. What's her name?"
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian now understood what the female meant by not being clear and saying the wrong things. He wasn't judging her, after all that is what happened with some wolves. The male nodded slowly. "Not to worry. I think I understand now. It is okay," he offered with a smile. 

The tank of a male wasn't sure if he wanted to talk about her, it made it so much more real. The pale eyed male looked to his paws for a moment. "Haven," he returned and then smiled a bit. "I am just my weird quirky self not every female might like that," he muttered. "Plus it took me awhile until I felt comfortable with myself to show that."
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
Pearl breathed out in relief. Thankfully some understood. Sometimes she thought her awkwardness and misunderstandings she caused would be the death of her. When Sebastian looked to his paws, she could tell he cared for her. She said the first thing that came to mind that her friend once told her; "Well, you're not trying to please everyone. All wolves have different standards, so no one can meet all of them. If they did, they wouldn't be the same. Sometimes wolves like you, sometimes they don't. It is what it is." It was a helpful piece of advice to her, and she hoped that it would help this massive male. The more she got to know him, he was just a lovable, fluffy guy.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian nodded. The pale female was more than right about that. Sebastian looked at her for a moment. "See you can be wise too," he returned with a smile. The male then looked around. He realized that while they were walking and looking for herbs he hadn't done that and only talked to the female. How silly of him. "Alright, but let us find some herbs," he pointed out. Sebastian pushed his nose more to the ground unsure if there were many herbs here. It was autumn so most herbs wouldn't be there anymore with the change of the weather.
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
Do we want to finish up sometime soon?

Oh yeah - herbs. Pearl nodded. She had completely forgotten about getting some of those. Most of the plants seemed pretty dried out, though, so there might be some difficulty. She came alongside him, a strange sight. A great gray next to a small white, walking along in the meadow of drying flowers. She was almost half his size. "What are we looking for, exactly? I never took a big interest in being a healer. Perhaps being a counselor would suit me better."
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sure! :) 

Sebastian realized how small she was once she was off the rock. Sebastian looked over the field. "I don't think we will find much actually. Most are gone and it would take too much of our energy for little herbs," he explained to the pale female. The charcoal male then nodded. "Maybe you could! You sound wise then you could definitely help your other pack mates out," he returned.

Sebastian looked at her and the undergoing sun. "I can't walk you home, I am sorry. I like to stay in the valley. Can you make your way home?," he asked. "Maybe you should spend the night in the valley, the mountains are dangerous at night."
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
I'll wrap this up in the next post then :)

Just what she thought. The herbs would be long gone and the small ones not worth the trouble. "Yeah, it's fine. I don't think I would be able to hold herbs or leaves in my mouth for very long anyway." She said with a shrug. She could be a counselor though, or maybe a caretaker, she was pretty good with little ones. 

Pearl blinked at him in surprise. Walk her home? That was certainly not expected. Him staying in the valley made sense, though, because of Haven, which she understood. "Yeah, I can find my way back okay." She said, looking at the setting sun. Had it been that long? The soft, yellow light cloaked everything, enforcing the autumny feel and giving a touch of warmth to the air. The mountains seemed like a daunting task at night, so she may as well stay until morning. She wanted to see the rest of this sunset in the valley, anyway. "I'll stay the night. What about you?"
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian was glad she agreed, plus with it getting dark it was getting even more difficult to look. Sebastian thought this was a wise decision. "It is not fun I'm telling you," he joked lightly. He had walked with herbs in his mouth and it wasn't a fun job. You have to be very careful too. "I'm glad." He would otherwise have walked her home, just to make sure she would be okay. His mother did get some manners in his system, and he didn't want to end up like his father. 

"I am going back to the north part of this valley. I wandered too far off so I hope Haven didn't call for me yet," he spoke, admitting that he had been thinking about her. He wagged his tail in a friendly matter. "Alright, nice meeting your Pearl," he greeted her in goodbye. Then the large male turned around and trotted away clearly keen to get back, not to get away from her but to get back to Haven.

Last post from me! Feel free to wrap it up on your side ! Thank you <3
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
Welcome! This is a short conclusion but whatever :) 

Pearl nodded and called after his dark, fluffy form, "Hope you see her soon! Nice meeting you too!" She turned and went back to where her rock was. Probably not the best place to sleep again, but it was a great place to watch the sun set over the mountains. The colors were fantastic tonight. The pale girl lay her head down on her paws, ever watching the night sky. Stars were coming out, clear and bright, and danced across her pale green eyes as they shut, a smile upon her face with home on her mind.