Silvertip Mountain look well, o wolves
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
The pack was working together to save Mason, and it seemed to be working. It happened so fast once Steady moved. The feline dropped Mason in lieu of saving its own life. Steady paused for only a moment to ensure Chaska was going for Mason, and then he turned on the heals of the puma. He would chase it as far out of the pack lands as he could, hoping it would not forget how strong of a pack this was if it ever thought to come back.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

Alpha
762 Posts
Ooc — Andrea
Whoops! Forgot about this, sorry, last post for me.

Mason was dropped and FitzDutiful thought about going for the kill, to stop it ever coming back but Mason was his top priority now. Realising that he had to check on his son first and foremost, FitzDutiful bolted to Mason's side to envelop him in a wolfish hug before checking him over. Hopefully it was the hurt of pride more than pain that was causing those tears - or at least he would have the capabilities to heal whatever wounds there were.

The feline... that was a different matter. That said, it was highly unlikely to come back. After all, the Silvertip Mountain wolves had proven they weren't easy to fight; if the cat came back then they'd truly see if cat's had nine lives.
uncurbed, unreined, and riderless
327 Posts
Ooc — Em
Sorry no idea if it is technically my turn but given the time that has elapsed I will wrap this up.

Fate did not allow, fortunately for Mason who remained unbroken but solidly bruised. Stone rose up to meet him, and his limp body splattered unceremoniously to drape along the ground. So limp that he had no chance to roll, it was as though he was a piece of tree sap that adhered to any surface it touched.

He was dimly aware of his adversary bounding off. Sensibly no one gave chase - Chaska darted off but Mason supposed this was to get some help or ensure there was a boundary. Then FitzDutiful appeared and for a moment Mason thought all was right again. He allowed himself to momentarily fall into a tired stupor, and relax against his Dad’s embrace. It would only last for as long as he slept, and then the thoughts and memories would wrap him up again until he could no longer stay near his Dad. Their resolution was weeks away.