Northstar Vale Wilder Mind
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Steady nodded as she answered his question, indicating he was listening to her as they walked. His gaze searched the area before them, looking for signs of trouble, should any appear. I'm sure they'll be happy to see you, he said. Who wouldn't be? She seemed like a very sweet wolf.

She mentioned her pups, and he asked, How old are they? For some reason, he had assumed they were older, he supposed because she was here instead of with them. But, they were obviously young enough for her to worry about being gone too long, even if they didn't need her for milk anymore.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Scarlett bushed a bit. "I hope so. Haven't been there in awhile," she admitted and glanced at him. She liked that he was so positive. It reminded her of when she was still positive, not she landed a bit in a negative spiral. The pale girl looked at Steady as he asked about her children's age. She had to think for a moment. "About half a year already," she admitted and looked at her paws. "They can handle themselves sure, but I don't like to be away from them too much. I think I am quite attached to them," she admitted. Especially after what happened with her and their father. She didn't want to leave them alone too much, in case they needed her. But, if she thought about it, Sesi and Nanook were pretty much independent already.
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
His tailed swayed back and forth in a slow wag as they walked and talked. He was quite enjoying her company. She spoke of her pups being six months old. Oh, I'm sure they're just as attached to you, he assured her. At six months, they were almost considered adults capable of caring for themselves with the guidance of their mother. They would still need her yet, he was sure.

They strolled along until the reached the bottom of Blacktailed Deer Plateau. His head cocked to the side, he questioned, Is there a pack here? He couldn't smell any borders at all, or any signs that a group of wolves resided here. His gaze turned to her as he wondered if maybe he had gotten the place wrong.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~

Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Scarlett smiled. She hoped so but she wasn't so sure about that. She knew about Desna being attached but the others might not that attached to her, they were close to adults actually. Scarlett was saddened by that idea but didn't want to show that to Steady.

As they reached the borders of the Plateau wolves there didn't seem to be any. Scarlett blinked and then looked so confused. "I am sure it was here!!!," she let out and then sniffed the round more. Maybe they moved, or they gotten disbanded. Scarlett looked a bit helpless. So now she traveled all this way for nothing? That saddened her. At least she met Steady, but... "They have probably moved or disbanded," Scarlett then let out, somewhat upset about it. Now she had to travel back home again, and it was quite the distance.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
It seemed they were, indeed, at the right place. Unfortunately, her friends didn't seem to be here. Steady was too new to the area to be able to give any information on whether the pack just moved or disbanded. He frowned, trying to think of something. She had said she wanted to explore...

He had an idea, but he wasn't sure if it would get him into trouble if she accepted it. But, he figured he could ask forgiveness from his brother if it turned out to be a bad idea. Turning his gaze towards her, he suggested, You could come check out Silvertip Mountain... We could even see what Fitz is up to and ask if maybe he knows what happened to the pack here. He looked hopeful, but reserved it as much as he could until she answered.

If Scarlett wants to visit, I could make a new thread in the STM forum

Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Since Scarlett is heavily injured now, I think she need to travel back to fit the timeline :( I loved this thread! <3

Scarlett loved that the male offered to her to go with him to his mountain. "That is nicely offered," she admitted. She battered her red eyes at him with a grateful glance. She should return home. Her pack was probably missing her soon. Now she would just be home earlier. "But I am afraid that I have to go home. But I will remember your offer and try to visit you soon! And otherwise you can always visit me!!," she spoke with a smile.

Scarlett trotted forward and gave him a quick lick in thank you. "Hopefully I will see you around!" Little did the female know that she wouldn't be mobile for a very long time. With her goodbye she left the male, she was thinking that she would most definitely see him again.

- scarlett out-
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Oh, no! I hope she's going to be okay! I loved this thread, too!

His offer was rejected, and for a moment, Steady frowned. However, he smiled once again when she battered her eyes at him. How did she make rejection feel good? She did invite him to visit her, though. I will keep that in mind, he said, smiling back at her. Depending on how the winter went, he might visit her sooner rather than later. But, if the snow was too deep, it would have to wait until Spring. His tail wagged, and he smiled when she licked him. He bowed to her, I hope so, too, he said brightly.

And then she was gone. He stood there, watching after her until he could see her no longer. It had been a very interesting, unexpected, encounter, and he knew he would not soon forget Miss Scarlett. With a spring in his step, Steady headed back home.