Sunbeam Lair dark beauty
belonging to the night
175 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Astronomer
All Welcome 
Noctura the warrior, the fool with heart and mind in solid war against his instinct, stood and regarded his new home. It was beautiful and soulful. A huge cavern deep within the mountain range, reminiscent in many ways to the one in Thunder Dome... which he missed with a quiet sorrow. Thunder Dome had been the first place he'd ever been welcome, but he was training himself not to think like that — Ryūjin itself was the first group that had ever welcomed him, it had naught to do with the land on which he trod. His sweetest memory of that place had been a discovery he'd shared with Asterr — a narrow plateau atop the Dome that overlooked the forest within. Memories like these made it impossible for him to resign from the pack as he'd planned. His feelings for Asterr made self-banishment a painful folly.

It was almost dawn, and the first hints of sunlight shot over the horizon and slanted through into Sunbeam Layer. Noctura walked among it all, so big and composed his form was almost slowmo in its elegance, his silver eyes seeking something to distract him from thoughts and feelings both.
17 Posts
Ooc —
Hope you don't mind Lyght (or me) joining in :)

Lyght was a fighter, there was no doubt about that and being chased out of his old/new home mad him angry, sad as well. The male was always one to get attached to things every quickly, in his eyes it was a burden and a curse wrapped into one. The poor male was heart broken, due to the loss of his family, he'd attach himself to every little thing that reminded him of his own home. Lyght knew every attachment would lead to the death sentence (so to speak) but he didn't care, at that time anyway. Now he knows it will do him no use in staying in the past, despite how hard it may be to move on. Lyght hoped his family would help him on his journey to the future and guide him to the right path.

The burly male pushed all his thoughts aside and decided to meet some of his pack mates, even though it might not be the best time. The first pack mate Lyght spotted was a dark male, with muscles much like Lyght but maybe built even stronger. Only a spar could tell who was the stronger male but Lyght wouldn't dare ask to spar just yet. Instead the male walked up beside the dark wolf. "Why, hello." The man said in a surprisingly neutral voice despite the recent events. "I do believe we haven't met. My names Lyght Armstrong but you can just call me Lyght, or Armstrong if you so please." A small smile was accompanied after he spoke, as well as a head bow. The male felt his introduction was a bit awkward, his social skills were not his priority in his life but he was no hermit when it came to the world. He couldn't be a hermit if he wanted to pursue his scout trade.
belonging to the night
175 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Astronomer
Not at all~ Thanks for joining. ^__^

For once, the recluse found civilisation to be a comfort — one of his packmates approached now and would serve as a helpful distraction. For a moment he thought this was the absent Frostrar, such was his build and pale colouring, but it was clear from his personality (and at second glance) that this was a very different character. Lyght Armstrong, who he now knew by name as well as sight, already seemed a well-mannered sort. And so he was welcome in more ways than one.

My name is Noctura, said the dark to the light. Are you enjoying our new home?

As he spoke, he noticed the odd play of light upon the male. The sky-light from down here was fascinating, making it all the clearer that the way nature worked in this cavernous location was different to anything he'd ever known.
17 Posts
Ooc —
Sorry for the wait and so sorry I called Noctura a male but your profile says Female, so uh Im a little confused as to what gender I should call Noctura XD 

The dark males name was Noctura. It seemed to fit the male, the name seemed dark. Maybe it came from nocturnal, it did rather fit with the males name. Perhaps the name was given to him not only because he has dark fur but because he sleeps all day and stays up all night. Lyght's name was given to him because the color of his fur, white, just like his mother. His father was dark like Noctura but Lyght managed to get his mothers coloring, while his siblings got his fathers fur. Though Lyght didn't like his color when he was younger but as got older he started to like his fur. He really liked it when winter came around, the male would blend in more but the only thing that would give him away is the little bit of black on his back. The man assumed he got that from his father but he didn't mind it, after all he did want to be more like his dad.

"Indeed I am, quite beautiful." The man smiled. Lyght lied about enjoying his new home, he was still rather unhappy with the way things played out but he'd just have to get over that. "How about you?"
belonging to the night
175 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Astronomer
Oooh lol, I must've put female by accident! XD He's definitely male. ^__^ Thanks for the heads up~

Noctura nodded, in easy agreement that this was a beautiful land indeed. Certainly there were more important things, such as resources, shelter and expanse of territory, but Noctura was not the type to underestimate beauty, It touched the heart, a great help when considering the concept of home.

Likewise, he replied, then gestured with his strong muzzle that they continue their stroll. I've told myself I must make efforts to learn about my packmates, he decided to admit. So perhaps you'd do me the honour of telling me about yourself, Lyght.
Iota
18 Posts
Ooc — Aritsu
Lokith yawned and stretched as he awoke from his deep slumber. For once, he'd actually slept decently. Walking out into the daylight, he saw the two wolves lying together. He was new to the pack, only joining a few days before the big move to the new territory. Now was his time to try and be a full part of the pack.

"Hey there, mind if I join you?" He wasn't as nervous as he thought he'd be, but he still wasn't sure about what he was doing.
17 Posts
Ooc —
Sorry this is late, as well as short, I got kinda busy. Oh and if this isn't my time to post just say so :) 

Noctura agreed to the beauty of their new territory, with a nod and some words that followed. Soon after the dark male spoke of wanting to learn about his pack mates. Lyght would only give little answers or even lies, the male wasn't to keen on talking about himself. "There isn't much to tell, other than I just joined the pack a few days back." Hopefully Noctura wouldn't push for more information. 

A honey colored male walked up to the two males asking to join. Lyght saw no reason to say no, so he just nodded his head. The timing of this wolf was perfect, maybe Noctura would focus on the honey wolf.
belonging to the night
175 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Astronomer
Hi Aritsu! And no problem, Lyght~ The posting order is Noctura -> Lokith -> Lyght, so we're all good. ^__^

Noctura, observant as he was, got the faint impression that Lyght was holding back on something — he was a mysterious sort, it seemed, and preferred to keep it that way. Noctura was content enough with this. He was just after a bit of small-talk.

An endeavour that shortly became easier with the arrival of another wolf on the scene — another one whose face was familiar but name unknown. Noctura was reminded once more that he needed to make better efforts to get to know these people. By all means, he replied. My name is Noctura — this is Lyght Armstrong, if you haven't met.
Iota
18 Posts
Ooc — Aritsu
Lokith let out an internal sigh of relief. Thank goodness. He thought and walked over.

"Thank you," The wolf nodded to the two of them. "No, I've not met either of you yet, only seen you around. I'm Lokith or Loki for short. So what brought you two to this pack?" He tried to make conversation, not really knowing how to talk to these wolves.
17 Posts
Ooc —
Deepest apologies for the wait and the post. Also I am assuming were walking? Maybe? I would have made Lyght bow to Noctura if I knew they were not walking lol  

Noctura introduced both himself and Lyght to the honey wolf, or now Lokith. Names are an interesting thing. Right after Noctura introduced them, Lokith asked what had brought them to the pack. Desperationeven guilt. Somehow. Lyght thought to himself. There were many things that drove him to a pack but he knew of only two reasons. Guilt. That reason made no since, why would guilt drive him to a pack? Nothing made since to Lyght anymore, maybe he'd already lost his sanity.

The male just kept his eyes forward, he was going to let Noctura speak first. While he figured out what he'd say. It had to be believable. Noctura didn't look like a gullible wolf but the Honey wolf did. Figuring out a little story, that's believable, would be no easy task. At least for Lyght, he was no story teller.
belonging to the night
175 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Astronomer
No problem! And nope, I believe they're standing still. :)

Noctura gave a light nod of greeting to Lokith. Loki and Lyght... a pairing that just rolled off the tongue. Ryūjin was home to many fine wolves with fine names, and Noctura got the quiet impression that it seemed to attract mysterious sorts. He, of course, was among them.

I've been a wolf of Ryūjin since its inception, said the deep-voiced male, I was travelling aimlessly until I found it.
Iota
18 Posts
Ooc — Aritsu
These two seemed strange to Lokith, but he didn't say anything of the sort. Try to keep your trap shut, and maybe you won't get mauled to death. He thought, exaggerating things in his mind. 

"Oh, really? That's pretty interesting. I was the same before I got to your borders. This is my first proper pack, so I'm still a little wobbly on my paws, but hopefully I'll get used to it soon." The honey coloured wolf smiled and looked to Lyght. "And you?"
17 Posts
Ooc —
Quick phone post. Ganna be on the road for today. Didn't want to hold up the thread. [size=large]
 [/size]

Lyght looked towards the honey wolf. "I decided it was time to join a pack."The male said with a slight smile "So I found this one." The smile  disappeared. Not due to sadness but he wasn't one for smiles.
belonging to the night
175 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Astronomer
Perhaps Lyght was hoping that his non-committal answer was broad enough to keep the spotlight off him, but on the contrary Noctura found it rather interesting. It seemed both of these males had hadn't a pack before this one... or, at least, had chosen to be alone. You were lone wolves by choice? he asked for clarification.
Iota
18 Posts
Ooc — Aritsu
Lokith was a little bit interested in what the white wolf had to say. He looked very muscular. That lead Lokith the wonder whether the muscle was gained before or after joining the pack. Trivial things, Lokith. Focus on the bigger picture! The golden wolf internally scolded himself. 

He merely nodded to Lyght, agreeing with Noctura.
17 Posts
Ooc —
Noctura didn't seem to get that Lyght wasn't about to give any information about his back round, so that question would be falsely answered. "Yes, I was. Left a place I used to call home a long time ago but now I'm here." The male said this with no tone to his voice. Like it wasn't truth or false. "What about you, Noctura, how exactly did you end up here?" Lyght stared the dark male in the eyes, as a warning, not a threat but more of a leave my past alone warning. If such warning even existed. The white wolf wasn't stupid enough to start a fight. The male could only hope Noctura would understand.
belonging to the night
175 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Astronomer
It was clearer than ever to the shadowy Gamma that he was walking with not one but two wolves who were being very adamant (albeit polite) about not letting slip a hint of their pasts. This was all very well, but it made for awkward conversation. I would answer, friend, but I think this conversation would become very one-sided, he admitted with a slight smile. In other words, there was no point in staying on a subject if only one of them was willing to say anything about it. Either of them was therefore very welcome to change the subject, or they could instead go their separate ways. Noctura was fine with either outcome, content in the knowledge that he'd mixed with his packmates a bit today. That counted for something.

Besides, their presence added an extra level to his current observation of the nature surrounding them. He could almost hear how soft the earth was beneath their pawprints — likely because this terrain was so close to the dampness beneath it.
Iota
18 Posts
Ooc — Aritsu
Lokith could feel the tension in the air. He did not want this conversation to end on something like this. If he and his packmates couldn't mingle without some sort of hostility, then what would that mean out on the battlefield. They all needed to trust each other if they were to thrive as one.

"So, how are you both finding the new territory?" He asked, knowing very well that this question could end up killing the conversation completely. It was still a bit of a sensitive subject, he'd heard.
17 Posts
Ooc —
Noctura said something that surprised Lyght, it was bold but it was what everyone was thinking. The white male didn't say anything, all he did was nod. No point in arguing, cause that would lead to a fight. Soon the honey wolf changed the subject, though that question just might have killed everything. "It is a place fit for kings." Lyght did think it was nice but definitely not fit for kings but an answer was an answer. Quite the bold thing to say Noctura, I guess your not the only one with guts, Lyght thought thinking back to Noctura's bold statement. It would seem Lyght hates Noctura but its quite the opposite, in fact Lyght has great respect for the wolf. Much respect.
belonging to the night
175 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Astronomer
Despite the fair manners between the three, and despite the fact that Noctura had smiled and called them "friend", there was indeed a bit of tension in the air. For he found it a bit wearying that all three were pushing the subject of personal history but not all were willing to contribute themselves. It was not possible to have a conversation with only listeners. Someone had to speak! Noctura was tempted to go back to his usual reclusive self, so awkward was this encounter, but he had to admire Lokith's persistence in keeping it going. Yes — I've never encountered a subterranean ecosystem like this one before. He paused in step and lowered his muzzle to observe one strange, tall plant, and wondered what it was called.
Iota
18 Posts
Ooc — Aritsu
"I've got to agree with you there, Noctura. Very strange, yet beautiful." Lokith turned his gaze from the black wolf and instead to the sky. He admired the clouds for a moment before continuing. "I didn't really spend much time in the old territory so to me it wasn't exactly a great loss. I can't imagine how Asterr must've felt..." He trailed off and finished with a sigh and a simple head shake.
17 Posts
Ooc —
Fade? Might have to for me, i'm ganna be gone for a bit. If you guys don't want to you can just skip me, and assume im staying quite or I just left. Either one :)

Lyght stayed quite and thought about everything around him, Noctura, Lokith, his new home, his original home, his mother, father, siblings, and finally himself. The male focused mainly on himself, questioning what he was doing here. He isn't going to leave, the mans just questioning himself and a little bit of everything else. Soon he went back to reality catching the last thing Lokith said. "Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose." Lyght lived by this quote, or at least tried to. How can you live without attachments? You cant.
belonging to the night
175 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Astronomer
Fading out~ Thank you both for the thread!

Although half-hoping that the conversation would change to the peculiar plantlife that thrived in this area, Noctura was content enough to speak of the broad nature of loss instead. He didn't have much to say on the matter, given that he didn't know this pair well enough to speak his heart, but he could contribute to the philosophising. And so the three men spoke a little more as they ventured onwards through their new home.