Redhawk Caldera Have you come here for forgiveness
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Her reply was more noncommittal than he had hoped, though Peregrine wasn't about to hold it against her. He would take whatever he could get, whatever she could afford to give him. All he could do was make himself available and let her do the rest. On that note, he had no doubts that they'd make it work somehow. They always did in the end, didn't they?

He let out a long sigh at her question. "Yeah, probably," he admitted, looking her in the face and just holding his sister's gaze for a few beats. "It was really great to see you today, Oss, and I'm so happy for you and your growing family. I'll be thinking of you a lot. One last hug and kiss? For the road?" he cajoled in the next breath, scooting closer and grabbing her tight, laughingly leaving slobbery kisses all over her cheek before reluctantly letting go.
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
"Do... you... give... me... a... choice..." Osprey managed to squeeze the six words inbetween the well-meant kisses, which - though aimed at her cheek - because of her moving, landed on her lips and nose too.

"Oh my god," Osprey sighed, when her brother let her go, shook her head and lifted one of the paws to rub some of the saliva away. Then gave him a frown just for the looks and smiled in the end. "Good health and well-being to your kids too," she said. "And I hope that we meet again in not too distant future." Though she realized that it might be months before they actually did.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Osprey pretended to be put out about his affections, though Peregrine knew she secretly enjoyed them, deep down. At least that's what he told himself. His tongue lolled from his mouth in a sort of boyish laugh, his dusky eyes twinkling as she said a few last words. His expression sobered slightly in the next moment, lips pressing together and curving into a sincere smile.

"Love you," was the last thing Peregrine said before he turned to go, easing his way up the caldera's flank and then pausing halfway up to take a seat and keep an eye on Osprey until she eventually vanished into the distance.
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
"Love you too," Osprey replied and turned to leave. It took all of her will-power not to stop and look back, because then she would be in the danger of breaking down and beginning to cry. Goodbyes were difficult enough and Peregrine didn't need to see her tears and feel in any way bad for being the reason for them. 

Only when she had put a distance so long as not to see him in the distance, did she stop to let the pain out and sob. When it felt right, she sighed and after telling herself - now we go home - she continued her road to Donnelaith.