Silvertip Mountain Leaving you scraping at the bottom of the barrel
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Niita yelp and turned around, though Steady inwardly was glad because it moved her closer to him. Phocion, however, either could not take a hint, or chose not to take the hint. Steady's eyes narrowed when he spoke of the pups. You haven't gone near the den, have you? he questioned. He had given explicit orders for the newcomers to stay away from the pups and the den, and if Phocion had disobeyed him, it would give Steady a good reason to put him in his place. He would have normally just verbally reprimanded him, but Steady was feeling possessive of Niita, and it was going to come out in one way or another.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

272 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
Feeling a stab of frustration as she remembered her earlier hunt, Niita shrugged a bit. "I just got back from hunting. It got away." The pale girl was still mad at herself, a raccoon would've been a good meal for the pups. 

Niita glanced up as Steady mentioned not going towards the den, reminded of the easy reprimand she had gotten for going too close. The petite she-wolf had made a point of digging a cache a good ways away from the clearing to put the prey in for the pups until Steady could get to it. 

Sensing a bit of tension, though she wasn't sure why, Niita's cerulean eyes flickered between both males.
Her heart was a secret garden and the walls were very high -- except for the one who held the keys to the gate. 
249 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
Phocion resisted a sigh as he answered, "I've kept my distance, Steady. Just seen them from afar." It was painfully clear the majority of the wolf's newfound bluster was merely territorial feelings towards the white she-wolf; Steady and he got along fine, otherwise. You are an incorrigible flirt, sir, he thought to himself wryly as he sidled up closer to the pair, giving Niita a kind look.

"You'll catch something next time," he said encouragingly. He looked back to Steady, eyes level. "You have a good mentor in Steady."

He started to step away, circling the pair and watching them from the side as he bade farewell. "I'll leave you two to your own devices." One blue eye winked. "Whatever those might be."

With a chuff of farewell, he took off into the trees, a white blur in the forest. He grinned to himself. You, my friend, are a pompous ass.

Phocion done fudgin stuff up here
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Out of the corner of his eye, he could see Niita looking between the two of them, but she stayed silent. His features relaxed a little when Phocion confirmed he'd stayed away, but had caught glimpses of the pups. It won't be this way forever, he assured them both. Just for right now. The pups were a little older now, and Steady knew they would be out and about more and wanting to socialize. And he couldn't deny the new members had been diligent in getting what food they could to the pups. 

Phocion departed with a wink that had Steady's eyes narrowing, but the dark male relaxed once more when he turned his gaze to Niita. As much as he wanted to stay and play with her, he knew he had taken enough time from his duties. I need to get back to my patrols, he said, giving her a smile. He didn't move to leave, however.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

272 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
Phocion was gone, not before leaving with a comment that made her skin crawl. He heard us. Niita could've died of embarrassment and anger. It wasn't any of Phocion's business, he should keep his nose where it belongs. 

She smiled at Steady, nodding. "Of course. I should go find something to do as well." This time she rubbed her head against his shoulder rather than chest, a sort of farewell. "See ya later, Steady." With a last smile, Niita padded off to find some way to make herself useful.

last from me, feel free to archive if you want.
Her heart was a secret garden and the walls were very high -- except for the one who held the keys to the gate.