The Heartwood Gangsters don't cry
sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
Aeronwyn was wandering again. She had slipped out of her pack's borders at dawn, and travelled at a steady lope west-ward. She considered checking in on that insolent girl she had bested a few days ago, perhaps 'visit' her wonderful family, but her paws had driven her this direction instead. They thudded softly on barren ground, through a thick forest. In full bloom, she imagined that it would be beautfilly thick and lush, but now, like everything else, it was dead. She slowed as the edge of a small pool, left over from the rain a day ago, she supposed. The water soothed her parched throat, she revelled in the coolness of it a moment, tongue slipping sideways to catch a wayward droplet, silver eyes reflecting off the water like twin moons. 
facilis descensus averno
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
So should this be a fight or a spar? If we do a fight, should we roll a dice to decide the winner? I don't mind anything so it's up to you!

Ezekiel trotted along, out for a nice hunt. He hadn't caught anything yet, a rabbit had recently eluded his grasp, but hopefully something would come along soon. The forest he was in now was strange, what little leaves on the trees had an ashy feel to them, and the entire wood smelled of past fire. He wondered what it had looked like before both the famine and the probable natural disaster. Bah, it didn't matter much, as long as there was prey on the woods, Ezekiel didn't mind how it smelled.

He caught onto a different scent however, not something edible but another wolf. He'd found that sometimes following wolf scents could lead to leftover prey, or at least someone to hunt with. While he generally disliked company, a nice quiet hunt was always nice, and he was more likely to catch something with another by his side. He soon found a ghost like figure making her way through the heartwood and he chuffed to get her attention. Of course he was cautious, large muscles flexed in case of an attack.
sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
fight or spar is up to you, dice roll sounds good

The phantom lifted her muzzle, regarding the approaching male silently. He was tensed, prepared, and she smiled. Good. He should be wary. "What do you seek?" She said evenly, no trace of aggression in her cool eyes. Yet.

sorry, mobile post!
facilis descensus averno
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
You're fine! I do about all my posts from mobile so I'm used to it but I know how hard it is at first xD As for whether or not it's a spar or a fight, we can just see how it plays out, but with Zeke's sassy mouth I wouldn't be surprised if it were a fight. Would you like to do a 1d2 roll, 1 being Aeronwyn and 2 Zeke or a full dice roll table thing?

Ezekiel watched the white female turn, her expression was blank, but her gaze was cool much like his. He thought about her question for a moment, but now that he met her was wasn't sure whether or not she could keep up with him. She seemed a bit... Frail. Bad mistake for Zeke. I was hoping for a hunt, but I don't think you'd be able to help much. Besides I don't need help from some other packs wolf. The big idiot smirked, sometimes when he was hungry he got more rude than usual, and being mean just made him happier. Luckily none of his pack had met mean Zeke yet, except maybe Anita. She would meet him soon.
sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
Aeronwyn's eyes narrowed, and a flicker of anger passed over her face. It was rare, that she displayed emotion, but this male had touched a nerve. She pulled her face into a mask of cold indifference. She slowly faced him, matching his gaze with her cold steel one. "True. I do not hunt the mice you do, I hunt wolves. And rarely, rarely do I fail" she took a single step in his direction "Go home, mongrel" she said evenly, the warning evident in her tone. 

1d2 sound good!
facilis descensus averno
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Shoot I have the worst luck with rolls xD Aeronwyn is gonna win this one! I'm fine with Zeke getting a small injury but nothing life threatening please :)

Ezekiel didn't really know what he'd said wrong, but he'd done it. The female shot back it him with malice in her tone and spoke of how she hunted wolves. What the hell?. A Snarl rose up in his throat when she took a step towards him. This isn't your territory, you piss off! He growled, tensing up more an preparing for a fight. He wasn't one to underestimate, in fact he realized he had a disadvantage. His hunger had grown more than he'd expected an zapped a lot of his energy. If it did come to a full out fight, he might have to retreat, but if she attack he was ready.
sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
Sounds good! I reclaimed my keyboard- this post will be better :D

"My territory is where ever I want it to be." she hissed softly, taking a step toward the male. Her keen eyes scanned him quickly, not seeing any obvious signs of weakness. Oh well, she would have to do this the hard way, she supposed. Her back legs tensed for the launch, analyzing, weighing options. Surprise, she thought, would be the best tactic in this attack. Aeronwyn begun to speak again. "I suggest, unless you are actively-" she stopped abruptly, launching herself in an arc of fang and claw at the male's face. Directly at his muzzle. She would either hope to grab that, or hoping he would twist away, grab whatever she could- be it neck, scruff, shoulder, or whatever presented itself to her thirsting fangs.
facilis descensus averno
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Ezekiel wasn't listening to her anymore. When he saw the way she scanned him up and down he knew he was in for a fight. But he wasn't expecting her to interrupt herself to attack. That was exactly what she did, entire body flung towards his face. She almost reached her target, but Ezekiel pulled away. He was sure he had time to get away, but sharp fangs dug into his scruff. He felt her teeth penetrate his thick skin, she was stronger and much faster than he'd assume. He was too rusty, he's supposedly given up fighting and here he was in another battle. 

Anger flushed through him and he whipped his head around in an attempt to head butt her. If successful he would flip her off and pin her instead. What he didn't know was that this female played dirty.
sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
Success, her teeth met his scruff, and she clamped down her grip. Before she could, however, clamp down tightly, his head twisted suddenly, loosening her grip. Knowing that now she would be hard pressed to keep ahold of his scruff, she went through the motions and allowed him to tackle her down. But as soon as her back hit the ground, she aimed all four legs at his underside and kicked straight up, claws searching for flesh. At the same moment, she tried to squirm out from underneath him, shoulder aching in protest from where her fall had opened an older wound.
facilis descensus averno
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Ezekiel had her for only a moment before a flash of ivory limbs and he was flung off. Breath gone. Shorter. Choppier. Harder. To think. Zeke's vision began to short circuit, he saw weird pulsating color and in what seemed like a year within a second it was gone. Blood dropped from the back of his neck where she'd latched onto his scruff and in a few wounds she'd opened with her claws when kicking him. He could still move though and adrenaline had kicked in to spur him on. Fight, win, don't let her win.

He began to circle her, breath heavy, he look rather pitiful. The Manchester boy kept his teeth barred and waited to see what Aeronwyn's next move would be. His instinct told him not to instigate another attack right away. Instead he'd try to use her attack against her.
sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
She recovered her feet rather quickly, though her shoulder screamed as the newly opened wound begun to bleed. Well. That would definitely scar now. He circled her, and she begun to move with him, always presenting her front side. She chuckled, a short sound that punctuated her laboured breathing. She did not speak, taking a moment to rest her breath as she circled. But she knew that every moment she rested, he too was gaining breath. So she attacked quickly, lunging forward and aiming for his upper right leg as she had with Damien. She would drive this mongrel off, send him home with his tail between his legs.
facilis descensus averno
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Ezekiel had barely regained all of his breath when she struck again. Like a snake, the girl was fast and persistent. She headed for his leg, and still recovering from the kick, his evasion wasn't fast enough to work. She grabbed onto his front leg and his knee buckled from under him. He fell to the ground, front legs bent at the knees, back legs still standing upright. She had him down, and he made an attempt to roll over onto her, but it was weaker than expected. Could he die here? What if she managed to kill him? He was trapped in this position, but that only made him want to fight harder. He pushed up his front legs, attempting to hit her with his own head from underneath.
sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
He bent beneath her, crumpled, and Aeronwyn wanted to end this. She wanted his submission, his begging, not his death. He may be arrogant and rude, but did not deserve to die, yet. She growled through his fur, slightly muffled but still audible, a singe command. 
"Submit"
She released his leg and darted for his scruff, planning to hold him should she be given the chance, but his head, in an attempt to head-but her, hit her shoulder with a dull thud. She snarled, as pain blossomed, but continued to try and grab his scruff. Her shoulder would be out of use for a few days, thanks to the stupid oaf.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Submit. One word and she'd consumed his thoughts. His music d flashed back to the bluff. Flashed back to killing, to fighting blindly and following orders. Submit was an order he'd given before, and those who hadn't complied to the soldier were killed. Now he himself had promised never to submit again, but he had no choice. He had honor and would protect it, but he wouldn't die for it. I submit. Please, let me go. He growled through gritted teeth when she grabbed his scruff for a better hold. He looked rather pitiful like this, pressed to the ground, fear in his wide eyes. He'd only felt helplessness like this a few other times, and he hated it.
sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
She growled through his scruff, and then he submit. His begging, his submission, brought a grin to her face. She released after a tense moment, stepping back and regarding him serenely, laughter in her eyes. She said nothing, simply gazed at him a moment before turning and slipping away, limping in the slightest though trying her best not to show it. A smile danced on her muzzle, for she had emerged victorious, and that was all she needed. She did not look back at the grey male, but laughed, loudly, once she was out of sight.
Fade here? Thanks for the thread!
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
And then she released, her silver eyes bored into him and screamed 'shame on you Zeke, you failure.' He waited until she moved away to stand. His pale eyes returned to their normal angry scowl, and they dripped with hatred. The next time he met this girl, she would be the one begging. And even if she did, there was the question of whether or not he'd feel kind enough to free her. She had let him go to let him live with the humility. But Zeke didn't care about that. He'd rather see a dead enemy than a broken one.

He watched the wraith walk away, a faint limp in her step. He sneered, knowing that though he'd been the one to submit, he'd landed some harsh blows. Then again so had she. When she was out of sight and mind, he turned in an attempt to see the wound on his nape. He couldn't of course turn his head all the way around to get a look, so his snarled in frustration. His scruff would burn and ooze, but hopefully not get infected. His stomach felt like one large bruise, and lying down would be more trouble and it was worth. But he was alive. So he turned and headed back towards his pack. Her laughter in the distance only made him angrier.

Thanks for the thread! It was lots of fun!