Golden Glade Up in the Clouds
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Aspen rose from where she lay in the rather empty den. Alder had dissapeared and Aspen was worried about him though she knew it was probably her fault. Aspen stretched and made her way through the tunnels. She had had a lot on her mind lately with the news of her puppies being shared with Alder but also finding out about what happened with him and Heartha. She wasn't angry with Alder, nor did it change how she felt, she was just....disappointed.

It was a lot for the queen to process but today she found herself in a pretty good mood and had decided to venture out into the fresh air. She picked up her pace into a trot not a full fledged run because she knew she would tire easily. She ventured around the territory scoping out some places she hadn't completely checked out yet. She ventured west from the entrance of the tunnels pushing her way through thicker patches of bushes and other plants only to find it opened into a small clearing that hid a pond. How had she not seen this before? Perhaps because it was so secluded that it was hard to find, or she had never thought to look. 

The pond was not overly large in size and it was of an odd shape. She padded close to the waters edge, this was the only significant body of water in their territory that she was aware of that wasn't a puddle or a small creek. It was not easily accesible but it certainly was a nice place once you got past the bushes. It was peacful and relaxing, but then again. The silver fae had always had a thing for being by water. She lay down by the waters edge took a few sips before resting her head on her paws and letting her mind wander where it may.
All welcome :3 Whoever wants to find her be my guest. Forward dated to September 2nd
~ Until you're broken, you don't know what you're made of. It gives you the ability to build yourself all over again, but stronger than ever. ~
353 Posts
Ooc —
Heartha went out for a stroll, to hide herself. Her cheeks wet from tears. She knew what this sick feeling meant. She had felt it before, and knew many others that experienced it. Pregnancy. Replaying that word in her word made her feel sick. And this time not from the pups forming inside, but from pure guilt. She did not know that Aspen knew of her and Alder's affair.

So when she came upon Aspen's scent, she froze. Was she close? And how close? Fear overtook her. For herself and the pups in her womb. Heartha lowered herself to the ground, quietly sobbing to herself.
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Aspen's ears twitched as the sounds of quiet sobs could be heard through the bushes. The queen lifted her head and took in a sharp breathe. MIxed with the scents of the lake and the trees surrounding was Heartha. Aspen let out a long sigh and pondered for a moment whether to find out what was wrong or hope the wolf didn't find her. 

She let her conscience get the better off her as she lifted herself from by the water and pushed her way back through the bushes only to find Heartha low to the ground just crying. Aspen found herself going soft, she was no longer quick to anger with members of her pack and she didn't really feel any anger towards the fae that had mated with Alder not so long after she had.

Aspen nosed at the female giving the girl a gentle nudge. "Heartha.." she said still concerned for the females well being despite everything that had happened. "What's wrong?"
~ Until you're broken, you don't know what you're made of. It gives you the ability to build yourself all over again, but stronger than ever. ~
353 Posts
Ooc —
Heartha didn't see her coming until her Queen was right in front of her. Heartha dared herself to gaze up fearfully. It all came out in one big wave. "Aspen, I'm sorry! I never should have let him!" She buried her face in Aspen's neck fur, crying and begging for forgiveness. She no longer cared that Aklder told her not to tell anyone. It was all too much.
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Aspen was surprised when Heartha met her gaze with not one of sadness, but of fear. Aspen quickly realized that she probably thought the Queen would be angry with her for the whole situation with her mate yet, the silver fae remained calm and collected. 

Aspen leaned into the fae as if to try and comfort the female, though she was not sure she should be. Aspen sighed softly and mustered up enough energy to speak. "I....Heartha, we all make mistakes, even I myself have made them, and in the heat of the moment, I don't think either you nor him, could have changed it," she stated speaking the words that came to her mind, because she could not think straight as of late.

Her mood was not as good as when she first woke up but she knew that the moods would come and go. All part of being pregnant, and emotionally distraught. Between the pups and finding out about Alders thing with Heartha, Aspen did not know quite what to do with herself these days.

It didn't help Alder had dissapeared shortly after having told Aspen so the queen was spending time worrying about his where abouts and health as any mate would do. Despite everything that happened she still loved him and was proud to be bearing his children, she wouldn't have changed it for the world. She just needed some time, to grasp everything.
353 Posts
Ooc —
Heartha removed her face from Aspen's fur, confused yet glad. "You...aren't angry?" Heartha couldn't help but smile. Aspen was a great friend, a friend she felt she did not deserve. Such forgiveness for what she did. But she had to share the news. It was the right thing to do.

"Aspen, I...I think I'm pregnant." Just saying that shocked her. Her ears wilted and she turned her face away in shame. "With his children."
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Aspen's gaze rested on the wolf that was now sat in front of her. Confused that the queen was not more angry. "To be quite frank, I don't know what I am lately, my hormones are everywhere lately, sometimes I'm angry, or I cry, or I end up rather emotionless," she stated bluntly. "I don't quite know what to do with the information I recieved."

Aspen's ears twitched as the fae added to the pile of stuff Aspen had to deal with lately by saying that she thought she was pregnant....with Alders...puppies. Aspen took a deep breathe before speaking. "Oh...isn't it....too early to tell? It's only been...two weeks, but then again, you managed to figure out I was pregnant, before I admitted it to myself," she stated her tone still emotionless. She couldn't believe her ears, but at the same time, why was she surprised. Any wolf that mates during heat is almost guarenteed to end up bearing puppies.
353 Posts
Ooc —
"Oh. I understand." She did, knowing how hormones were. And very soon, she would be the very same. Angry, sad, hungry, all of the above and more. Already she was having thoughts about fresh rabbit with some deer. And oddly enough, berries. 

Heartha let out a low whine. "The sick feeling you had. I've got it too..." She let it sink in, in both Aspen's head and her own. "It's hard to take in. I don't know what to do anymore. I mean, I'm supposed to look after your pups! How can I look after yours and my own?" She couldn't help but feel angry at herself now.
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Aspen listened as the fae stated she had been sick in the same way that Aspen had not so long ago. "Oh..." was all the queen could muster in the moment. The tables turned though when Heartha began to get angry with herself. Explaining she was meant to be helping Aspen with her pups. Now she had her own to deal with as well. 

Aspen gazed off into the distance. "Perhaps we are meant to learn something from all this, I may not believe in a god, but I believe that everything happens for a reason, it just means, we are going to have to work twice as hard to get where we want to be..." she said shifting her eyes back to Heartha.

"I will figure this out as much as I can on my own, I will still need you there for the medical side of things, but I think I've got looking after them covered. I mean how hard can it be right?" she said trying to lighten the mood with a joke.
353 Posts
Ooc —
Aspen was right. There was some kind of lesson out of this. One she wasn't seeing just yet. But to get through this, they would have to work together. "You're right. We will have to work harder. But I promise you, I will do my best to be the best den mother you've ever had" Heartha promised, a big smile on her wet teary face.

Then Heartha couldn't help but give a mock glare at her joke. "You just jinxed us, you know?" She held that glare at Aspen, trying not to break her composure into laughter.
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Aspen nodded in agreement as Heartha stated that she was right and they would just have to work together. "Exactly, and I have no doubt you will be a great mother even with my pups in the mix too. Like a wise woman once told me, you should be happy about this. It is alright to feel guilty, but we can't change what has happened. We can only push through it and learn something from it," the queen stated quoting a piece from the last discussion the two females had had when Aspen was doubting her ability to mother children and in denial she was even pregnant.

Aspen smiled and let out another chuckle as Heartha stated that she had probably just jinxed them both. "You know, knowing my luck, you're right," Aspen said rolling her eyes and reflecting on the past weeks events. Considering just last week everything that could go wrong, did go wrong, all at the same time. She would not be surprised if she pushed her luck in saying how hard could it be to mother pups.
353 Posts
Ooc —
Heartha listened, and she recognised that advice. "Wise? Well, I wouldn't say wise, maybe smart. But wise is a bit of an overstatement...But thanks." She had never been so sheepish before. "You are a great friend, Aspen. I am proud to call you my alpha." For there was none other she could think of that could better such mercy.

It seemed they both had poor luck recently. "Yeah..." There was a silent pause before an idea came to mind. "Where is Alder? I think he deserves to know." Maybe a bit more than that was what he deserved.
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Aspen chuckled lightly as Heartha denied being wise. Claiming she was smart but not wise. "Well  I think it was wise advice Heartha," she stated proudly. Then smiled wide when Heartha stated the queen was a good friend and that she was proud to call her her alpha. "I am proud to call you my friend Heartha and thankful for having such loyal wolves following Alder and I in our endeavors to create the pack we want ourkids to grow up in," she said warmly. 

Her smile faded though when Heartha mentioned Alder. Asking where he was and stating that he deserved to know. "Alder....hes...not around.." Aspen said pausing between words. "He hasn't been...since I found out about you and him...and bolted," she admitted her ears pinned ever so slightly. She felt guilty about bolting because she figured perhaps i she hadnt, maybe he would still be here..
353 Posts
Ooc —
Heartha's tail started to wag at how Aspen commended her and the rest of the pack. She felt a little pride in that. Though it stopped whne Aspen told her about Alder. "Gone? But, Alder can't be gone. We havr to look for him!" She couldn't believe he was gone. He was their King, and the father of both litters. Surely he would come back.
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Aspen shook her head. "We can't, his scent is stale, it rained, we would have no idea where to start. He will come back. He knows about my children, he wouldn't miss that for the world...he would never just....abandon me....them....us..." she said trailing off. At least she hoped he would be back.

Alder had to come back he just had to. She couldn't do this without him. The kids...hers and Heartha's, they needed their father. "We can only hope Heartha..."
353 Posts
Ooc —
"Yeah. He will be back." Heartha stretched out her body and laid down before her alpha. She felt a bit tired, and this seemed liek a good spot for a quick rest. She gestured with a paw and patted at her side. "Want to join me for a rest?"
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Aspen analyzed the situation for a moment consindering the females offer for a nap. It was only then that the Queen realized how tired she was, all this sulking and the pups must bedoing a number on her. 

Aspen gave Heartha a curt not before she too stretched and lay down, resting her head gently on her paws and letting out a long sigh.

Fade with your post? Or you can archive up to you.
353 Posts
Ooc —
Heartha rested her own head on her paws, eyes watching Aspen. She kept them on her until her eyes drifted close into a calm embrace of the darkness of sleep. And there, she dreamt of the pups that waited in her stomach, envisioning what she thought they would look like, playing with their father.