Blackfoot Forest This was invitation enough.
338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
All Welcome 
set for the 11th. (: made a bit early since i'll be leaving the 10th for about a week... labeled all welcome! but Aaron is seeking @Kierkegaard , but his howl should be loud enough for the whole pack to hear! @Amara @Liri @Minna @Leto @Pallas Stormthorn @Samuel @Aveline @Lilith

Along the back of his neck was a scar that had damaged his pride in ways that no one ever had. More harmful was it than the disappearance of his beautiful sister, and for all those months the rejection of Amara. He had taken care of his wound and laid low, refusing to address his new king or any of his new gathering-- refusing to show himself anywhere other than in front of his beloved Amara or his faithful followers. He had been useless, even when the pack was ready to strike back, he had told them no-- he could not help.

He now stood along the border, the same place he'd been attacked by the ghostly man, and let loose a loud howl. It was clear his intentions. This is my forest, I want you gone.
The Unknown Strength
105 Posts
Ooc — H2O
ooc: Just gonna do a quickie post with him arriving an' all c:

Aaron's howl awoke Samuel from a dreamless sleep, causing the mountain man to pick himself up to his paws. His eyes groggily opened as he stood, then adjusted to the new light from the bright sun. Yawning, Samuel decided to go and check everything out. Aaron's call was loud and clear, he was going to take back his spot of being alpha.

Samuel was surprised that Aaron didn't reclaim his thrown sooner, but he didn't know what damage was done physically and mentally to the leader. With that in mind, the bed-headed man went close to the borders and saw the light-pelted man. He chuffed to him loudly, nodding his head to show that he was glad and proud to know Aaron was doing what needed to be done. He then sunk back to the shadows, knowing this was not his fight. Unless the rest of the pack came to fight, he would remain pacifistic.
[Image: giphy.gif]
96 Posts
Ooc —
Leto rose from his den in the night, a sly grin overtaking his features. After so long preparing for this, the warrior was excited. He didn't know Aaron on a personal level but Liri's support was enough for him, as he approached Leto could see it was only Samuel and Aaron whom had gathered so far.

Stopping beside the group, Leto nodded respectfully and waited to see what would happen. Whether the the duo of imposters would step down and flee or stay and try to defend their claim was unpreditable. Hopefully if it came to blows, Leto could help to defend Rosings.
Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same thing.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
can I just say how excited I am for this? :3

The call woke her, head jerking up almost comically in time to hear the message of it that brought her to her feet. Nudging her husband awake, Liri had stalked from the den with the stealth she had been renowned for as a child. Their plan was finally coming to fruition.

Her sneaking was proved unnecessary as they arrived only to see Aaron alone. Unable to smile as she usually would, Liri settled for a submissive stance and a polite nod in Aaron's direction. Settling by her mate's side, Liri scanned the tree line anxiously.

The healer feared that for some reason their other rebellious members wouldn't turn up, that or they would have switched sides so easily. A slight bit of relief filled her as her brother appeared, relaxing slightly. Ready and willing to fight the usurpers once more, Liri steeled herself in case the confrontation came to a physical altercation.
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

ʜᴇʟʟғɪʀᴇ
245 Posts
Ooc —
I may have gotten a tad excited
Her eyes gleamed from the den, she couldn't sleep. The gentle sloshing of the river calmed her, kept her from perhaps going to see Leto. She hadn't seen the charming arctic male in quite a while, only when they sparred by the caves. Thinking of him led to her thinking of herself, and her place in the pack. She had been here for...a month, now. No, longer than that. She'd been here quite a while, only Liri and her mate, Aaron and Amara had been here longer. 

Her thoughts turned to Aaron then, and she wondered how he was fairing. He was a good leader, fair and kind to his subjects. But there were things, things that bothered the girl still. His attitude towards Lilith that day, that thoughtless lunge. His own thoughts, some of his beliefs, she thought were not quite hers. But she did not question him, abolish his leadership, for her loyalty was strong. 

But she had changed, from the nervous, flighty creature she had been to now. It had been Aaron, his leadership, the pack, that lent her her new boldness, from Leto too, and her love for him. She, of course, was not without her weaknesses still, but pack life had made her a different person, a stronger person. 

A howl. That was snapped her from her whirling thoughts, made her perk her ears and rise. It was Aaron. A call...a call to Kierkegaard. That he owned these woods, and no one else would be allowed to take them, not anymore. Instantly, she felt whatever sleep in her head evaporate, feeling alert and ready. Who knew what course this would take; whatever happened, she knew she would support Aaron. Also, she would chase out meatshield, that ignorant, pathetic excuse for a wolf, let her go wherever Kierkegaard went, follow him like the stupid slab of meat she was. Perhaps Minna felt a rather large grudge against her.

And so she darted out of her den, her tiny size making it easy to slip through the trees, her pelt, though pale, was nowhere as light as Liri's or Leto's, and she would be able to sneak towards the call with ease. However, she encountered no one and made it to the little group without incident. She approached Aaron, padding softly to his side and bowing her head in greeting and respect. "Alpha."
For in her mind, he already was, for there was no way Kierkegaard could withstand their combined fangs and claws. With that, she spun on her heel and pad softly to Leto's side, not really caring anymore. So what if Aaron saw them together? She wanted the company of the one she loved, and should anyone deny her that...

She brushed against his pelt, wordlessly, then made to stand a short distance from him, glancing at him from the corner of her eye with an encouraging look, a small smile touched her maw. Her nerves hummed, she found herself excited for what was to come.
"Avalin"
35 Posts
Ooc — Amelia
So excited for this to happen! I've been away for a while -- hope this wasn't too late! <3

The large black woman swayed her tail as she patrolled the borders once again. It was something she'd done for a long time now. It was just something that kept her mind off of the crazy things that were going on in her pack.. Her home. She didn't understand. Why did the new alpha barge in and take Aaron's spot? Greed? To spite him? To get to Amara? The thought angered her, but also made her confused. Yes, he had come in and taken the throne for no apparent reason and had caused an uproar among the ranks, but he did win the fight fair and square. However, everyone else around her seemed to hate the new alpha and stay loyal to Aaron. Did it make her unloyal to stay neutral? 

The howl that for her audits just increased her worries, tying a tighter knot in her stomach. Should she ignore it? Or follow it? She eventually made up her mind and steered her large paws in the direction of Aaron's howl. Her tail tip twitched with anxiety as she continued to carry on. She reached the scene with tight muscles and an upset stomach. She had no idea why she was so upset about these matters, but she stayed quiet for now. Liri, Leto, Minna and a wolf she didn't know were there already. She padded closer to Minna, and plonked her bottom down, her immense black frame sticking out like a soar thumb. She offered no words or greetings, just a silent dip of her head to all the wolves at the meeting to be respectful.
battle without honor or humanity
140 Posts
Ooc —
She knew the time had come when the howl roused the birds of the woods, sending them fluttering skyward into the azul oblivion above. Pallas traced their ascent with a somewhat reclusive gaze, studying their flight pattern, the direction in which they departed and the large swath of space in which they avoided. She was not so stupid as to rush to intercept this meeting -- she knew one set of teeth against many was a fool's errand.

Instead she casually scouted the area, swinging wide of the small congregation. It caused her great amusement that the unfit ex-alpha wished to reclaim what had rightfully been taken from him -- what bemused her even more was the smattering of supporters who seemed perfectly content with a weak alpha leading them. If he could not protect his right to alphaship, what use was he protecting their realm? To make matters more laughable, it seemed they were willing to fight Aaron's fight for him -- if he could not enforce his domination without the aide of his packmates, did that truly make him worthy of leadership? To Pallas, that was even more ridiculous than anything. Pallas would study them and their words, eavesdropping if she could -- all while remaining out of their sight. It was possible they would scent her, but let them -- Pallas had never been one to hide or shirk from altercation. She would wait for Kierkegaard's command, and relished the potential of bloodletting that was about to unfold.
winter ghost
330 Posts
Ooc — Mary
Thanks for having me, you guys! <33 I'm gonna keep this to a single post since having him linger is very out of character and pretty silly haha. You guys are great, though!! (:
The call sounded overhead, though it did not seem to ruffle the great brute. His lengthy ears drew forward and he turned his skull in the direction of the summons. The lowly omega would be attempting to reclaim his thrown. Kierkegaard had known this day would come; the wolves of the forest did not care for him, and he did not believe that they would have allowed him to rule much longer in light of how soft and sweet their intentions had been before his arrival. They were not his kind; they did not know what it meant to survive and endure, and so the ghost wanted very little to do with any of them. The Sairensu male knew that the call would need answering, but he took his time in approaching the gathering of wolves. Rosings was full of creatures who could only find courage in numbers, and for this he was disgusted. The ghost could have taken hold of any other pack, but he had made a poor decision in the forest.

Picking his way through the tangle of trees and foliage, the pallid male followed the scent trail of Pallas. She was the only one he cared for in the ranks, and he would be certain that none of the natives would touch a hair on her hide. Once his smoldering gaze caught sight of the notched fur, he slowed beside her and drew himself next to the woman. “I will not have you die here. Not by the hands of these wolves,” he growled softly into her ear. When he spoke of the wolves of Rosings, it was not out of kindness, and the taste of them caused him to spat. “If you wish to still remain as a warrior of mine, leave these lands and I will find you by the lake.” Nothing more could be said to the female who had acted as his sword and shield for most of his time in the pack. She had done her task well, and if she made her choice to leave him, he would sorely miss her company.

Fixing his gaze on the gathering, the ghost stepped forward and fixed his vision on the wolf he had usurped. The madness had left his vision and his fur was ragged but not from the insanity of starvation. With a calm voice, the brute lifted his skull upward and eyed Aaron carefully. The other wolves did not perturb him in the slightest; they were nothing; they were like walking through air. He regarded the former alpha with a quirked brow and his lips twitched slightly. “You want your home back. I understand this. I will not fight you for it…” the ghostly brute rumbled in a tired baritone. He did not have the same passion for the woods as the man before him, and so he did not want to trouble himself with a battle of wits or limbs.

“I do not belong here, among these wolves,” the ghost gestured with his inky nose toward the surrounding beasts who had come to defend the man they believed had a greater authority over them. He would not attempt to persuade them that he was more fit to lead them; that he could bring them to a place of fury that most animals did not know. Instead, he flicked his tail upward and noted that Amara was not present. Recalling their tangle in the woods, he wondered what surprise would be found when the woman discovered that she was carrying one of his own. “You may not find yourself rid of me so easily, though,” he warned in reference to the alpha female. This was all he would give; the odds were not so greatly in his favor, but the brute knew that something was stirring in the wood. His blood had touched that land and would leave their home tainted for some time. To fight would only shred them more; it was time for him to step down.

Turning his back to the man before him, Kierkegaard did little to regard him as rightful alpha of the woods, but such was his nature. He was a savage and a brute; feral to the point of fault, but he was not a foolish creature. “The woods are your own again,” he growled softly. Without regarding the others who had lingered there as either support or arms warriors, he pushed his hind legs and forced himself into a steady lope from the pack. The woods would no longer be his home; he was a vagabond once more.
old enough to know i'll end up dying, not young enough to forget again
19 Posts
Ooc — Laur
She arrived after the others, slinking inconspicuously behind the group like a pale shadow, eyes gleaming, watching the scene unfold. Aaron, the lowly male who had once been the alpha stood amongst them, his call had been a challenge to his usurper. Lilith couldn't bring herself to care if the man reclaimed his rank or not — if blood was split, she would be happy. He and his twisted views sickened her. Her eyes jumped from member to member of the Rosings pack, resting on Minna for a second longer before finally she sought out the form of Kierkegaard.

She had no particular loyalty to any of these wolves, though this ragged beast she was rather fond of. At least, if only by comparison to the other dethroned alpha. She watched him brush past an equally feral-looking woman with a hushed growl before facing the group. Lilith's narrowed gaze lingered on the unknown female for a moment, certain she was one of the man's few followers. Her attention then turned to the wolf who had been summoned.

His tired voice cut through the silence of the assembled wolves and the girl's ears fell partway in disappointment. Such cowardice! Not even a hint of a reluctance. She had been excited for the fight that she was sure would leave both males in a state but...no matter. He turned and left, giving up his title almost as quick as he had claimed it. Lilith glanced once at Aaron to gauge his reaction, a plan of her own forming quickly in her mind. The unrest that had consumed the forest had washed over them quite quickly and who knew what would unfold after this. The girl wasn't sure she wanted to be a part of it.
338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
The man stands and listens, his ears giving a single flick as Keirkegaard mentions that he will not be rid of so easily. He doesn't understand what it means, and questions it, but only assumes that this means he will return with evil intent. When the ghost leaves, he lets out another howl, a sign that he wants the other stranger gone, and that the forest is his once more.

-- short post from mobile!! Everyone can have one more post and then I will post again and end it if that's ok?--
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
figured I was supposed to reply next since Samuel has become a PPC but I can delete if that's wrong.

Kierkegaard surrenders easily, surprising Liri and almost feeling slightly disappointed that their preparation has gone to waste. It passes quickly, relief that her pack will not face possible bloodshed taking its place. Her tail raises and she stands at her tallest attention, feeling dominant and victorious. 

His words cause her eyes to narrow in suspicion, taking notice for the first time that Amara is not present. A niggling seed of doubt is planted in her mind that perhaps not is all as it seems. Liri has no idea what it means, yet the suspicion towards her Alpha will not fade.

Liri feels the triumph and adrenaline in her veins, tipping her head back to howl with Rosings in a proud howl.
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

96 Posts
Ooc —
Leto grinned wider as Minna appeared, if that was possible, more than friendliness in his gaze as she brushed against him. The pale man took up a spot near her, ready to defend her if the need be. 

It was not needed, as Kierkegaard gave up his kingdom just as easily as he seemed to have gained it. It had never been a question of loyalty to his Alphas that led Leto to choose Aaron. It had been loyalty to Minna and his sister that led him to be part of the renegade group. He thought nothing of Kierkegaard's words, Leto just assumed that meant he would be back as Aaron did.

Leto howled with his pack, slight relief in his voice that no one would have to spill blood on this night.
Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same thing.