Golden Glade If You Can Dodge A Wrench, You Can Dodge A Ball
353 Posts
Ooc —
Heartha was a bit angry. At herself. When everyone fought that bear, she had stood there and done nothing. It had almost cost Ayla her life. Sure, she had dragged the injured wolf to safety. But the others? Almost everyone had an injury. What she needed to do was be tougher, for the pack. She made that a priority. But first, she needed a trainer. And she didn't know who would be best. Ayla was injured, as were both alphas. Who could train her? She started to doubt her intial plan after thinking this, her head hanging low to the ground and her tail low.
King
"Bad boys aint no good, but good boys aint no fun."
372 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
If we can set this today, Charley would be glad to snatch another counselor thread here ;) Plus getting Heartha towards her 50 posts

It was only the second time Charley had been out of the tunnels since the bear, but today he was confident to come out and venture around his land again. There were places to be explored and subjects to bond with, and today the King was in high spirits. Despite the fact that he could hear half as well on his right side and couldn't see on that side either, he ruled a kingdom, beside a beautiful queen and many loyal followers. The famine was over, and for once when a squirrel darted across his path, he did not lunge or give chase. 
He walked a little while before the familiar scent of Heartha tickled his nose, and with a grin upon his face he broke the undergrowth and whoofed towards the denmother.
353 Posts
Ooc —
Ok. fast forwarded to today

Heartha stopped to address her alpha that came to her. She dipped her head in respect, turning her full body to him. "How are you?" She was not one for knowing much medicine, only very low basics on the list of herbs, and vaguely knew how infected wounds were like. She tried her hand at observing him. "Do you feel lots of pain where you were hurt?"
King
372 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Charley was swift to pick up the woman's foul mood, and with a frown and a tip of his head Charley addressed it. The questions about himself could be answered later.    
                 "Are you alright, Heartha? You look a little down?"
His good ear flicked, and the King decided he couldn't just ignore her requests. Dipping his head so she could see it better, he gave a shrug.
                                "I've been better, for sure. But yeah, it hurts like hell. Can't see for shit out of it anymore, and the hearing in my ear is harder to pick up. But I'm alive to rule another day, and that's what counts."
353 Posts
Ooc —
She went on to address how he was doing first. Heartha didn't put herself first, and felt that she could talk about that after. He already seemed to be having a hard time with things. "Can't see? Is it that bad?" she asked, a worried tone. An ear flicked irritantingly as a fly buzzed by.

"I'm..I'm angry at myself. I could have fought that bear. But I froze. I wish I could have done something. Ayla might not be so injured, you might be able to see like normal, I-" Her words caught in the back of her throat. She bowed her head down, seeking apology. "I am sorry for not doing more."
King
372 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Again she pushed him to the head of the conversation, but he didn't fight it. Heartha seemed really worried, and he gave her a soft smile to calm her nerves. If he couldn't see, that had to mean his actual eyeball had been damaged, and much as he wished to see it and wanted to know what he looked like now, the stoic warrior couldn't make himself even open the eye let alone look at it. 
                   "I guess, I haven't seen it myself but if I can't see I can't imagine I'd want anyone else to look at the mess it is."
She went on to say she was angry at herself, bowing her head and apologizing. 
Yes, she'd frozen, she'd been unable to fight, but in Charleys eye she'd done everything she could. After all, she'd dragged Ayla all the way into the tunnels alone. A short, silent moment past, but eventually the Pryor, caught in a moment of rare affection for someone other than his mate, swung his head her way. Careful to turn as to not touch his wounds, he presed the side of his face into her chest and rubbed it along her shoulder.
                                           "Heartha, not everyone has the skills of battle. You're no warrior, and I don't expect you to be. You're just as important to the Court, but in a much different way. You take care of us. Have you thought about becoming a medic, maybe? You wouldn't have to fight, your job in the battles would be to mend and heal." 
353 Posts
Ooc —
The shewolf knew what he meant. He must have not wanted anyone to worry too much. She could only imagine what damage lay behind those eyelids of his. Although she was curious. She could not have her alpha looking so weak against any enemies they have. What good would that do for them?

Heartha accepted the affectionate touch, as well as the words accompanying the touch. "Yes...I can help the wounded. I will train myself in healing others then. Might help if any pups I am charged with caring for end up tripping off a rock, or hurting themselves" she said, having a little chuckle at the fact. It would be the best course of action. "Thank you...That means a lot."
King
372 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Heartha accepted both his touch and his suggestion with ease, and her words especially those last ones made him light up with happiness that he was able to help a friend and packmate. If she really wanted to do this, the pack had found not only its den mother but its medic too. 
                    "I don't really know anything about healing much, but maybe collectively everyone knows something? You're more than welcome to practice on me and scout around the territory for information."
Perhaps she could find another healer in the neutral grounds around them, or figure things out alone. The ragged wolf knew she'd come home. It did, however, bring up thoughts about that. 
                                      "Nobody is to know of us though, nothing more than we are here and we are staying. Unless they plan on joining, not a detail is to escape."
353 Posts
Ooc —
She nodded. Heartha could go looking, or practice. But two problems arised. One; if she did go out, she would not go alone. Being laone had done a number on her. And two; practicing on him could either make things better or worse. It was a 50/50 chance. She stuck with the easier one, if anyone was willing. Which she would ask around about.

"I will go out. I don't want to risk injuring you further. But I might bring someone along. It's never safe alone out there" she stated. Someone who knows how to fight. But also someone who knows how to talk themselves out of things.
King
372 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Charley worried little for himself, for could it REALLY get worse than this? She worried needlessly, but the King let it go with a shrug, focused more on her journey out of the borders. With a nod, he both approves and insists. The ragged brute had no intentions of letting her go alone.
              "Yes, please do. I'd like everyone to go out of the borders in pairs, if they have to go out. We're still new here, and we don't know of the dangers yet."
One being that silver bitch who crossed the borders and then FOUGHT with the King and Queen. Stupid girl, she was lucky to have her life.
353 Posts
Ooc —
Heartha agreed on that. She much rathered travel with someone else, even though those she knew were injured. And she did not want to put them in further danger. It would be something to think upon later. For now, she had to prepare. Perhaps eat something small to stock up on her travel, even if she did not plan on going far at all.

"I shall take my leave, then." She bowed her head before saying her goodbyes. "Farewell, King. I shall be making my leave soon to expand my knowledge."