Sleeping Dragon look to your kingdoms, i am coming for them all
what do i do after all this survival?
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Pack Activity 
A few rounds between @Gyda and I, then it will open up to a pack meeting.

The puppies were coming upon their second week of life. Hvitserk’s spells come and go but they are improving, she thinks, but time will tell if they stop all together. They have a remedy, at least, and she can’t be more thankful than for the capable wolves of her home. Most of them haven’t been around as long as home but their promise in loyalty is strong and those that have remained have continued to show their dedication, enveloping the life she and Gyda have created upon this mountain.

Even with a shaky start, they have prevailed in victory and famine, and while not the former glory that had been Seageda, Drageda is not a name the wolves in this Wilds will soon forget.

The morning comes slowly as Thuringwethil lay awake for the last several hours, tucked away in the darkness of her cave. Thoughts spend most of their time on amphetamines as she sorta through what she can but as soon as day breaks, she’s up and on her feet in one direction: Gyda’s whelping den.

It doesn’t take too long, making sure when at rest (or what she could call rest), she isn’t far should danger arrive. Gavriel has been there every night in her place, giving him the much needed time to be with his family. Like most mornings when she arrives, he’s at the mouth of the den acting as a shield to the opening but upon Heda’s approach, he’s quick to stand, bow, and dismiss himself off for a sweep of the area. Thuringwethil watches him disappear and then she turns back to the reason she’s come.

“Gyda.”
Trigedasleng · Common
all that wanting, all that aching, all that capacity for love:
it never belonged to you in the first place
with fire in her veins
262 Posts
Ooc — torvi
The decision had not been an easy one to make, admittedly. She enjoyed her reign as queen but the choices had presented themselves to her before she'd given birth. She was indisposed and would be for quite some time. Her role as mother had become more important and more precious to the shield-maiden then her role of power and she did not wish to have to choose one of them over the other. Sure, a balance could be struck but one would always be more neglected than the other and this was not fair to either side. Besides, it was not as if she was letting Sleeping Dragon to the wolves. The pack would be in Thuringwethil's capable paws, while Gyda would be able to turn her attentions to solely being a mother to her children. Things would change, the valkyrie assumed, but she was ok with this. Change wasn't bad, it was a natural part of life, of the ebb and flow of time.

She heard footfalls approach and heard Gavriel's depart. Careful not to disturb the babes from where they slept at her side she rose and padded outside the den, enjoying a brief stretch as her icy blue gaze touched upon the Commander. “Thuringwethil,” Gyda greeted her old friend, for the last time, perhaps, as equals, offering the dark Grounder a warm smile.
and armor underneath her skin
who crushes the world beneath her feet
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Gyda takes a moment but exits the den and Thuringwethil offers a reassuring smile. She’s a little disappointed to not yet see the puppies but it is not the matter for which she is here. When her name is spoken, she eases up and takes a step forward to embrace the smaller wolf around her neck and holds it for a long, intimate moment. It is as if the answer is already on her face but the young leader knew the woman has had her feelings toward motherhood for a very long time where her own has been removed (in a way). As any other Heda, her wolves, as a whole, will come first and separating her feelings from duty in a compromising way will only make things more complicated.

“You know I would give you all the time in the world to make a decision,” she prefaces upon her retreat, shifting her weight and seizing up her position as a leader. Their dynamic would change but their friendship could possible return to what it had been when they both led elsewhere.
Trigedasleng · Common
with fire in her veins
262 Posts
Ooc — torvi
The embrace they shared was unlike any they had had in quite some time. It was strange in the regard of how long it had been, but also very familiar and Gyda drew strength from it. No matter what: their friendship endured and while she may no longer hold the title of Viking Queen: she would always been their Queen, and there was nothing that would stop her from returning to her rightful throne in Odinn's Cove when the children were older if that was what she sought. Right now, however, it truly wasn't what she wanted. She only wanted to be the best mother that she could be for them. “I know,” Gyda spoke to the Commander in a warm, reassuring tone. “It for the best, I think” Gyda paused though she understood the weight of her decision needed no explaining. “The children require my endless attention now and they will only become more of a handful the older they grow. I understand the pack should help me raise them but they are my children and first and foremost it is my responsibility to be the best mother I can be for them. I do not feel that being Queen and only giving them some of my time is very fair.” Others had done it. Her own mother had struck the balance, but Ragnar had handled most of it and even then the time they'd gotten with him had been realistically limited for it seemed his attention was always demanded elsewhere.

“I am confident in my decision, and I do not regret it. I know you are more than capable of leading the Dragons in the right path, Commander.” Gyda offered the Commander another warm smile, her head tilting back to her den ever so slightly as one of the children stirred within and let out a small, yet cute yawn and a heavy sigh. “From a Viking Queen to the Commander, it was an honor to lead beside you, Heda.” As the words left her lips it kind of felt like a farewell and in some ways...it was. Gyda was closing a chapter of her book and embracing the next. She was apart of the Dragons, would remain so but she would no longer be leading them.
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Thuringwethil doesn’t have to ask the question as Gyda gives her own answer, and an explanation, and the young woman slowly nods her head. Whatever her reasons for her decision, they are enough to pull her away. Her slate eyes close and she steps forward again to gently bump her muzzle encouragingly. The queen get the option of stepping down and focusing on a family and perhaps there’s a little envy laced in her veins, watching her step down from the dragon.

“Sleeping Dragon will be be strong because of you,” she says with a hint of a smile before she steps back. A squeak can be heard from the den this time and she casts a glance, before the concern is flushed away. “You won’t be disappointed.” Heda releases a breath, feeling a certain weight off her shoulders, and a peacefulness remains in her chest. Like she’s seeing Gyda again for the first time in months, as her long-time friend—how she’s meant to see her.

“I need to tell them. Get some rest.”
Trigedasleng · Common
with fire in her veins
262 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Gyda herself felt at peace with her decision. Perhaps it was selfish of her to choose her children over her once subordinates but that wasn't how the shield-maiden saw it all. Regardless of what she was or wasn't to Sleeping Dragon her children were their future, perhaps no longer heirs to a empire she had given up but perhaps that was for the better. There was nothing to conform them: they could be whoever they wanted to be, whatever: grounder, viking or something different all together. Perhaps they would lead Sleeping Dragon one day or perhaps they would forge their own paths in life. Only the Fates truly knew what lay in store for the small dragons curled around one another in her birthing den.

It was a peaceful exchange, and there was a slight swell of pride to be had. They had founded this together and no matter what rank Gyda held her presence would always be there. It was part of her, and she, it. There was no fighting, no arguing. Just acceptance. A sage nod was given to Heda when she encouraged her to rest and that she (Thuringwethil) would inform the others. “Thank you.” Gyda replied before she gave a stretch — wanting to enjoy the simple pleasure of it while she could — before she re-entered the den to move back to her spot around her children, soothing a lick over her loudest (Eske's) head to lull the concerned child back to sleep.
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Pack meeting to inform everyone of the changes! You have six days to reply. Please get them in by Friday, July 15th. Currently exempt from replying due to IC cirumstance: @Gyda, @Freyja, @Thyri, @Hvitserk, @Eske. Everyone else, come on up! @Wildfire, @Gluskap, @Dio, @Hush, @Portia, @Lagertha, @Rebekka, @Saria. Ranks took effect July 7th.

There is nothing left to discuss and it likely won’t be the last time the condition of the pack comes up. She might not be a leader anymore, but she’s still a vital part of their claim and no one will look at her as if she is anything less. Gyda turns and disappears into the den and Thuringwethil shifts back, pivoting on her heels as she begins her search. She doesn’t go immediately to the meeting spot and instead she seeks out Wildfire to give her the news. It is just as brief as she directs the girl with her to the meeting spot to settle in with the ledge to her back. The tree that’s barely hanging on has threatened it’s hold from a storm, perhaps even from the locusts, but it remains for today.

She exhales a long sigh and glances to Wildfire that stands near the front, but to her left—not quite side by side—and then lifts her head to call for her wolves.
Trigedasleng · Common
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
She'd had a couple of days to get used to the idea of being one of Sleeping Dragon's upper tier. It still made her heart beat nervously whenever she thought of all the responsibility now on her young, svelte shoulders. But surely she could rise to the task. The role was particularly suited to her, almost like a custom fit, and despite Wildfire's anxiety about it, she could actually hardly wait to get her feet wet.

It was now time to gather the pack and let everyone else know about the changes in leadership. Fighting a slight urge to throw up, Wildfire obeyed the commander's summons and quietly accompanied her to the meeting place, taking up a position close by. When Thuringwethil howled for the wolves of Drageda to come to her, the new Bandrona's pulse thrummed. She hoped they would accept her as the head ambassador and give her a chance to prove herself worthy of the position.
89 Posts
Ooc —
Lagertha glanced in the direction of the howl, eyes flicking between a rabbit she was tracking and the call that had demanded her attention. Her eyes continued to move between the rabbit tracks and the direction of Thuringwethil's voice comically for a few moments before Lag gave up with a groan. Turning on her heel, the Viking followed the sound across Sleeping Dragon.

The dove grey female slipped between the trees, pausing before Heda and the fire pelted woman called Wildfire. Lagertha dipped her head in greeting, completely unaware that Gyda would no longer be leading and that soon she would be expected to join the culture of Drageda in all its glory.

"Skol," she murmured by way of greeting, an instinctive thing of her past though they probably couldn't hear it from where she stood.
The Gods always smile on the brave women.
king of the ashes
104 Posts
Ooc — Mary
The call rang out overhead, and the coywolf male swiveled his lengthy ears out of curiosity. The Heda was rallying her wolves. With a quick flick of his stubby tail, Glu frowned at the task he had been hoping to complete and swiftly abandoned it. The skeletal figure would have plenty of time to finish sorting his stocks of supplies after he had heard what the inky leader had to say. Snorting and then turning into the direction of her call, the man skittered across the mountain in search of the brutish woman and her band of warriors. Gluskap still felt slightly amiss in the ranks of the dragon wolves, but he was doing well for what little he truly had to offer them.

The healer caught sight of three different bodies gathered together and frowned thoughtfully at each of them. All were known, and so he imagined he had not been as lazy or narrow-focused as he had thought. Though his herbs kept him busy, he had done well enough at introducing himself to the others in the ranks. With a quick and respectful bow of his slender skull at both females at the head of the group, the coywolf found a seat and waited for the arrival of others. Sharp eyes flitted across each present wolf with a curious glint.
i've lost the word for prayer
258 Posts
Ooc — Mica
Gavriel hadn’t been far from the den when Thuringwethil sent him off, ready to swoop back in when the woman came—at least until someone else stopped by to give him a break—but instead, he’s being summoned. His ears swivel on his head, but he stops by the den anyway before ascending the mountain further. She doesn’t tell him much but he does lick her nose gently, respectfully, before looking down at each puppies and forcing himself to depart. What he feels for them is going to hold him back, he worries, and he knows he needs to put some distance between him and the children. They needed to become Drageda’s to raise.

The concerns shake from him as he disappears, moving to the meeting spot and to his surprise, Thuringwethil is there first, with Wildfire to the side. He shoots her a confused look but he turns to see Gluskap and a woman he doesn’t recognize but her scent is familiar. She wouldn’t be here if she wasn’t meant to be here. Gavriel moves to one side and stands, waiting for the rest of the group to appear.
A meaningful silence is better than meaningless words.
255 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Hush's head jerked upwards from underneath his tail as he woke from his nap. Upon recognizing the voice, he quickly scrambled onto his feet, stretching and licking his chops before racing off towards Heda's call.

Unfortunately, he was much closer than he had initially thought, slamming his brakes paws in order to halt himself from ramming into another wolf. The mute panted, shaking his ruffled fur and rubbing his ears as a look of sheepish embarrasment overtook his face. He looked towards Heda with a soft whimper of greeting, placing himself in the rear of the gathered wolves to save himself from the look of annoyance. he was sure he would get.
Trades:
Guardian (0/10) — Ranger (0/10)
Note: Hush cannot form words. He can, however, chuff, snarl, bark, and make a yodel-like howl.
[time & tide]
479 Posts
Ooc — -
Guardian
Warrior
The summons has his course redirected the moment he processed it, and he has to wonder already what may be in store. He long since understood that the Dragon is a place of intrigue with its share of constant flux. Yet in its often shifting nature, he also understands the strength brought forth because of it, and in this great mix of things, the guardian has to wonder how their histories may be influenced now.

All he knows is that the slopes have grown and shifted significantly even beneath his watch -- not just meaning the wolves themselves. It may be no creation of his, nor is he even truly born of the culture, but he has grown fond of it nonetheless. It is his home, after all.

So he made his way towards the call's proximity over the paths well-worn by his patrol, and came upon the gathering not long after. A handful were already assembled, each of which he passed a glance over on his arrival before he dipped his muzzle briefly to acknowledge Heda. With that done, he settled among the group to wait.
i win
79 Posts
Ooc — Allie
A ripple among the ranks had caused her to become more in tune to the inner workings of the pack, the talk and the whispers rather than the opposite. Rebekka had not cared so much about her rank, it was afterall, just a title. What meant more to her was the effort she put in to the pack, it's well being. More specifically, Heda's well being. As far as she was aware, all was well. But she knew the truth of her own short comings, what had she done to prove she was worth their time? No enough. Her trade was almost finished, only time was her enemy at that moment. 

As she nears the group, she lowers her head, exposing her neck in the commander's direction. In their last meeting, Rebekka's honesty had proven to be less than desired, she only hoped Heda would not hold it against her. There are a few wolves she does not recodnise, and some of which have managed to slip their way past her on the ranks. That would not happen again. She waits for the news Heda has brought them together to hear.
wamplei kom thauz kodon
Did someone say plants?
526 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
Portia arrives as quickly as she can, taking her place in the back of the pack with her posture low and humble. Her tail swings behind her curiously, her freckled head tilted gently to the side with wonder.

--sorry short! I'm on mobile. I am here.--
green text signifies trigedasleng.
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
No posting order. Reply by Thursday, July 21st. @Wildfire @Gluskap @Dio @Hush @Portia @Rebekka @Saria @Lagertha

It does not take long for them to gather, scanning the crowd as it grew bigger and bigger—for a moment, she could only imagine how much bigger it would become once the dragons are old enough—and she remains silent and poised until the last shows up. It is the first time she has called her wolves without Gyda at her side, that Wildfire is nearby instead, and she rests her gaze on Dio for a moment, and then a fleeting look to the rest of them as she clears her throat to begin.

“We have been through a lot since we lay claim upon this mountain, some of you have experienced all of them and some of you know the history, but through each one we’ve come together in our success—and this will be no different. Gyda has welcomed into the world four healthy children,” she tells them at first. Most of them, if not all, already knows this information, but the details have been withheld until they knew they would all survive. “Freyja, Thyri, Hvitserk, and Eske. With their birth, Gyda has decided to step down. Her contribution as a leader to Sleeping Dragon has been a great one and will continue to live on here, even in the upcoming changes. She is to be respected despite no longer being your queen.”

Thuringwethil takes a moment to settle her nerves, looking out for their reactions before she moves on to the next item to discuss.

“As you know, within Sleeping Dragon is Drageda, wolves that follow and are loyal to Heda. Some of you do not come from my home, I understand that, and will have patience as you learn. Disloyalty will not be tolerated and you have one chance, right now, to decide if this is for you or if you wish to learn our way and thrive as we always have for generations.”

She swallows a lump forming in her throat, mouth dry, as she glimpses toward Wildfire, and then back out to the crowd. Most of those before her have dedicated their life to her with only a questioning few and for a few seconds she opens up the floor to allow the deserters to come forward.
Trigedasleng · Common
89 Posts
Ooc —
Lagertha listened intently to the news, not that surprised that Gyda would be stepping down to watch her children. It was natural to do such and she supported the decision silently though the next words surprised her. Surely Gyda was still a Viking as was Lagertha, the pack had been a combination of the two cultures since she had joined. 

Lag hadn't expected that she would have to give up her own customs, that she would have to learn a new language and way of life. The Viking wasn't even sure she wanted to, she didn't mind living in harmony with the Drageda society but having to conform to it didn't sit with her very well.

Lagertha said nothing, nor did she come forward. The Shield-maiden simply turned and walked away without a backwards glance. The Valkyrie was sure to receive some harsh words or looks, maybe violence, and she cared not to see it as she left.
The Gods always smile on the brave women.
i've lost the word for prayer
258 Posts
Ooc — Mica
News that Gyda is stepping down isn’t necessarily news to him but when it were to occur is a bit of a surprise. He hadn’t known when the change would occur, or if it had been official, but he knew it would be coming. When Thuringwethil explains the birth of their children but she does not mention him as the father and so he frowns a little, and glances around to those that might know, but he doesn’t object to her choice. Either way, Sleeping Dragon would officially become Seageda’s reincarnation.

It is then that another catches his attention—one he doesn’t know—whom simply takes a step back and begins to leave. A quick glance to the front of the crowd where Heda stands confirms the sudden anger. Her fur bristles and with one paw off the ground, Gavriel’s concern sets ablaze. He moves quickly around the rest of them and jerks his head to his intention, and quickly follows the departing wolf to keep things quiet and in order.

One look over his shoulder and he notes Thuringwethil settles and so Gavriel follows Lagertha—several yards back—on her way out of Sleeping Dragon.
[time & tide]
479 Posts
Ooc — -
Guardian
Warrior
He feels the weight of the Heda's gaze for a moment, and is attentive because of it. Dio had to wonder how far between the lines he was meant to read, or if it is anything at all to even think about. But he's steadily come to understand the commander better than he had ever. It is not a complete picture yet, nor anything truly comparative to the wolves cultured in the same way as she.. although it is enough to remind him keep his wits sharp. He knew he was comfortable in his position here. He was steadfast, and still learning.

News then comes forward. He notes the names of the puppies and is curious about Gyda's removal from the leadership, although overall, doubts it will be of much consequence to him and his routine. Dio would likely still revere the sterling viking somehow, but this did open up new opportunities. Thuringwethil spoke on of it. Again, he was not surprised. He could see the good in it, and really, it may be best for him in the long run.

The exit of a female he did not know well drew his attention. Gavriel was on it not long after, and Dio shot a glance between their leave and the Heda. His hackles shifted subtly although he knew the agouti Gona would have it under control. Afterward, he looked over the crowd with a hawkish stare to see if any others would be next, or if the peace would remain undisturbed from here on out. He stood poised to protect it, if necessary, and would heed the commander's word.
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
When the wolves of Sleeping Dragon were more or less gathered, the commander began to address them. Wildfire's heartbeat quickened as the Heda explained Gyda's exit from leadership and introduced the children by name. Her lips twitched as she thought of them, her racing pulse calming somewhat. Then Thuringwethil moved on with her speech, inevitably approaching the subject of Wildfire's own promotion, and her heart leaped into her throat again as she unwittingly held her breath.

It gusted out of her when the Heda paused and one of the wolves—Lagertha, I think?—promptly stood and walked away. Although the yearling supposed the Alpha had opened the floor to such actions, Wildfire still found it distasteful if not outright disrespectful. Her jaw clenched, amber eyes following Gavriel as he immediately dogged the deserter's footsteps. Wildfire didn't know the woman nearly well enough to understand her abrupt and rude departure, though she remembered the foreign exchange between Gyda and Lagertha. Perhaps she could not swear the same allegiance to the pack's remaining Alpha, in which case: good riddance.

Wildfire shifted, red fur prickling very subtly, and looked to Thuringwethil reassuringly. She bobbed her snout, smiling a bit weakly as she mouthed, I'm still here. She also shrugged in Lagertha's general direction as if to say, Oh, well. Thuringwethi didn't want anyone but the most loyal and dedicated wolves occupying the ranks of Drageda, surely, so with Lagertha gone, that made room for someone more worthy of the spot. And as far as Wildfire could tell, the pack rarely stayed below capacity for long.
A meaningful silence is better than meaningless words.
255 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Hush blinked with surprise at the annoucement of Gyda's resignation, but mothering was a full-time job. While she did have the support of the pack at her back, it was she who spent the most time with the little potatoes. If he was in her position, he supposed he would do the same. He nodded, respecting Gyda's decision. He would continue to respect her, of course; it was she who brought him to Sleeping Dragon in the first place.

With that matter settled, Heda opened the floor to another leadership change. The culture of Heda's followers was to become the culture of the pack. To Hush, it wasn't a difficult change. He could not speak anyway, so learning the terms wasn't a problem (he already called Thurin Heda and the pack Drageda in his mind), and he had been here since the beginning. The Drageda culture was already familiar to him. Though it seemed that that wasn't so for every wolf in the Sleeping Dragon pack. One woman, unfamiliar to him, stood up and walked away. The mute turned his head in the direction of the woman as she disappeared, but he shrugged in the end. She was gone, and he barely knew her. The pack would go on, Drageda would go on.
Trades:
Guardian (0/10) — Ranger (0/10)
Note: Hush cannot form words. He can, however, chuff, snarl, bark, and make a yodel-like howl.
Did someone say plants?
526 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
Portia had not formally met the woman who her Heda had called their Queen. She'd helped treat her child and had scented her around the pack, but never before approached and spoken to her. This did not offend her in any way, and instead she gave a respectful nod to her Heda to show she understood, and awaited the rest of the meeting.
green text signifies trigedasleng.
i win
79 Posts
Ooc — Allie
The news of Gyda stepping down did not shock her, for perhaps it was honourable that the Viking queen chose to put her children first rather than her position within the pack. This did not mean Rebekka respected Gyda any less. She watched as a newcomer came and went, her eyes bearing down on the stranger as she exited the group. "Kwelen,"She hissed to herself as the girl departed, her lips slightly curled up as to show her distaste. Perhaps, it was for the best, now that their ranks had been emptied of the false subjects. Once the stranger had traveled away from her eye's reach, her sharp gaze snapped back to survey the group, lingering on each one as if to anticipate their actions before they took it. When no other seemed to make an action to leave, she loosened.

"Ai badan yu op en nou moun," She directed to Heda, for now they Gyda was no longer their shared leader, her loyalty was pledged solely to Heda. That had never wavered. She did not understand most of the dialouge spoke by their leader, but she got enough to understand that Heda was asking for their legitimacy within the pack. Rebekka was born under the very culture she lived in to that day, and she doubted she could be parting from it any time soon.
wamplei kom thauz kodon
king of the ashes
104 Posts
Ooc — Mary
Glu listened as the dark woman spoke, and found a strange ticking in the very far reaches of his own mind at the prospect of conforming to the traditions and the lifestyle of their society. He knew that he was not of the same mind as those around him; the wolves had a culture all their own, but the coywolf had a curiosity that could not be satisfied without immersing himself. One of the females found herself unimpressed with the demands that were made and departed quickly. The skeletal male watched her with glinting yellow eyes until she could not be seen anymore.

Afterwards, he focused his vision back on the dark Heda. He would play this game; the coywolf would conform if only to continue his climb through their ladder. Gluska was not a weak creature by any means, and he would endure what they asked of him. If it all failed, he would have a place among his sister on the shores of Saltwinter. Though she had stated that he did not belong there, Glu had found that he could fit in many places that were not intended for him.
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Sorry for the late reply. Work these last few days have been exhausting. ;; Next round ends Saturday, July 30th. @Wildfire @Gluskap @Dio @Hush @Portia @Rebekka.

When she opens the floor the those that might object, she finds herself not surprised that Lagertha is the first to decide against it but is surprised on her actions. Instead of listening, instead of speaking, she simply turns to and goes as if she wasn’t being spoken to. Her muscles tense and her fur bristles, her shoulders developing a dark auburn mane, and a click snaps her back legs into place to lunge but tawny movements catches her attention.

There’s a brief moment where Gavriel makes eye contact simply to speak and skirts around the crowd to follow behind the traitor. A fleeting glance is thrown for Wildfire when she moves and a stiff nod thanks her. The rest remain quiet, eyes landing on Dio to see how he’s reacted, and his defenses are just as welcome. Rebekka speaks and acknowledges her allegiance and while thankful, isn’t surprised by the Seageda wolves loyalty. The rest of those sticking around eases her muscles back into relaxation and her fur smoothing out evenly once more.

“Your loyalty to me, to Drageda, is something I am very thankful for. I expect you’ll learn over time, those that are not of my home, and I welcome your questions—and ask those that have followed me here. Gavriel and Rebekka,” she says, glancing between the two. Rebekka’s difficulty with the language might be a barrier, but the more she practices, the easier it will be for everyone. Not seeing Saria, whom would have been a great help, causes a frown, but she looks upon them with pride. “You are loyal to Heda and will be loyal to the next my spirit will choose, upon my death, and so on and your life after this will be peaceful.”

Her shoulders square as she shifts back into position now that she has her true Drageda in front of her, she takes another long breath to steady herself.

“Our hierarchy will change slight. The leaders of Drageda, those in my counsel, will include my fleimkepa, wocha, and bandrona. My advisor and Sleeping Dragon’s general and ambassador. Wildfire has stepped up as our bandrona,” she says and as much as she wishes to turn to the newly appointed leader, she remains still and watches their reactions instead and any signs of disruption. “I will also be watching for wolves to fit the others as well as my guard, cheka. The rest of the changes will reflect your primary job in Drageda. Dio and Gavriel as our gona and Gluskap, fisa, and Hush, rauna. The rest of you will be awarded your Drageda title accordingly.”

Thuringwethil falls silent then and leans back for the words and reactions of the rest of them.
Trigedasleng · Common