Sleeping Dragon look to your kingdoms, i am coming for them all
with fire in her veins
262 Posts
Ooc — torvi
The embrace they shared was unlike any they had had in quite some time. It was strange in the regard of how long it had been, but also very familiar and Gyda drew strength from it. No matter what: their friendship endured and while she may no longer hold the title of Viking Queen: she would always been their Queen, and there was nothing that would stop her from returning to her rightful throne in Odinn's Cove when the children were older if that was what she sought. Right now, however, it truly wasn't what she wanted. She only wanted to be the best mother that she could be for them. “I know,” Gyda spoke to the Commander in a warm, reassuring tone. “It for the best, I think” Gyda paused though she understood the weight of her decision needed no explaining. “The children require my endless attention now and they will only become more of a handful the older they grow. I understand the pack should help me raise them but they are my children and first and foremost it is my responsibility to be the best mother I can be for them. I do not feel that being Queen and only giving them some of my time is very fair.” Others had done it. Her own mother had struck the balance, but Ragnar had handled most of it and even then the time they'd gotten with him had been realistically limited for it seemed his attention was always demanded elsewhere.

“I am confident in my decision, and I do not regret it. I know you are more than capable of leading the Dragons in the right path, Commander.” Gyda offered the Commander another warm smile, her head tilting back to her den ever so slightly as one of the children stirred within and let out a small, yet cute yawn and a heavy sigh. “From a Viking Queen to the Commander, it was an honor to lead beside you, Heda.” As the words left her lips it kind of felt like a farewell and in some ways...it was. Gyda was closing a chapter of her book and embracing the next. She was apart of the Dragons, would remain so but she would no longer be leading them.
and armor underneath her skin
who crushes the world beneath her feet
Messages In This Thread
RE: look to your kingdoms, i am coming for them all - by Gyda - July 09, 2016, 06:45 PM