The Sentinels I'm a little turned around
la llorona
Health - 0% (0/100)
483 Posts
Ooc — Moosebrawn
All Welcome 
@Aria, maybe?
She'd been following the coast back home, too confused to know to do anything else. Donnelaith, of course, laid between her and the bay. If she just followed the border and kept Donnelaith always to her left, she'd be home in no time. How could she fail?

But, looking into the forested land to her right... she couldn't. It was bad enough being away from the bay and from... from... from someone, but not being able to see the ocean at all? Too different. I'll forget. I'll get lost. Even if it should be impossible, I know I can't take any chances.

The little shewolf danced nervously in place, peering through the gloom of the trees. Maybe, if she stayed close enough to the edge of the sea, they wouldn't get mad at her for tresspassing? But she couldn't risk it! Skellige wouldn't want anything to endanger the shaky wariness with which they regarded each other. Too much was at stake.

Deciding that any pack Deirdre was a part of would probably be kind enough to at least hear her plea, Doe sent up an entreating howl and fell away from the border to wait.
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Aria arrives swiftly, her head high. Osprey had recently stepped down, and it took all of her might not to scream into the stars her anger. Instead of moping, she tried to stay positive, thinking instead who else might make a good Beta. Deirdre was the only wolf who really came to mind and, let's face it, that was a bad idea. But at least she was thinking.

At the border is a tawny gray female who the pale queen greets with a polite dip of her head. "Greetings," she says, "Can I help you?"
la llorona
Health - 0% (0/100)
483 Posts
Ooc — Moosebrawn
She didn't have to wait long. Soon enough, a white wolf came to her call. A white wolf - not Deirdre. Apparently, there was more than one stark creature among their numbers. And this one smelled different-but-familiar - an alpha, no doubt. This was good; she would not have even asked to enter the territory of anyone other than the alpha.

"Hail," she replied with a low dip of her head. "I'm trying to get home, but... I get lost easily," she said to the pale shewolf, making herself even smaller than she usually looked. "I need to get to Stavanger Bay, but I know that if I try to go around Donnelaith on my own, I'll lose my way. I was hoping I might cross through here to follow the shore back home, or maybe someone could guide me around it, so that I don't forget where I'm going."

Tail lashing in a desperately friendly manner, the shewolf waited on the stranger's answer. If she was not receptive to either ideas, she was not sure what she would do. It would have to come to following the border, and she could only pray that the smell of the sea would guide her back into the packlands.
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
hope you don't mind her calling constantine, she's still learning to make decisions and trusts him (: if you don't have time for this thread feel free to message me and we can keep moving <3

After the woman finishes speaking, she does the only logical thing she can think to do. Her head tilts back and she calls for the next highest wolf in her ranks, @Constantine, praying that he will come in a timely matter-- if at all. Then she studies the woman. "I've called for my gamma," she explains. "You live in Stavanger?" she then asks, her unease clear in her voice and facial features. The only thing that stood out about Stavanger right now was that Floki used to live there, and that it was right above their home. "Do you live with others?" she asks. She hadn't been in the north territory very often, her own den being closer to the west borders, but she knew that not many lone wolves called a territory home. There must be a reason for her settling, and she prayed that it wasn't with others.
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
He was summoned – the airy voice of his Alpha beckoning him to go to her, and the wolf did so without hesitation, his steady course along the borders now drifting to their direction. His limp was now gone – with the return of the herds, and the introduction of a balanced diet back upon them, Constantine’s body was able to heal itself more efficiently, and even now his dark fur was beginning to shine with luster once more.

He came upon them – Aria had intercepted a dusty grey she-wolf, and it occurred to him that it was likely he would have missed her path. He came upon the side of the ivory she-wolf, his muzzle tipping up to nudge her shoulder in silent greeting and respect, his own form held below hers in turn before casting his fiery eyes to study the stranger. He made no comment for now, believing Aria would explain if she held reason for his presence aside from backup.
all you have is your fire
la llorona
Health - 0% (0/100)
483 Posts
Ooc — Moosebrawn
Her tail flipped eagerly as not-Deirdre called for another, still certain that anyone from Donnelaith could never mean harm. Without much thought, she answered the girl's questions - though she kept her King's business to herself.

"Yes, I live in Stavanger - with my mate and his brother. Noble men with a love for the sea," she said brightly, returning to her usual, garrulous self. This wolf would help her; she was about to get back home from this terrible journey! "Deirdre knows them, too," she added, wondering if the two were at all related, or if possibly Donnelaith only accepted white wolves into their ranks. "She helped me once, when I was weak."

The scrappy female was distracted, however, at the appearance of a dark-furred wolf. She started appreciatively at him for a moment before remembering herself and ducking her head. Her tail flipped behind her in a friendly manner as she looked specualtively between the two. So not just white wolves, then, she thought with a soft huff. Huh.
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Aria noses Constantine in return, a small, appreciative smile flitting his way. When she turned back to the other she hesitates. "There are three of you?" she asks slowly, "I don't appreciate you all so close to my pack," she then adds, her tail flicking behind her. She wonders is Constantine has caught on at all, trying not to involve him just yet. She appreciates his input, but wants to know this woman's intentions. 

"Where did you meet Deirdre?" she then asks, gaze narrowing as the stranger beings to eye Constantine. 
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Studying the silver female, the dark wolf begins to piece together the puzzle -- and worse still, @Deirdre had not taken his request to speak with Aria and Osprey on the matter. A soft sigh escapes him, and the Mayfair presses his shoulder gently to Aria's in an effort to appease her.

"Deirdre mentioned this pack to me. She was going to speak with you and inform you -- it would seem this one beat her to it." He tips his muzzle down in silent greeting, hoping to ease the potential tension. "I'm Constantine, Deirdre's brother."
la llorona
Health - 0% (0/100)
483 Posts
Ooc — Moosebrawn
The male introduced himself with a long string of syllables - Doe was content to know him as Con. She dipped her head in his direction before turning her attention back toward the white wolf, avoiding her own introduction because she was a little confused about what name she should give to these wolves. Had she given one to Deirdre?

"She was very kind to me," Doe said pensively, uncertain now about her reception. Neither wolves seemed particularly happy to see her there, and the white one was clearly distressed by news of her pack. Did she not know of the Blackrock wolves? It was odd that Deirdre had not confided in her alpha; not something Doe had anticipated. She'd come to these borders assuming they knew of and tolerated her people.

She could see now that she'd made a mistake by coming here, and while she was not afraid of the wolves of Donnelaith - that much faith in Deirdre she still held in her heart - she feared retribution from her own alpha, and worried that she'd stepped on some carefully laid plans in her short sojurn into the area.

"We are a seafaring people, lady," she said quietly, seeing that friendliness would not help her, now. She settled for earnest and respectful, and tried not to let fear climb into her heart - Don't worry, Szymon. I'll find you, somehow. "We reside in the bay, and we pull food from the water. Stavanger has been given to us by our gods; we will not depart. But neither do we have any interest in Donnelaith," she explained, not entirely sure she was right, but confident enough that it did not feel like a lie. The idea of Skellige in a place like this was laughable, after all. What would he want with Donnelaith? "I can't even get home without the ocean at my side; surely you do not worry about us being after your land?"

She looked to Con, entreating. "I am sorry I assumed I would be granted safe passage; Deirdre has always been welcome at Stavanger, and I didn't realize... I didn't realize."

What else was there to be said? What could undo the damage she had done here? For a moment, before Con spoke, she'd thought about feigning madness. If the white wolf thought she was raving, she'd surely discount her story. Deirdre could only confim that she'd been under the influence of Jimson when they'd met; was it so strange that she'd have taken it again?

But then Con spoke, confirming the existence of the Blackrock wolves. She could not backpedal now; could do nothing but try to soothe the other female, and keep everything else she knew to herself. These things were important; she would do all she could to slavage the situation - but Doe had only one true goal, now.

Don't worry, Szymon. I'll get back to you.

I just don't know how, yet.
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Aria hesitates when Constantine speaks. He doesn't seem certain of his opinions, but his touch seems to suggest that she should calm down, and it soothes her momentarily. She leans against him briefly before turning back to the woman before her. "Deirdre has never not been kind," she says in an attempt to show her calming, but her gaze waivers from the woman, to the sea beyond them, to Constantine. 

"I do not fear you taking our home if you are so close to our Deirdre," she begins slowly, but her ears lower with concern. "But the prey has only just returned with the green, don't you realize the position that places Donnelaith in? And yourselves, for that matter. Two packs competing for herds and small-game is not reasonable-- especially since there is a whole coast for you all to settle in. Did you really need to pick the coast directly beside our pack?" she asks, shaking her head with dissapproval. She no longer sounds angry or hostile, simply uncertain and stressed out. 

"If you need to go back, I will lead you there," she glances to Constantine, hoping he'd accompany her. Last time she'd travelled to another pack to make peace, she was taken hostage and used for strange, uncivil rituatuals. "But I wish to speak with the wolf who will be in charge."
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Concern flagged him in this very moment as the silver girl spoke – she seemed concerned of her safety, and the ebony wolf felt a flicker of shame in that. And yet – what had @Deirdre spoke of to these wolves to grant them the impression they could waltz through their land? It was disconcerting – more so that his pale sister had not even bothered to tell the leadership of Donnelaith yet of these wolves, and now was seemingly acting in a role to give them free passage. She was still a pup.

“Aria has a point – but it is something best spoken with to your leader,” he provided gently, standing soundly at his own Alpha’s flank. Aria seemed uncertain – and he felt a pang of regret for not taking it upon himself to tell her of his conversation with Deirdre instantly. He was more to blame than his youthful sister—her mind was whimsical, and he should have known she would not see the harm or importance of the matter that lay before them. He only hoped to have a moment alone with Aria so he could apologize to her. “How often does Deirdre visit your home?” This alone made him nervous – who were these wolves his sister was becoming cozy with?

At Aria’s offer, he shifted his weight, his own fur brushing against hers softly once more to remind her he was here when she needed him, his own muzzle tipping slightly. “I will accompany you.” Deirdre had desired him to meet with Skellige – and now he wanted to know what pull this man seemed to have over his sister.
la llorona
Health - 0% (0/100)
483 Posts
Ooc — Moosebrawn
Questions came at her from all sides - too many for the number of wolves currently present. Realizing what was happening, Doe took a deep, stuttering breath to clear her head of the voices that didn't belong there, and then gazed back between the two wolves, ready with answers.

"We don't hunt herds or small game - the sea provides all that we need," she said imploringly, eyes soft and begging for understanding as she answered the woodland's alpha. "But Skellige... Lady, as you've been kind toward me, allow me to show you kindness in turn. Let me speak to Skellige first, and arrange a meeting between you. We can meet on neutral ground," she explained, hoping the pale wolf would be amenable toward the suggestion. It would be better for all of them if she could prepare Skellige to face this woman's fears with understanding and - dare she hope - kindness. "You will also have time to speak to Deirdre; please, hear her out. We do not see her often, but when we do, she is always treated with respect - we would never hurt her, and I doubt there will ever be a reason to hurt the rest of your pack."

When she got back, there would be much to speak to Skellige about - she was not entirely happy that she'd not been informed of Donnelaith's ignorance of their existance. What were her king's plans for this place? Why had he not told her to stay clear of it, when Deirdre's presence seemed to hint at an alliance between the two packs?

Neighbors, she called us. Are we that, or something much worse?

Doe would do whatever Skellige said. If he meant to make war with these wolves, she would aide him however she could. But for now, she thought of sweet Deirdre, and how devasted she'd been to see her friends and her family against each other.

"Please, lady," she said softly. "Let us take the steps that lead us all to peace and to harmony. Longer is the road, but better is the reward."
slowly drifting, wave after wave
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
>____>

the young girl had heard the familiar call from afar; she had been working on restocking the caches she had taken from, in order to aid the seafarers she had grown partial to. as she drifted toward the congregation, the pale beauty chirped with the birds who tweeted above and around her. the winds whispered things that urged her swiftness, and deirdre picked up her pace worriedly. the wind told her that others had found her friend before she had, and so this put her at ease. none within donnelaith were cold nor cruel to harm any that were undeserving--and even those deserving she was not certain would meet the cold touch of biting fangs. she had seen violence, but could not remember it--a murderous wench had once trespassed in their forest with the intent to kill. 

she heard nothing of what transpired. too late had she arrived, but when she did, she noted the tawny visage of the woman she now knew as doe--for that had been who skellige had called to, when his tetsubo had needed aid, as well as herself--and she smiled warmly toward her. but she noted, smelled, that something was amiss; was it the scent of fear? anxiety? who did it come from? her gaze turned to aria, to constantine, who she also smiled to, but the expression melted into one of confusion. 

she had not forgotten her conversation with her brother; rather, the topic had fallen onto the backburner, but her intent had never changed. she had been busy in aiding skellige with his wounded warriors, and then had become busy in restocking what she had taken in order to do this. but she had neglected to do what she had ought to do, first and foremost--still, at present, this did not occur to her. you have met my friend doe, deirdre's tail wagged, and she looked to doe, i am sorry i had not come sooner--i was seeking to replace what herbs i had used, and did not expect to take quite so long to meet you--but i am glad to see you have been met by aria, and constantine. she was in good hands, by all means; deirdre had only come at all as doe was a friend, and to see her would make her day all the better. it certainly did--and she was merrier, still, to see constantine and aria, as well, whom she loved dearly.
[Image: BCay9TG.png]
in oceans deep. my faith will stand
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
As the women speaks, Aria becomes more and more frustrated. How had this happened? Had Donnelaith really been seen as a pack this open to doing favors for others? Sure, she'd liked being a neutral and friendly pack, but she was not keen on going out of her way to parade strangers around on a pillow.

Constantine brushes again her, calming her anxieties for a few moments. He says he'll come with, and even more if her nerves calm. But, as she's about to take the woman to safety, she seems to backtrack. She says that she'd rather rearrange a meeting on neutral grounds-- but how hypocritical, seeing that this woman was so keen on coming so close to her lands and asking her for favors. She holds back a growl of frustration, instead tensing her muscles and seeking her friends side for relief. She opens her mouth to speak, and Deirdre arrives. 

"Deirdre-- we can talk--" she pauses, realizing exactly what the girl has just said. "Have you been using herbs on this pack?" She asks, as calmly as she possibly can. The girl is naive, and does not really know better-- but she is stupid, and she can not see past that.
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
He had a flash of distrust in her words that very moment – the desire to traipse through their lands and then refusing the offer to meet the man who laid claim upon their doorstop. Apparently, to walk through another territory was one-sided only – unless it was Deirdre.

Had the gray woman truly thought they could determine an alliance with a pup of another pack? Without an adult or figure of authority to address?

Deirdre then appeared, as if she knew of the transgressions that fell before her. Constantine’s eyes drifted to his sister, and while she brought him such joy at many times, the swarthy wolf could not help but feel her misguided in this very moment – and absolutely childish in her decisions.

Deirdre spoke, and Constantine tipped his muzzle slightly in her presence, addressing her with a quiet greeting, though his annoyance could likely be seen in the tautness of his jawline. Aria made to address his sister, and instead, the wraith kept his bright eyes upon their guest, feeling even more upset as she continued to speak.

"Please, lady, let us take the steps that lead us all to peace and to harmony. Longer is the road, but better is the reward." The words of the other implored his Alpha – as if Aria had spat in the others face, rather than bring forward a rather important question – come winter, when the seas remained frigid to the touch and made fishing almost impossible.. where would this pack seek its resources then? “She has done nothing to imply anything but peace – she has simply brought forward a justified question.”
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
deirdre had only been of aid when it was asked of her, out of her own good will. in itself it made to recognize the potential for a positive relationship between the two packs, but she had made no promises. deirdre worked to build an alliance one day, but did not presume anything on aria's behalf, and had told the sea king as much. there was much tension in the air, and she would seek to dispel it.

to aria's question, she nodded gently. when help was needed, i aided. i have learned much of healing, and used my knowledge upon the bay wolves... one wolf had a great fall, and the other simply had a superficial abrasion to her back that only appeared deep. donnelaith had once again become an herbalists shangri-la when the growth had returned, and she had practiced her desire to become a healer upon the wolves of the bay. donnelaiths wolves were fortunately in good health, and the place seemed blessed for that! but she had needed to practice and to train, and skellige had let her use what she had learned upon his subjects. it had been a success--for both parties, she had felt. her father would have permitted it--it was the way of donnelaith. they had once even let a wolf of the caldera into their forest to heal him, she recalled. did donnelaith not aid those in need? where others might become lost, or confused, she would never stray. but she certainly never meant to encroach on her dear aria's authority, and she moved to offer an appeasing kiss to the womans cheek. deirdre was still young, she knew, and would find her place in due time, but aria had done nothing to merit any ill will from her. she did not think, could not think, that aria would begrudge her of helping others.

deirdre wished, too, to become an adviser. she thought of all the times her brother had advised her, and looked to him with admiration and reflection both. i have arrived late, so i do not know what i have missed, she admitted. but as ever, she wanted to help, if she could. she glanced between constantine and aria both, before looking back at the soft-eyed doe with a small wave of her plume.
la llorona
Health - 0% (0/100)
483 Posts
Ooc — Moosebrawn
I'm a little confused about the posting order, but I feel like it's my turn? Let me know if I'm wrong.
Doe's eyes darted uncertainly between each wolf, ears twitching wildly as she tasted the frustration and anxiety in the air. She'd tried. She'd tried to remain calm, to be the kind of wolf that Skellige would want her to be - but in times of stress, most fall back on what they are familiar with, and her timid nature was making itself known. The scrappy shewolf took several short, halting steps back, listening to the nice, sensible voice that was telling her she needed to get out of there and run.

But what will happen, then? And what would Skellige say when he found out that one of his wolves had to flee from the wolves of Donnelaith? What then?

She stayed, but her eyes trailed to the sea with longing, her head being pulled around almost without her consent. Szymon, she knew, was by the sea. He was not here. None of these wolves were Szymon. She just needed to get back to him, and then everything would be okay. She just needed to hide her face in his sweet-smelling fur, and she could forget about all this, the damage she'd done, how lost she was...

Her attention was pulled back when Con spoke - to her, it seemed. For several long seconds, she could only gaze mutely at the other wolf, her legs folding underneath her without her will as the weight of despair and of Riverbone's disappointment began to settle upon her.

"I should not have come here," she murmured, her voice low, as though she were talking to herself. Her gaze, having slipped to the ground with the rest of her body, darted back up to Con and Aria and was caught there. She did not want to speak anymore; speaking had not helped anything, thus far. Still, she felt that she could not leave without explanation. "I just don't know what to do," she said quietly, her voice halting as she tried her very best to keep from whimpering. "I know I've upset you, and- and I'm afraid for my people, if I let you be angry. But I don't know how to fix it, and I just want to go home."

The last word came alarmingly close to letting that whimper out, but Doe didn't care about that anymore. She edged again toward the ocean, away from Donnelaith. If she could just get to the sea, maybe she could think.
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
-- Deirdre posted early on accident! No worries (: --

She didn't know what to do. She didn't know what to think. She didn't know what to say, feel, or express. Maybe she felt angry, or betrayed, and just plain frustrated. But she couldn't decide if she should pity Deirdre's ignorance and simply scold the child and send her on her way-- or make a big deal out of this. That wouldn't be very mature of her though, would it? She thought bitterly. 

Her tail lashed behind her, and she grew impatient. She kept thinking, emotions piling up. She thought of the very same thing that Constantine had-- what about the winter? What happens is the ocean freezes over? Or becomes polluted? Wolves do not live on fish-- they are not cats. 

In the calmest manner she could fashion, Aria turns back to Doe, her ears cupped forward. "You are ignorant and naive, both of you," she adds her gaze flicking to Deirdre. "I am sorry we met under these circumstances, but regardless I cannot have a pack residing directly beside mine." She stands straighter, still trying to calm her nerves. "I will travel your territory whenever it is convientent for me, and I will speak with your alpha. For now, if it is so important you return. Deirdre, you know the way to Stavanger, would you mind taking her?" She asks. It was a punishment, but nothing too terrible. She glances to Constantine, wondering if he'd insist on going with his sister. She wouldn't stop him, it was a reasonable request. She was old enough to travel on her own-- but a brother always worried, she knew that. 

"I apologize if I've caused you any inconeinence," she adds, gaze flicking to the gray woman. 
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Deirdre was all innocence – he all but wilted within – she was a delicate flower only seeking to bring love to the world, and yet in her need to do such, she had forgotten to take heart something he had deemed quite important.. and it would seem Aria took upset at the sharing of their resources, though the Mayfair youth did not believe Lasher would deny anyone who needed them assistance.

But nor did he believe Lasher would have welcomed strangers to set up camp upon their doorstep.

The grey woman quaked now, and Constantine’s irritability at her sparked higher – she insulted them, and now reacted as if they had not agreed to her current terms and offered to take her home. His lip began to curl then – yet the moment Aria sharply rounded upon not just the stranger, but reprimanded his sister, the man leaned away from her, now moving forward to shield the child from his Alpha's pale stare. He felt his own words rise in resistance at the thought of Deirdre spending even more time with these wolves alone – as of now, he wanted her nowhere near them until they had met with them, for they were clearly not to be trusted – but his ire only shone in his eyes at Aria demanding from his charge before consulting with him, and he would not call her out upon it. “I will go with her. I do not want Deirdre near these wolves until we have met with them. Not after this.” His gaze drifted down to his sister – wondering if she would balk at this. Never before had he taken such order with her – for she was no pup. But she was still a child, and she was under he and Eilidh’s charge as far as he was concerned.
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
deirdre watched aria, listened raptly, and her expressions surely betrayed her worry at the words spoken. not for aria, but for donnelaith--for what would aria think to do, to ensure they did not stake their claim upon the bay? they were not fighters, after all. and though deirdre was young, she did not feel ignorant; for she had accounted for the possibilities that lay before them, and the best option was not simply peace but a friendship. deirdre would not turn away from that ideal, though aria had seemingly decided. it was not to the benefit of donnelaith, and this thought felt cold upon her. too quick, she felt -- no thought at all had been put into this judgment but for the wolf that quailed nearby. deirdre felt her heart tear from her, as she moved to step protectively before doe whilst constantine moved to do the same, toward she herself. 

deirdre had not heard the questions constantine had asked, or else she would have answered them for the both of them; nor had she heard the statement spoken by doe, that they purely took from the sea. the sea was giving, even in the winter, though if it was sustaining in the cold months she was not sure. miscommunication occurred when fear was present; deirdre only worked to mediate, now.

she moved to touch her brother softly. they have treated me with nothing but respect and kindness, brother. they are not to be feared. i would be happy for you to come, for you to meet them, and though the tension was palpable, deirdre was as warm as she ever was. constantine did not know, and neither did aria--but constantine knew the vision of their father, where aria seemed to lose it. they hunted within donnelaith, and if not donnelaith, the plateau was still free territory to hunt upon. they had the forest and the sea both, plenty, and deirdre knew that if they aligned with skellige that they would be a part of his best interests--they would survive and thrive. she did not balk at his words, but took them with grace, lifting her own head in a manner not meant to challenge but in a way to assure constantine that she trusted him, trusted his judgment.

she looked to doe, who shook on her lonesome. we will take you where it is you have wished to go, she informed. they would travel the short distance to the bay together, and hopefully the journey might lift doe's spirits.
la llorona
Health - 0% (0/100)
483 Posts
Ooc — Moosebrawn
After her outburst, Doe sank deeper and deeper into the other plane which she sometimes occupied. The other three wolves slowly faded to nothing; she could still see them, but they became part of a landscape that she could not touch.

Everything seemed to move in slow motion. She watched with detatched interest as pine needles swirled from the canopy above, as dragonflies who meant to dart buzzed past almost lazily despite their ambition, and as the three wolves moved almost in sync, desplaying the sort of emotion that would frighten her on most days, but that could not touch her here.

Doe blinked up at them from her place on the ground, watching with childlike wonder as they conversed. Their voices seemed far away, like they were calling to her while she was under the waves instead of standing right next to them. All she could hear was her heartbeat, and a strange, shrill ringing that grew louder and louder with each passing second. A grey veil was descending over her eyes, but she kept them wide open as she tried to stall the wave of lethargy that suddenly gripped her. Deep breaths lead her to the conclusion:

I know this feeling. I'm going to pass out.

That would be bad, though. Doe increased her efforts, breathing as deeply and as evenly as she could when it was so hard to tell if she was breathing at all. But, gradually, her efforts paid off. The ringing receeded just in time for her to hear the tail-end of Deirdre's words. She craned her head to look imploringly at the other girl, nearly losing her balance as she did so.

"See... Szymon?" she asked hopefully, tongue feeling too-large and too-heavy in her mouth.
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
"Thank you both," Aria breathed, but felt like vomiting. She felt she'd just made Constantine angry with her for being so harsh to Deirdre-- but didn't she deserve it? She could not tell. She glances to Doe, who seems to be having some sort of a panic attack-- but calms when Deirdre speaks. 

"I will come to your territory," she repeats, and gives a head dip to the two Mayfairs. No point in apologizing now, there would be time later. With that, she gives one last glance at Doe before she begins back into the territory. 

-- last for me, hope this is a good place to stop. Arias time line is stressing me out so I'm gonna try to wrap some of these up...--
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
The stranger all but withered before them, but it did little to soothe his nerves. What type of wolves were setting up camp beside them? His eyes cast down upon Deirdre, who looked to him imploringly, and he gave a gentle shake of his head, revealing his unease to her. “I trust you, Deirdre,” he murmured, his own muzzle sweeping down to plant a kiss to her forehead. And yet her naivety truly did shine through – he could only hope her heart of gold would not be taken advantage of. “But you should have sought out Aria and Osprey right away. And after this, there are many questions I have about this pack – why do they ask us to escort them through our lands, but then deny Aria to meet their leader upon their own?”

He did not expect an answer from her – she no doubt could not know, but he also knew she would seek the answer to this. What did the wolves of the Bay hide, to feel the need to only seek a one-sided alliance?

He pulled away then, allowing the grey she-wolf space, knowing his sister would soothe her during their travels. He did not wish to spook her further, and casting a dark glance to Aria – both displeased with her outburst to his sister in such a manner, and his own shadowed thoughts on this new turn of events, he gave her a nod, sweeping forward to the direction of the Bay.
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
deirdre leaned into her brothers embrace, feeling warmed by his words, but also fretful. she admitted to him, they know i am no leader, yet. it is likely doe did not wish to displease her leader--perhaps she thought she has done something wrong in asking for aid, now, and as she looked to doe, she felt her anxiety, and also felt that constantine might understand the logic behind the thought. right and wrong between a tentative alliance still being built was difficult to know; but he was right, too--she should have. you are right, of course--i should have spoken with them, and i will when we return. aria had departed them, and deirdre herself only glanced to see her go. her brothers glower was not missed, and she moved to kiss his brow. easy, brother. how we approach this is how we will be received, she advised, though not in a manner that was condescending by any means. her tone was loving and worried both--she had felt the tension, and wished to be rid of it by the time they arrived. he had seen the gentle doe, did she seem like a woman made to wage war upon donnelaith? she knew that hate begot hate, and aggression begot aggression. she loved constantine so!

doe's quivering voice came, and deirdre smiled warmly; she knew the man she spoke of, and so she nodded. deirdre moved to the others side--she could sense the other was not well, with the way she swayed, to offer her support. do you need a moment? she asked softly, not wishing the other to injure herself.
la llorona
Health - 0% (0/100)
483 Posts
Ooc — Moosebrawn
Blinking herself back into existence, Doe glanced anxiously at Con and then quickly shook her head; it wouldn't do to make the irritated wolf wait, and she was rather anxious to get back to Szymon as well. Though her dizziness had not yet fully receeded, she forced herself to stand tall and ready.

When they had departed from the white alpha,  Doe touched her nose to Deirdre's pale shoulder. "I'm sorry," she said quietly, though she knew that Con would be able to hear her anyway. "I didn't know that our alphas had not met - that our packs were yet unknown to each other. I would never have come if I'd known it would make trouble for you."

And though she spoke the truth, Deirdre's troubles were the least of her own. She worried still about what her lord would think, and then worried more as she wondered what he planned to do about the forest wolves. Surely, considering his esteem for Deirdre, he could mean them no harm. But what if the wolves of Donnelaith meant to harm them? Gone was Doe's notion that they were all good an peaceful creatures. They were wolves, and they would do whatever nature dictated when it came to protecting themselves and their own.

Had Doe sealed their fate? Would the pale alpha now considered them a danger - or at least a pest - too near to her home? Though Doe had faith in herself and her people - and in the ocean itself - to keep the land that'd been given unto them, she couldn't help but worry about the price.

Oh my goodness. Thanks guys; this thread was crazy. My heart stopped every time I got a notification about it. You are all glorious.