Sun Mote Copse kyrie, fons bonitatis
the king of carvenstone
216 Posts
Ooc — Kae
weird post lmao

Ragna nodded, determined. She would hear of Molech, and though there was little that could sway her, she would decide only once she knew more. There were terrible gods in the world, ones who drove their worshippers to foul deeds in their name. Even Odinn, the god of her father, was celebrated with lupine sacrifice.

Eshamun told her of the many-armed god, and Ragna's imagination struggled with the imagery. She could not imagine an eight-limbed wolf, and so let her image of the god be vague. Ragna was a wolf of the sea, whose water quenched all fires. It was difficult to imagine serving a fire god. Difficult, but not impossible.

Her thoughts lined up, disorganized. Each was pressing, though, and so she spoke them in turn. What kind of sacrifice? she asked, wary. She was more than familiar with personal sacrifice, with offering up ones comfort for the sake of a cause. Next, slowly and carefully, Ragna said, I believe I am like Molech. This body of mine is that of a woman, but within my heart of hearts I am both, or neither. I do not know. She didn't often admit this, since few understood. But Eshamun, perhaps, would be more accepting than others. Ragna dared to hope.

Always I have been a Shieldmaiden. It is in my blood and heart to protect, she said. But I am too young to bear children. And did she even want to? Would she ever want to?
Messages In This Thread
kyrie, fons bonitatis - by Eshamun - August 10, 2016, 12:36 AM
RE: kyrie, fons bonitatis - by Ragna - August 12, 2016, 01:50 PM
RE: kyrie, fons bonitatis - by Eshamun - August 15, 2016, 12:13 AM
RE: kyrie, fons bonitatis - by Ragna - August 15, 2016, 02:08 PM
RE: kyrie, fons bonitatis - by Eshamun - August 16, 2016, 10:20 PM
RE: kyrie, fons bonitatis - by Ragna - August 17, 2016, 10:59 AM
RE: kyrie, fons bonitatis - by Eshamun - August 18, 2016, 09:46 PM
RE: kyrie, fons bonitatis - by Ragna - August 19, 2016, 11:49 AM
RE: kyrie, fons bonitatis - by Eshamun - August 23, 2016, 06:48 PM
RE: kyrie, fons bonitatis - by Ragna - August 24, 2016, 09:41 AM
RE: kyrie, fons bonitatis - by Eshamun - August 28, 2016, 10:18 PM