Broken Antler Fen double-back, ask for time
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
All Welcome 
Set after this thread, but acutally probably a day or two from right now.
He'd rubbed himself insistently through the grass, hoping to hide a bit of what he'd been up to - or at least make it less obvious - but Amber's scent clung to him still, and he'd accomplished nothing more than turning his fur a little green. Not that he noticed.

It was not because he was ashamed of it that he tried to hide what they'd done; rather, it just seemed impertinent to show up to a stranger's borders on a business call of all things smelling like sex. It wasn't the way he wanted to represent Steady, but he felt as though he'd tarried long enough with Amber in the mountains, and Steady'd wanted him to leave as soon as possible for a reason, after all.

So, smelling mostly like grass but still strongly of Amber, Day made his way to the Fen's borders and gave a long, friendly howl to request an audience with whoever might be around. He wasn't picky; he'd need to speak to the alpha at some point, of course, but that would come in due time. For now, he'd just be happy if he made contact with one of the fen wolves. Maybe they would know a bit about Eden themselves.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
As the leader from Broken Antler Sebastian found that he should be around the borders when there was a howl for his pack. Unless it was meant for someone private he usually stayed out of this. The howl that sounded through his valley now was an open and friendly sounding howl. Sebastian trotted towards it with his tail up.

The large male often used his size to impress others, but it was mostly a fake. After all Sebastian was a friendly male, a big lovable giant. However with him stepping up to form his own pack more assertiveness had settled in the man. As he approached his tail and head was up but in a calm manner, only to show the other that he was in fact in charge of these borders.

The grey male that had called out smelled of a female and... grass? Sebastian looked over him and nodded in greeting. "Hello," he greeted, giving the man the opportunity to tell what he wanted.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Day didn't have to wait very long before someone showed up - and this someone was a big, rangy male. Day didn't think much about it, but immediately took him to be the alpha, or at least someone of consequence.

"Hey there," he replied, offering a friendly wag of his tail. "I'm Grayday of Silvertip Mountain."

He'd thought long and hard about how he'd explain the problem to the fen, but now that he was here, it seemed simple to just come right out and say it. Whoever this man was, he didn't seem too unfriendly, and with any luck, Day could get this wrapped up here and now and start heading home. No matter what was said here, he had a lot to tell Steady.

"Steady sent me to ask something of a man named Sebastian," he explained.
What's Mine is Ours
Darkness exists to make light truly count
334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Hope you don't mind me joining!

A howl rang in her ears and a familiar scent drifted to her nose.  So she started out in that direction.  By the time she arrived she sat and watched from a distance, just catching the last part of the males sentence.  "...man named Sebastian."  Curious and wandering what this was all about she approached a little closer but still stayed a little distance away.  About five feet.

As she watched the two, she found herself trying harder and harder to figure out what that scent was on the new male.  Sure she could smell some female and and grass... but there was something else.  It was just on the tip of her tongue.

The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Not at all. I was not sure if Odette was hidden or not. PM if you want to change it.

Sebastian's ears perked up when the man said he was from Silvertip. He had mixed feelings about this grey wolf showing up. He was not going to let them take Odette away, never in his life. And they had an agreement that they would contact Silvertip if or when Odette was ready to see them. So there was mixed feelings about this male's intentions indeed. However Sebastian was not going to be rude to him.

"I'm Sebastian," he returned, noting the friendly tail wag. Perhaps he just came out of friendliness or perhaps not even for Odette at all. Sebastian's ear turned when he caught some movement behind him. It was Odette. Oh.. boy. "What is it you wanted to ask?," he inquired. Not sure if he should address Odette to go away or stay with him.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Yaaay!
It was a relief to know that he already had the alpha in his sights, and that he wouldn't have to beg for an audience or go and search him out himself. Day had already suspected who he'd been talking to, but it was always better to be safe than sorry in these sort of situations.

"Pleasure to meet you," he said with a dip of his head, but then quickly went on to explain the situation. "A few days ago, a woman named Eden came to us asking to join the pack - when we found out that she'd come from the fen, Steady just wanted to make sure she was in good standing with y'all..."

His eyes slipped to Odette as he spoke, and for a moment he thought that maybe he'd seen her before - but it was only a trick of the light. "Uh..." Where was he? "Said he didn't want to do anything to jeopordize your friendship."

Message delivered, Day waited for a response to bring back to his family.
What's Mine is Ours
334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Odie is in sight.  :)

Everything was great despite that scent that she was trying to figure out.  Until she heard the name.  That name.  Steady.  Anger an fear began to course through her, but this time Odie would not be timid as usual when meeting someone new.  No.  Now that she was very sure she knew what scent that was and now that Steady was in the mix she didn't care about being cautious of the stranger.

As soon as the Silvertip male finished Odie began to stalk straight towards him, death in her eyes.

As soon as she reached Sebastian and the other she looked the Silvertip man straight in the eye and spoke five icy words.  "You are not welcomed here."

The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
OOOHHH

Sebastian listened to when the other started to talk. Ah. The Eden story. Sebastian didn't have hard feelings to her going to Silvertip. If she was happier there than with them Sebastian was not a wolf to demand that they would stay loyal to him. Only friction would come from it and it didn't help. The grey male was about to reply when Odette stalked forward, luckily she didn't attack (yet), and spoke five words in a tone he never heard before.

Sebastian cleared his throat. "Grayday. I have no problems with Eden becoming part of your pack. She didn't feel at home here and I truly hope she does feel more at home at Silvertip," he spoke, as he did he kept a careful eye on Odette and make sure to block her if she would attack this male that was far bigger than her. He didn't want to have a fight at his borders, or have the whole Silvertip gang here in attack of hurting one of their members.

"However, as you can see from Odette's reaction, it is better that no Silvertip wolf comes here. I told Steady I would send a messenger if Odette was ever ready to see any Silvertip wolf but it was most likely that he wouldn't hear from us again... I need to ask you that you leave right now and keep to Steady's promise to not visit us until we would come to Silvertip. I believe that is the better way," he spoke assertively. He was not to be messed with or be talked back to. His words were clear but calm and he hoped that he would stay in control of the situation. Grayday seemed polite and he hoped that the male wouldn't make a fuss about being send away.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
The little girl did not, apparently, like being looked at. Her eyes, so like Addie's, flashed in something a lot like hatred - and Grayday thought it said a lot more about him that it did about her when he realized he felt a little guilty. Two quick steps backward were made to counter the girl's advance, and he flicked his dull eyes toward Sebastian to see what the alpha would make of it.

No aggression so far, but he couldn't expect that to last. Hell, he'd side with Addie any day against some blinding stranger. So Day thanked the Cat and Calf when the man seemed to take no offense, though his words were firm. Eden had told the truth, apparently, but that was now the least of the Silvertip wolf's concerns. His eyes flickered between man and girl as he spoke, widening as he realized that this was Adeline's sister in front of her.

"Beg your pardon," he said with a swift dip of his head as Sebastian finished his thought. He hadn't gotten the history lesson before setting off, though he knew that Adeline had had siblings who were 'no longer with them' - he'd assumed that meant the more permenant kind of depature. "Probably they thought it would be okay, since I didn't get to Silvertip until after she - left?" Day shook his head, deciding it was unimportant. "I'll let them know. Thank you for your time."

Turning away from the border and the painful sight of Odette's unsmiling face, Day hurried away from Sebastian's land.

Poor Oddie!
What's Mine is Ours
334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Sebastian had spoken to Steady.  He had actually done it.  Fear rippled through her as she listened to his words, no longer paying as much attention to Grayday anymore.  Her Father had betrayed her.  The man who she had placed in enough trust to call Father had spoken to Steady behind her back.

Odie stood frozen.

As soon as Grayday left though she turned to her Father for a moment fear in her green eyes.  "You never told me."  Then Odie began running.  While she would come back soon because she would stay for the pups, she needed some alone time.

Some alone time away from the world.

The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian watched with wide eyes what happened. Grayly left, luckily, but soon after Odette left too. The male watched his daughter run off. His heart skipped a bit. "Odette wait!!!," he called out and wanted to run after her. He let out a howl, a fatherly one, to call her back. He didn't want her to run from him. He never meant to hurt her with that. It was only to inform Steady, but how could she know if he never explained it to her??

Sebastian let out a long sigh, he clearly screwed up. He would need to talk to @Pearl about this. He ran back into the territory to his mate to tell her. Because now they all needed to be vigilant for Odie's return, or perhaps even go look for her.

Tagging Pearl for visibility because he would instantly tell her what happened after this happened.