Silver Creek Pencils and Pens
239 Posts
Ooc — Lia
Away
Spring's voice turned flirty as she strode toward him, a smirk playing across her pretty face. It was a side of her he hadn't seen yet, and he enjoyed it. He returned the smirk, watching as she dropped herself back to normal. She, unlike himself and even Amber, was not one who flirted openly. But, perhaps, it made the rare glimpses of her flirty side all the more interesting, all that more attractive.

He gave a noncommittal hum to her question, his eyes not leaving her approaching form. "Mm. I hadn't paid much mind to the waters yet, honestly. Something else had caught my eye, you see." He did not allow his eyes to travel her body, they stayed fixed on her face, occasionally glancing away. He didn't want to seem a letch, on top of the fact that she was his leader and he wanted to be respectful. His grin was soft as he turned to appraise the waters. "They are also gorgeous, this land's name comes as no surprise."  He agreed.

He grinned and lifted his head at her pleasure to see him. "The pleasure is all mine, I assure you. I have nothing to complain about, I was just contemplating if I should attempt to take a meal to Rowan. She told me her mate had passed on, I was hoping to be helpful." He shrugged his shoulders, mouth pulling into a slight frown. "I didn't want to seem intrusive though. We'd only met the once." He glanced to Spring, obviously hoping for her input on the situation. "How does this lovely day find you, Alpha Spring?" His smirk returned to his face, but her mention of Amber brought his face to a more serious expression.

He wondered exactly how much the sisters had discussed him. For Spring to say that she would have hoped Amber would have told him about the pregnancy herself, it made him curious. Of course there was no way for him to ask her. "It's been one thing after another it seems, I agree." Amber was a more difficult subject to speak of, he realized. Though it struck him that he wasn't sure why. Did he not want Spring to know he'd found Amber attractive too? Was he worried it would hurt her feelings? The realization surprised him, but he decided honesty was the best course.

"Amber told me, yes." He sighed, shaking his head. "It surprised me, honestly, we had a little...not an arguement but...harsh words about it. Mostly at first because it seemed...she was blaming me for not picking up on signals that she'd given." He glanced towards Spring, frowning. "Amber is a beautiful woman, truly." He felt that he had to explain himself. He wasn't insulting Spring's sister. "When she and I had talked I enjoyed her company. But I don't like the idea of leaping into a relationship. I don't truly know Amber, we'd talked maybe twice." He shrugged, sighing. "I'm not that kind of brute. I want a mate that is my dearest friend before she's my mate. I take the whole thing very seriously, which I know might seem odd because I flirt so much... but I truly do. I wouldn't enter it lightly." He glanced towards Spring.

"I...think I just didn't feel as strong of a connection to Amber." Unknowingly, he was phrasing it to suggest a stronger connection to Spring. He didn't mention Amber's words about Spring, feeling it better not to. "I'll admit I'm still a little hurt over the whole thing, that she would blame me or seem to blame me. And," Here he exhaled and grimaced, slight anger tinting his features. "I really...don't agree with the thing with the males, honestly. I just...I've already said how serious I take a mateship, and so to lie to a brute about children..." His nose wrinkled in distaste. "I mean if he ever finds out, it'll be heartbreaking for him. I can't imagine that pain. I didn't tell her that though, we were already on bad terms so I just left it. I suppose it's not really my business anyway."

He, of course, didn't realize that Amber would have kept the details of there being two males from Spring. He looked to Spring fully now. "Sorry, I didn't meant to go on a tangent I just...well, I wanted you to know. I felt like it was important you know why Amber and I...exchanged words." He didn't want her to think anything bad of him, didn't want anything to suggest that he was not interested in Spring herself, because he was. He regarded her for a moment, interest sparking in him. What was her opinion of the male thing? Did she agree with it? If she did it'd be a telling thing about her personality, one that he would need to be aware of since it rubbed him so wrongly. "What is your opinion about the thing with the brutes? I know she's your sister but...how do you feel about it?"
Messages In This Thread
Pencils and Pens - by Spring - October 01, 2016, 11:15 AM
RE: Pencils and Pens - by Heston - October 06, 2016, 05:58 PM
RE: Pencils and Pens - by Spring - October 07, 2016, 03:06 PM
RE: Pencils and Pens - by Heston - October 08, 2016, 02:17 PM
RE: Pencils and Pens - by Spring - October 08, 2016, 08:06 PM
RE: Pencils and Pens - by Heston - October 10, 2016, 06:22 PM
RE: Pencils and Pens - by Spring - October 15, 2016, 08:14 PM
RE: Pencils and Pens - by Heston - October 17, 2016, 08:06 PM
RE: Pencils and Pens - by Spring - October 20, 2016, 11:33 PM
RE: Pencils and Pens - by Heston - October 24, 2016, 05:22 PM
RE: Pencils and Pens - by Spring - October 27, 2016, 06:18 PM