Hushed Willows Benign
i'd raise the sea in your name
112 Posts
Ooc — torvi
that is fine with me! <3 also this post took a turn i wasn't expecting. :0

His ears perked atop his skull as a (sharp) bark sounded through the sudden silence of the night, and his ears fell back against his skull when it sunk in a few seconds later that it was Banner. He'd know her voice anywhere, after all. A myriad of emotions went through the dark wraith then as he looked down at his less than graceful kill and the consideration that Banner was on her way and had likely been roused by all the noise. An assassin made quick, efficient, unnoticed kills. Did that ...mean he was getting rusty? The consideration, no doubt a product of The Officer's conditioning, sent a paralyzing wave of fear through him. He was losing his touch. He was losing his touch and he was going to be punished for it. No, no. Buchanan took a deep breath in an attempt to compose himself, to keep back the flashback that threatened to draw him into the past. The Officer wasn't alive anymore. Though Buchanan bore no mark for it he had killed him. There would be no punishment for a sloppy kill; but oh! the fear was debilitating as it wracked down his spine.

The trickle of blood down his cheek was warm where it seeped into his fur. He hadn't even came out of it unscathed. It was ...the kill of a child not a man full grown whose only purpose had been to kill. Silver eyes averted to the frost covered ground at his paws as his wife came into his view. An equal mixture of shame and embarrassment flooded through him. He couldn't look at her. Didn't dare look at the broken corpse of the barn owl he'd caught for her. It was a disgrace to his skills and a disgrace to offer to her in such a state. “I'm sorry.” He offered her simply, quietly. Though whether he was apologizing for giving her the wrong impression, for the noise, or for the broken state of the owl he wasn't sure. Perhaps all three.
you are my sun and i am your moon
helplessly, irrevocably drawn to you
there is nothing i wouldn't do for you
Messages In This Thread
Benign - by Buchanan - December 02, 2016, 03:57 PM
RE: Benign - by Banner - December 03, 2016, 08:00 PM
RE: Benign - by Buchanan - December 04, 2016, 04:30 PM
RE: Benign - by Banner - December 04, 2016, 04:44 PM
RE: Benign - by Buchanan - December 18, 2016, 08:00 AM