Sea Lion Shores The Sea as my guide, but the Moon as my prayer
May we know them Δ May we be them Δ May we raise them
25 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
All Welcome 
[ooc]Hiya! Another Nerdy post for you lot! @Thexxan @Astraios @Akantha @Meteora @Gypsy @Indie @Illecebra @Laneira  although anyone is welcom for join me on the beach!!!!
[/ooc]
She had once again found herself at the Sea, a steady limp in her gait from the harsh conditions on her paw. Her right paw had stopped bleeding, with her incessant licking of the small crack. Although her stomach rumbled having spent the night in the cave, and ignoring her stomachs needs in exchange for the warmth the cave had offered her. Her spirites lifted as she saw the sea, as it always did when she could smell the salt in the air and the sand beneath her paws. 

Cathenna didn't go for a swim as she had a few days ago, instead she merely stood at the edge of the water. Listening to the song of the tides and the currents, and the squawking of the sea birds. Dipping her nose in the water as the small wave came to meet her paws, she snorted as the water filled her snout. Pouncing away from the water, flinging the liquid with her head. Landing on her paws, she grinned from ear to ear, as the cold winds off the water ruffled her light tan and silver coat.
she needed a hero, so that's what she became 
Cathenna's Paw-prints
Hunter trade: I II III IV V/5
5 Posts
Ooc — inactive
*Nerdsunite*

In her mouth, Laneira carried a pure white shell she had found, and had decided it would make an excellent offering for Doris the next time the full moon rose. There was no shortage of pretty rocks along the beach, but for some reason, Laneira preferred to gift shells to her deity; they came from creatures that lived in the sea, whereas rocks could be found anywhere...Though beach rocks were particularly beautiful. Had she chosen a formal densite, she would have lined it with pure white sea rocks, but she generally used only seashells and other rare objects to gift to the sea. Whatever she liked best would be a gift, and she never kept those precious things from her most beloved deity. 

She saw a female wolf in the distance just as she lowered her muzzle as though to drink, and almost shouted out to warn her of the sea's taste, but before she could, a wave rushed in and gave her all the warning she needed. Away the creature danced, nimbly on graceful feet, like a beautiful leaf dancing on the wind. The woman had an affinity for the ocean, that much was clear, and thus the stranger endeared herself to Laneira. She might not have been a Nereid, but at least she felt drawn to the ocean and danced with it as though it was a partner. 

When she neared, she dipped her head in a greeting and placed the white shell on the beach carefully, inspecting the female with an amused silver gaze. "χαιρετισμούς," She said, in greeting, realizing the other would not likely understand her- but as it was her mother tongue, she used it as a default anyway.
12 Posts
Ooc — Java
[table width=70%][tr][td]
With the aid of the all-knowing priestess, the troupe makes their way up the coast without being detected.

Briefly Astraios is led by his nose through a thicket of smouldering trees, their massive trunks stained black with soot; he investigates for the sake of Meteora in case there are dangers lurking near — but before long they are off again, together, finding secret paths betwixted the stone and surf, until they've reached a thick outstretch of shoreline.

There, he spies the moon-blessed Laneira speaking with the lone woman; it is not someone he is familiar with, but he approaches all the same. The two are talking, so Astraios keeps to himself (something he would've done even if he had found them alone and singular), and lurks in the periphery, waiting to be of use should either siren need him.
[/td][/tr][/table]
25 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Im posting just because I am so bored! But all are still welcome!

Cathenna was surprised to find another woman approaching. The intensity of the salty air increased slightly as seh approached, as if bringing another Sea with her. She was pelted in a vibrant pure white, existing in stark contrast to the dull sand that surrounded them both. Was she another Sister? Cathenna had yet to find the group of Nereides that had been traveling in the area, her chapped paws preventing through travel. 

Had she been any other wolf, perhaps Cathenna would have been embarassed to be found galavanting around on the beach, but Cathenna was a divine daughter. And so she had no qualms about dancing on the beach, showing her joy at life to the Mother Sea. 

As the woman spoke however she took a slight step back, perhaps seeming as if she did not understand the words spoken. And yet she heard them clear, as clear as the light of the day. Her jaw falling open slightly, and her tail swayed in her sense of excitement. "Και ευχές σε σένα, αδελφή."  She Cathenna dipped her head, greeting the woman appropriatley.

Her eyes wandered to the male as he arrived, no! Not again. She growled at him, snapping her jaws at him with a short bark, warning him not interfer. She had been interupted by a male last time she tried to greet a sister, and it would not happen again. 
I do want you here Astraios! I don't mean to offend
Cathenna's Paw-prints
5 Posts
Ooc — inactive
Ouu! What's the hover code? I just can't remember it, so I can't do the hover thing.

At first, the woman's reaction indicated that she was not familiar with Laneira's tongue. She considered, in that moment, that she could speak in English, as much as she often refrained from doing so, simply because this was a wolf who enjoyed the ocean and she deserved a greeting in a tongue she understood. To Laneira, English was a lower language, used by wolves who had no culture or beliefs, and could simply be ignored, though there were those who came to the Nereides from the wilds who yearned to be a part of their culture, and who acclimatized to it fairly well. It took time and patience, teaching all the rituals and the language, but if it was meant to be, it was meant to be. 

But to her surprise and delight, the woman spoke in Greek, and Laneira found herself wondering for a moment if she had not come to a land in which a pack was already well established. She was about to speak and enquire further when the male approached; she'd forgotten his name already, if he'd even given her one, and cast a wary glance his way. Had he followed her? The other woman's reaction did not startle Laneira, but pleased her. It appeared as though she was of a similar background; some Nereides were more lenient toward males, but Laneira was of the more traditional upbringing which meant that she viewed them as little more than servants. Obviously, this female did not like being interrupted as she lashed out, inferring that he should back off and leave them in peace. Laneira, naturally, agreed, and bared her teeth, curling her alabaster tail over her back in a warning. 

He had been quiet before, but she wasn't sure she liked the idea that she'd seen him again so soon...He must have been trailing them. She then turned her face away, simply assuming he would back off and leave them to have their conversation, and addressed the woman before her. "Είστε ένας Νηρηίδες, στη συνέχεια," She said, her tone obviously pleased. "Είμαι Laneira Νηρηίδες, σειρήνα πτυχή, της Sirensong όρμο." She said. "Στην οποία αδελφότητα να ανήκετε?" She asked, then, keen on discovering which group this female belonged to. 

"You are of the Nereides, then," she sadi, her tone obviously pleased. "I am Laneira Nereides, siren aspect, of Sirensong Cove. To which sisterhood do you belong?"
12 Posts
Ooc — Java
Not to worry, this ain't my first rodeo~! <3 Feel free to skip him or PP him from here on out, he's in the background.

[table width=70%][tr][td]
He isn't there long before the gold-dappled woman spots him and lashes out with her teeth. Her snap resounds across the beach, punctuated by the waves as they thrust their way up and back, up and back. Astraios doesn't expect the aggression outright, not when he hadn't done anything to warrant it, so he shrinks back on instinct; yet he does not retaliate. The thought of doing so doesn't even enter his mind. The boy slips back and loiters beyond the reach of both sirens — away from the teeth as well as the tongues. He doesn't know what they speak of and instead focuses on scouring the beach for who-knows-what.
[/td][/tr][/table]
25 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Cathenna watched gladly as the dark male wandered of to do other male sort of things, she wasn't sure what males did in their spare time, but gave no thought once she saw him back away. "Πράγματι." She was glad to have found another who spoke her tongue. Laneira. The thought the name over, playing it in her mind.  "Έχω Cathenna Νηρηίδες της ακτής Themiscrya, τρέχουσα είμαι Amazon Μύστης." Cathenna paused ever so slightly, wondering what other information might be relevant, "Αδελφότητα μου ήταν Αμαζονίου επίκεντρο φυλή, τουλάχιστον μου έχουν πει ότι δεν είναι η περίπτωση με πολλές Νηρηίδες πακέτα." 

Cathenna had been born at a time when things were changing within her pack, the matriarch passing had been difficult and happened right after her own birth. Many within her pack had been interested in reverting back to their roots and becoming a more balance pack. That was until the dispersal. Cathenna had been named after the Godess Athen, and her mothers had hoped that she might bring balance to their tribe. Although she was still working on her Siren side, she was a good warrior and a great huntress.
Cathenna's Paw-prints