Sleeping Dragon pulse
Did someone say plants?
526 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
Dio held back no information, at least as far as she could tell, but right away the skayona felt guilty for making him talk so much. she trusted him now, she didn't need all this, she was just generally a nosey person. oh well, it'd already been spilled, and she judged him for none of it. a soft smile covered her mouth as he spoke, leaning her head against his neck as he explained the situation. he rambled a bit, but she didn't stop him, finding it both interesting and sort of cute... he seemed to care about this family, the mess of them, even though he maybe made some decisions he regretted. even though he didn't seem to be very involved, they appeared to have left an impact on him. she made note of it.

his next question caught her off guard, and she ended up leaning her head away from him for a brief moment before shifting her gaze at him quickly and then back down. "i'm usually better at worrying about other mother's kids... less for me to screw up, less responsibility," she explained, growing quiet for a moment. now that she thought about it, really, she couldn't remember the last time she'd felt that way about responsibility. since she'd joined Drageda she'd felt a strong sense of purpose, and no longer found that daily chores and duties a bother-- she rather liked the responsibility now. she pondered it for a moment, ears pricking. "i guess i've never given it much thought though, hun," she added finally.
green text signifies trigedasleng.
[time & tide]
479 Posts
Ooc — -
Guardian
Warrior
In looking back, and considering all he'd seen to in living on the Dragon, it all seemed so far away so perhaps he'd just been distanced enough from it all to finally have the indifference he wanted. While not.. harshly so, he could at least look forward with a shred of hope now. Days past, several months ago, and he would've likely been hard-pressed to do any of the same.. but no, he hoped they'd persist, wherever they'd all ended up -- perhaps even scattered to the winds by now, here and there.

Anyway, he suspected the question might come off a little sudden, and thus any answers could be kind of spurred on by that. "I get that, and it is very true.." he replied, perhaps a little relieved in secret that she could see it from that perspective. Viviana had been clear puppies were her intentions, among all her other ambitions. Dio did find it sort of "take it or leave it" type of opinion now that he had experience to draw upon. Parts of him missed it, others had grown comfortable not always thinking of offspring first. "Yeah. I guess neither did I until it happened." And for him, that meant more than just doing the deed; Viviana's litters had been ones he'd wanted to stay around for, somehow. Either a skilled maneuver of hers or some courtesy of eventual maturity seeping into a younger Dio's bones, he always guessed it was a bit of both at play and didn't exactly know how to delve into a deeper depth of the topic.

When it seemed right he let the conversation ease towards a ponderous silence, but he kept it all close to his heart. He didn't know the fullest extent of it, but soon, he'd have a lot more to consider. Far more than just this. But for now, all was well. He was happy.

Ideally, he'd nap a bit here with Portia before returning to his next round of patrol.

i'm fading to make room for more new fresh stuff but <3 <3 <3