Silver Creek Let's get it percolatin', while you're waitin'
346 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Both Sunspot and Heston seemed perturbed about the circumstances of Reek and company's claim on the glade. Tambourine swallowed and shrugged awkwardly. "I don't really know," he said honestly. "I wasn't there," he added. He wasn't trying to escape blame, it was simply a fact. He couldn't speak to the details and wouldn't speculate. He shot the pair an apologetic look.

"No, it was before the weather got really bad," Tambourine said, shaking his head and biting back a sigh. "They just vanished into thin air. All of them. Except for me and Silas," he repeated. "Then Reek showed up at the borders and asked us to come with him. We," he continued, taking a deep breath mid-sentence, "didn't have any other choice. Neither one of us is even a year old. He's a hunter but I don't have any skills or anything, so..."

He realized he was babbling. Tambourine pressed his lips together. A strange feeling crept over him as he wondered if he'd said too much. He was usually an open book who talked and shared a lot. But there was something about the expressions on his new acquaintances' faces that gave him pause. What if he'd unwittingly stirred trouble between this pack and his own? The boy swallowed.

"I should probably get back," he said, offering his hosts a weak smile. "Thanks for talking to me. And trying to help." He slowly waved his gray tail. "See you later." Tambourine gave Sunspot a quick smile and Heston a bow of his head before the youth turned and began shuffling back in the direction of the glade.
Messages In This Thread
Let's get it percolatin', while you're waitin' - by Heston - January 26, 2017, 11:01 PM
RE: Let's get it percolatin', while you're waitin' - by Tambourine - February 09, 2017, 12:34 PM