Firefly Glen new day
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Liffey felt herself holding her breath after her reply as she awaited Rannoch's. When it came, she relaxed visibly and smiled brightly at him. He dismissed the pack then and she felt even more relieved. As much as she wanted to meet the rest of her new packmates, she had realized the moment she saw him how terribly she'd missed him. I'd like to say she wasn't sure why she'd felt that way, but the truth is, she knew perfectly well - she was just in self-protective denial.

Her eyes fell on Cypress first as he accepted his dismissal amiably. Liffey canted her head as he spoke to her, then laughed lightly at his comment. She returned Rian's smile as he left as well, overwhelmed with joy at how good it felt to be so easily and happily accepted by wolves who were so completely unfamiliar with her. She'd not realized how nervous she'd been at meeting the others in this pack she'd devoted herself to. She'd come from being the sole daughter of alphas - it had never been a question before of someone liking her. They'd had to, or at least they'd had to act like it, and Liffey had never questioned one way or the other. This was a completely new world for her - one where her position and popularity were not guaranteed. As easy as this had been, Liffey was not naive enough to think it always would be.

But, in any event, Liffey soon found herself alone with Rannoch. In spite of her desire to hang out with him, she suddenly felt overwhelmed with shyness. With a smile and a mumble of gratitude, she too turned to slip away into the woods to find some solitude where she could work on calming her nerves.
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
Messages In This Thread
new day - by Rannoch’s Ghost - April 17, 2017, 07:59 AM
RE: new day - by Cypress - April 17, 2017, 07:31 PM
RE: new day - by Rian - April 18, 2017, 02:23 PM
RE: new day - by Liffey - April 19, 2017, 12:59 PM
RE: new day - by Rannoch’s Ghost - April 25, 2017, 12:28 PM
RE: new day - by Cypress - May 04, 2017, 10:06 PM
RE: new day - by Rian - May 14, 2017, 06:43 PM
RE: new day - by Liffey - May 16, 2017, 10:54 AM
RE: new day - by Rannoch’s Ghost - May 17, 2017, 05:45 PM
RE: new day - by Cypress - May 20, 2017, 11:50 AM