Stone Circle I deserve it, I know I hurt you with the truth
if your wings are broken, borrow mine so yours can open too
130 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Clary had been daydreaming, snuggled up between Steph and Ezra and listening to their soft breathing and the heavy rhythm which raged somewhere beyond her world. She hadn't yet given up her attempts to crawl past the Great Warmth to discover the Unknown, but the art of escape proved exhausting, and even she needed rest. One day, the Great Warmth would let her see the Unknown. Yup, Clary was sure of that. But today she remained content to disappear into the abstract realm of smell and touch, and this strange new thing to her - sound.

Sound, which suddenly seemed to rip the world apart.

Clary didn't have time, or capacity, to understand what happened in the mouth of the Unknown. All she knew was that the Great Warmth had torn herself away, quick and with a sound, unlike anything Clary's ears had heard before. Guttural, and she felt a new thing - fear. She let out a wail - and fell silent to a louder and more wrenching cry. Steph. The noise prompted a response in her she couldn't make sense of, and her world unfolded to a realm beyond smell and touch and sound. She swung her head toward the sound of her sister, and for the first time, her tiny eyelids pried open.

Sight. She staggered in surprise. Sure, she'd always known things had shape and form - having felt the warmth of her siblings and the Great Warmth, but to see them. The walls she'd scooted against, the brother she'd probably crawled over more times than she would ever be able to count. Clary didn't really understand, but she accepted this reality with as much ease as she'd accepted the plunge into this colder, wider world. The little girl swung her head around until could see a light blur - the Unknown - and she felt a tremor of excitement before her fuzzy sight fixed instead on where she could smell her sister and hear her wails. With a quick crawl, she pushed herself away from Ezra's side and scuttled closer to Steph with a quiet whimper and a nuzzle against her, to try and calm both Steph's fear and her own.
Messages In This Thread
I deserve it, I know I hurt you with the truth - by Burr - September 08, 2017, 08:52 PM
RE: I deserve it, I know I hurt you with the truth - by Steph - September 09, 2017, 12:05 PM
RE: I deserve it, I know I hurt you with the truth - by Clary - September 09, 2017, 10:28 PM
RE: I deserve it, I know I hurt you with the truth - by Burr - September 10, 2017, 09:38 PM
RE: I deserve it, I know I hurt you with the truth - by Steph - September 11, 2017, 06:09 PM
RE: I deserve it, I know I hurt you with the truth - by Clary - September 11, 2017, 10:18 PM
RE: I deserve it, I know I hurt you with the truth - by Burr - September 12, 2017, 07:21 PM