Moonspear Story telling
51 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
All Welcome 
@Charon or @Amekaze Kota is at the border and has no intention of crossing without permission.

The young grey male traveled far as he thought about the pack he wanted to join into. Kota was really hoping that the pack he is in will approve of the trade he is pursueing, he enjoyed being able to share the many stories that he had grown up with all his life, taught to him by his dear mother and he couldn't wait to be able to share them with others. The kind hearted male makes it to the border of a pack and lets out a lone howl requesting to speak with someone.
parts of stars, parts of legends
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
It was relatively rare that he get to follow his dam on her patrol, so when he was able to, he was keyed in.

A howl went up and he was actually nearby, so all of his senses perked. Amekaze urged him on. She was curious to measure his ability at this, but she would be near. She then disappeared into the cover of the woods.. but he still felt her there, and he knew it was all on him now. He would stall no longer and approached the stranger forwardly.

His coat had grown in dense and plush for the wintertime by now, but it could not blanket the ranginess of a juvenile in full. Plus, he was as inexperienced as they came at this flying "solo" on the borders and greeting these sorts of situations--but based on his appearances as a youth here, and the scents he wore, it was clear enough to any that he was very much of this towering mountain. "Hey!" the boy greeted, a little too loud as he finished his route down the path to him. "Were you the one who called?" He came to a stop a few paces away from the stranger, still eyeballing him with a wiggling nose. "Hey, so, what do you want?"
ame will lurk and come in if he needs her :) sorry for the wait on this!!
[Image: FTnkWJH.png]
51 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Kota bowed his head with respect. "I am Kota of the Tindome pack and I am pursueing the trade of storyteller. I was wondering if I could possibably share one of my stories? I could stay here if need be." He knew that they would probably not let a stranger into their lands and he was fine with that, as long as he could share a story, the male would be content.
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
He was wide-eyed and all ears to the answer he received. He was a little alarmed at his generosity for just coming here and looking to share a story, and he couldn't quite see the harm in it so far--it sounded pretty pleasant to him, even if this guy was completely out of nowhere to him. Usually the situations he asked about involved some kind of negative outcome, like trespassers and useless loners looking to mooch. His lessons hadn't really included what to do with a random storyteller from a place he'd never even heard about, so he'd go with his gut--and it said why not hear a story? As long as they stayed here, and Jarilo continued to not find a reason to not feel alright with it.

"Uh. Yeah, sure. What kind do you got?" he asked, trying to find a conversational tone for I know what I'm doing along the way as he stood with his dark paws squared--all official. He had heard some pretty good ones from either parent, and even Wraen, so Jarilo had standards. Since he couldn't help himself from more questions before he really even had answers: "Is that.. what you do? Go around and sprinkle stories?"
51 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
The wolf sure asked a lot of questions but Kota was ready to answer them all. "Well in order to stay in the pack, I have to earn a trade and I'm really close to earning my storyteller trade. I'm really just wandering around in hopes that someone would care to hear one of my stories." The young wolf finished and waited for the wolf to respond.
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
He didn't have a very good concept of any other packs and how they worked. This was an unfamiliar piece of insight he was given. He nodded along as the storyteller answered, and decided not to pry about that exactly. His only exposure to any of it was how Moonspear worked, where he enjoyed the comfort of a familial embrace. "Hm, okay.." he tipped his muzzle down, somewhat curious about what else motivated him or if he wanted something in exchange--well, besides officially earning his title so he could stay at the pack. "Well, let me hear one? I can listen. Is there more I should do?" he flashed the tips of his teeth in a mischievous (vaguely questionable) grin of his.
51 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Kota was excited that the wolf wanted to hear one of his stories. "No, there's not anything in particular that you have to do." He stated before introducing the title of his story. "The story is called The Wild Spirit."
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
Well, it was even easier than expected. With nothing needed done, Jarilo gave the storyteller one last very serious nod, and sat his rump down on the cold earth. He tucked his tail in tight around his paws and was all ears aimed his way. The Wild Spirit seemed like good subject matter to him, so even with just the title, he had his attention without interruption for the moment.
51 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Kota saw that the wolf was intrigued and that was a great sign at least to him anyway. The male began his story. " A lone black wolf dashed across the great open plains. Her white tipped paws barely touching the soft white snow. Her bright gold eyes were wide with mirth and freedom. She was wild and would always be. A while ago strange creatures had encircled her, carrying oddly shaped sticks and what seemed to be a mass of vines. But she was fearless like most wolves and fought bravely until all of the strange creatures left. The animals' behaviors had befuddled her." Kota paused for a slight moment so that the other wolf could think of his thoughts so far before continuing. "All of the other tundra residents knew that the wolf was king and not even the massive grizzly bear dared to go against this fearless ruler of the wild. However, the much smaller animals did. She didn't put much thought into it any longer and galloped onward across her frozen kingdom. After a mile or two, the young wolf paused a moment to think. She was a lone wolf and could go anywhere or do anything she wanted. No two-legged animal or bear or any other creature could break her wild spirit." Kota concluded his story and waited for his response.
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
With the imagery given, he could get a good picture of this tale--this wolf, and her life. For the briefest of moments, Kota's story granted him a little peek into the life of this wolf that had been notable enough to keep the legend of around. Jarilo wondered what that would be like.. or if that wolf had ever even existed at all. "Ooh even the bear?" he quipped, having heard plenty about them from his family who knew them all too well. One of mama's scars had been from a bear, she had told him once. "That's cool. What do you think the strange creatures were?" he asked. He had never heard about something even doing that.. so would have to ask Wraen about it; she seemed to know a lot about strange things like that.
51 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Thanks for the thread feel free to post one last time so that I may archive.

Kota shook his head. "No, I'm afraid I don't know what that creature was." Kota was happy and proud that this wolf enjoyed his story and his tail swayed back and forth slightly. "Thank you for taking the time to listen to my story."
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
His ears splayed out but he nodded along, choosing the ponder over the strange creatures more later without more to explain them. "You're welcome. I'll.. I dunno, let the leaders know you stopped by," he said, remembering his pack name since he guessed they'd like to know that; it seemed like something they would appreciate hearing. Maybe. He was still learning what were useful sorts of notes.

After saying a quick goodbye, the aspiring guardian watched him take his leave. When he was out of sight, he went about his small patrol to see what else he may find out here.
you're welcome! i'll archive it ;D