Mount Everfall down in a hole, and I don't know if I can be saved
see my heart, i decorate it like a grave
119 Posts
Ooc — Somniari
He was definitely relieved, but-- more than that, it was a bit of a shocking confession. Nathaniel's own family dynamic had been less than stellar; it didn't put him in much of a position to judge, though it was... unique. Flicking one ear back, he regarded her with curiosity for a moment. Clearly the story behind her origin was complicated, at the very least.
I used to live by the ocean— in a different land. The ex-soldier admitted, thinking back a bit fondly to his time there. The coast where his pack had been forced to temporarily settle spent half the year smothered by storms, and the other half as a paradise. Nat had found the two states equally endearing, in their own ways; there was something oddly peaceful about the storms.
It had not been their home when they fell-- he often found himself wishing it still was their home. None of it might have ever happened.
But that was not the conversation at hand, was it? He continued: It's a beautiful place; unforgiving, but many beautiful things are harsh.

Then he paused, uncertain if the girl was wanting some kind of... advice. Nat wasn't the best at advice. This Tindómë— your new home. It sounds like a good start. If you use it well, I don't doubt you will achieve your goals.
i've eaten the sun,
so my tongue has been burned of the taste

Mona is allowed in ALL of Nathaniel's threads, including private ones.
Messages In This Thread
RE: down in a hole, and I don't know if I can be saved - by Nathaniel Sr. - January 24, 2018, 07:16 PM