Ankyra Sound one gonna hold my memories, another gonna close the door
you're going to keep my soul,
it was yours to have long ago
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
All Welcome 

it was no use -- frustrated, soggy, and very tired, ingram scrambled exhausted to the shore.

he had spent the morning worrying a small band of seals -- the females were tenacious in protecting their young, and every attempt he had made was immediately frustrated by baying protest and gnashing teeth. for all their sausagey, rolly-polly physique, he was surprised how forceful they were -- and more than once he had come close to feeling their teeth on his hide.

grumpily he circled around a rock and watched them, bathing cocksure and unphased on the strand. he supposed he could run through and rouse them again, but they had grown accustomed to his presence, and only moved aside feet with each roving pass. for now he settled on a jettisoned and sea-carved rock, his hungry gaze trailing their soft and fleshy sides.
i'm gonna hold a pen
while you drag my arm across the page.
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Arrille scented Ingram nearby, and decided that maybe he could have some fun again. So with that intent, he began heading Ingram's way, letting out a loud woof to let him know that he was nearby. "Ingram, you about?!" he called out, as he could not see him just yet. "IIIInnngrrrrammmm! Where you at, buddy?"
I'm a Ghost of a Girl that I want to be Most
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
She stalked her little friend, also on the search for Ingram. Although, she was less vocal about it. Somehow, ever since Arrille and her had talked about Ingram and her maybe liking each other, she wasn't able to keep the thought away. She had to speak about it at some point, if only to get it off her chest.
I'm a Shell of a Girl that I used to know Well
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
ingram was still delivering seedy side-eye to the seals when he heard his name called; he whipped his muzzle around and spotted arrille's pale form against the beach. he stood up from his sentinel on the rough rock and with a wave of his tail rejoined with a loud awoo! surely arrille would see him shortly, and make his way towards him. ingram half hoped arrille was in the mood to pester some seals today -- he was still so disappointed he had not managed to snag one of the seal pups from under their mother's watchful gaze. maybe with a decoy...

once he was spotted, he would jump down onto the sand and make towards arrille with a wave of his tail. as he was about to clamber down he caught sight of chusi, trailing a distance behind. he froze for a second as an arsenal of panicked questions hit him - oh shit, hows my hair? does my fur look okay? how's my breath? smoothing his ears back with a paw, he quickly made towards the duo with a light smile on his face.
i'm gonna hold a pen
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Arrille spotted Ingram, just in time to see him freeze. He got a confused look, and looked behind him and saw why. He grew a grin, then quickly turned back to Ingram and quickened his pace to get ahead of Chusi.

"Hey, how you been Ingram?" he asked, with a sly grin. "Also, what's with that bit of bark on your chin?" Of course, there wasn't anything really there, but Arrille want to mess with Ingram a little. He also hoped to distract him while he gestured to Chusi to hurry on up.
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
The breeze brought back memories, too many to really count or to know in what order they had taken place. It seemed that, no matter how much time she spent inland, somehow she always ended up at the sea. Perhaps that was a good thing, for here was where her real friends were. Though she doubted they would ever come with her to explore the beauty of Teekon, she liked it here and was happy wherever they were.

Chusi, who was paying more attention to Arrille and where he was going, was too late to see the slight freeze of the coast-born male upon seeing her. When she saw Arrille mouth something she could only faintly hear and not really make out, she looked to where he was looking. She beamed a big smile when she spotted Ingram there and her pace began to quicken even before Arrille gestured for her to hurry up - which resulted in her nearly running towards the duo.

Hiyaaa! She called, slowing to a stop where they would be gathered for a conversation, she supposed. She did not pick up on the teasing looks and waited somewhat patiently to get a clue what they would be talking about.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
ingram was about to readily reply when arrille mentioned something on his muzzle. bark - what? ingram froze again, one wrist brought to his chin in horror as he wildly felt around. nothing there. he delivered the most flinty glare he could muster to arrille, and was about to issue some sort of hot riposte when chusi closed the gap and spoke.

his attention immediately diverted to chusi, and he waved his tail shakily as internally he really started to question if there was something on his face. "hiya." he mirrored back, looking between the two of them with a quizzical expression. "what's.. going on?"
i'm gonna hold a pen
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Arille had to stifle an outburst of laughter at the hilarious reaction from Ingram. Chusi closed the gap and arrived to them, and Arrille shifted so his front was facing both of them, somewhat standing between. "Well, Ingram...Chusi has something to say, and I'm sure you do too" he said, giving a hinting wink to Ingram, as if to say 'you'll thank me later'.

"So...which one of you wants to start?" he asked, looking between the two as he thought nothing at all could go wrong with this.
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Her mouth took the shape of a tiny round pebble, eyebrows raised as Arrille cut to the chase faster than she had realized. Her ears flattened, making her poofiness even more apparent since it pressed the fur that stook out down a bit. She swallowed softly as the feeling of blood rushing to her cheeks made her remember even more.

I... She choked and chickened, something which was something to be ashamed of, she found. She was a proud Fearghal, after all, and admitting a crush did not fell under life-threatening situations. Still, it felt like it. And yet she kept looking into those electric eyes, not wanting to miss a second of him just being.

**Join THE VELINGAR!**
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
ingram still felt self-conscious of his chin, and kept trying to slyly rub it with a flat wrist. his gaze flitted from arrille suspiciously, to chusi -- and then back to arrille again. he didn't get it - cluelessly he tried to decipher what that wink meant, and instead looked to chusi for answers when staring at arrille yielded nothing but more confusion.

his tail swayed with uncertainty, and he looked upon chusi with a semblance of hope and expectance. she had always been forthright, and chatty -- he assumed she would clue him in shortly. unwittingly, he did not connect the dots and remained ignorant to the awkward situation that was about to catastrophically unfold.
i'm gonna hold a pen
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Arrille got Chusi's hesitance, and he took a step closer to her. He nudged his nose against her shoulder. "Chusi, remember what I said? I'm here to help, okay?" he said assuringly. "Just get it out...it's fine." He stepped back to where he was, smiling a bit to her. He then smiled to Ingram, as if to say 'not to worry'.
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
She took a deep breath but was sort of startled at the sudden touch. She could not believe how out of it she was today, but swallowed that disbelieve away together with some fear. Unfortunately, Ingram seemed to not get the hint at all. You'd think when a girl you like is acting this way you'd have at least a clue on what's about to happen. She frowned, closed her eyes with a flutter of her lashes, and braced herself for what she was about to reveal.

I really like ya! She nearly screamed, startling herself perhaps more than she had the two boys. She shook with anticipation then, heart making skips and switching between fluttering and sinking like a stone. Her stomach did some back-flips and her gaze was directed at Ingram - seemingly immune to her shakiness.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
he thought chusi was acting weird and with concern vexing his muzzle he turned to arrille as if the male could answer what inexplicable emotion had overcome their friend. arrille offered encouragement and ingram remained puzzled though his attention slid back to chusi with apprehension pulling his brow upwards in an expression of nervousness.

whatever fretfulness grasped him then was tenfold when at last she loudly blurted her , as if she were professing some crime. ingram was wordless and suddenly started to feel his legs tingle. a swirling blackness swam across his vision as panic set in. arrille sank from his consciousness -- all that was there was chusi, her tense body, and his thoughts which scrambled every which way with the incomprehensible and untameable force of a whirlpool.

she liked him?

he became unsteady on his feet and felt a fatigue hit him. clammy. he was clammy. he was distinctly aware but unable to do anything. he worked his throat laboriously but nothing came. arrille swam into his vision again as chusi faded out. suddenly the energy was drained from him and he was sitting, but he had no idea how. "i--" a sense of euphoria, embarassment, alarm, and exhilaration consumed him at once and it was too much for his poor body and mind to weather; his stomach flipped and sank and flipped again. she really, truly liked him?

i like you too! he wanted to scream, but his systems were malfunctioning.

"i.. i.." he couldn't talk: all the thousand thoughts in his head and not one would step forth to be uttered. he lurched forward, commanding his jello-legs -- and taking two bold, disastrously uneven steps he brought his muzzle to chusi in overjoyed excitement and tried to place a lick on her nose -- except he was too excited and probably smashed his head into hers with his erratic motion.
i'm gonna hold a pen
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Arrille nodded in excitement as Chusi prepared to say it. And then...she did! He was ready to go bounding about, but first he wanted to hear Ingram's reaction. It was a bunch of I's. "Come on Ingram, get the words out" he said quietly under his breath. 

And then Ingram made his move! Which ended in a fast movement. Arrille looked away before any contact, out of cringe at just imagining Ingram failing to plant a kiss and instead headbutting Chusi. He didn't even see if that was what happened.
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away

She stared at him, time seemingly freezing as she did as well. Perhaps the faintest of smiles would settle her back down, but nothing came. If anything, Ingram looked like he was mortified at the thought of her liking him. Her brows moved up, revealing more of her shimmering eyes, full of anticipation and bittersweet sadness. Silence was not what she had been looking for. The "I's" hinted at something being stuck in his throat, like "I don't like you" or "I wish you hadn't said that". She didn't know anymore. She had never been great at reading others anyway.

She saw it happen in slow-motion, but what happened probably didn't take more than a few seconds. Perhaps even less. It started with a blurring shape of Ingram coming closer, wobbly and dangerously so. Shock made her hackles rise and she was about to jump away when the throbbing pain of a headbutt was felt. She had closed her eyes and stumbled a bit forward, further entangling their bodies.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
lmfao this dolt

he had done it. he had fucked up. supremely, royally, fudged up. even arrille knew it as he muttered under his breath -- like some out of body experience ingram was acutely and painfully aware of his blunder and he internally screamed and clouted and beat at his 'real body' self as he watched in horror as what he envisioned as a romatic first kiss turned into a horrific headbutt.

he nearly fell to the ground face-first and in many ways wished he had fell with enough force to knock him cold -- to clean him of the shame that overcame him. he scrambled up and saw the look of betrayal and confusion on chusi's face and it truly stung him -- he was so stupid and clumsy and she did not deserve it.

"frick." he whispered under his breath as he stood up, shaking sand from his limbs and pelt. he swallowed, humiliated and aware arrille would likely relentlessly rib him for it later. "i-i'm sorry. are you okay? i'm so sorry." he had just wanted to kiss her! not hurt her! he wanted to reach out and touch her, or hold her or anything -- anything at all to rid her beautiful features of the sadness he had seen moments before.

that was it. he had truly ruined everything. frick!
i'm gonna hold a pen
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
And that is just what they did. They headbutt. Arrille had to hold back a laugh, even though he was worried about them too. Once he got over the inner laughter, he approached both of them. "Ingram, that was just...I'm sorry" he said, as he had not apparently gotten over all of his laughter and let out a stifled laugh. "You both all right?"
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
It was hard to compare the pain of her head to the pain in her heart, but she knew the one in her heart was the greatest. She was confused and startled and honestly just wanted to walk away and seek a quiet place to mourn what might have been. She wasn't even mad at him, or Arrille for that matter, she was just so embarrassed and in pain. While Ingram had fallen, she had slowly sat herself down, head nearly between her front paws. As her head hung there, she tried to think but even moving her eyes kind of hurt.

When Ingram came to check on her, she looked up a bit with a frown. It was clear to see by her droopy features and hanging ears that she was both in pain and sad. She nodded slightly - the throbbing was lesser now than before and she was sure the headbutt hadn't caused any major damage. His actions however...

She looked at Arrille then, a bit more regretful than how she had looked at Ingram, nodding at him also. She didn't feel like saying anything anymore.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
she was sad. why was she sad? ingram's mind flew in a panic, round like a drunken carousel as he scrambled for some sort of reassuring thing to say -- anything to say.

arrille was no help as he stifled a laugh and spoke -- ingram shot him possibly the darkest look he had ever worn in arrille's company before he glanced back to chusi with his features shaped in anxious knots. he slumped closer to her and swallowed, recognizing that his ship was quite literally about to sail if he did not act soon.

"i like you too!" he blurted, feeling both liberated and pathetic at once. he did not like saying such vulnerable things especially in front of arrille and hastily followed his admittance with a fiery glare in arrille's direction designed to subdue any clever quip the youth might be preparing.
i'm gonna hold a pen
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Arrille was quite excited to hear that finally come from Ingram's mouth. "Yes, finally you said it! Really, you two are-" He stopped as he realized he was ruining the moment. So with a nervous laugh and a grin, he started slowly stepping away. "So, I'm just...I'm just gonna go...you two have fun."
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away

Rather slowly, like a thick blubber seeping through a crack, his words registered in her mind. She tried but grabbed at nothing that could have potentially informed her that this was one big joke between the two boys, and turned her head to look at Ingram. After their headbutt, after his silence, she had not expected that he would ever confess such a thing. A smile settled upon her face as her ears went skywards and she was about to say something when Arrille interrupted. Luckily, he realized that it was not a good moment to celebrate the embarrassment that was a confession and she didn't pay it much attention.

In fact, all of her attention had settled upon the ash and silver boy who returned her affection, despite their rocky past and her annoyingly cheerful attitude. Honestly, if they could work, anything in the world was fixable. 'dunknow what ta say... She nearly whispered with a happy smile, moving her head towards him, before she knew what she was doing, to do the very thing he had planned just moments ago.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
ingram's eyes narrowed as arrille spoke; he half expected some wisecrack about their misfortunate collision. no such torment came, though ingram leveled his buddy a "Get-the-fudge-out-of-here" stare. luckily for him, it seemed arrille was already aware he was fast becoming the uncomfortable third wheel -- ingram trained his gaze on him as he walked away.

and then he looked back to chusi, and his eyes had a soft, almost adoring aspect about them. her smile nearly melted him - she was so pretty. ingram was certain he had never seen a prettier wolf -- and even if he had, they weren't chusi. she leaned closer and he felt his fur turn on end, like some electrifying sea current was coursing through him. he sucked deep, summoned the last of his buzzing nervousness, and blurted out messily: "willyoubemygirlfriend?" as soon as he finished he felt liberated, but his breath was shaky and he nearly quivered in place as he awaited her answer.
i'm gonna hold a pen
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
She had nearly forgotten her friend, third-wheeling like a pro in the background, and only just turned to look at him when she heard his footfalls retreat. She made a mental note to thank him sooner rather than later, but for now her focus was on Ingram and the happy-tummy feeling that seemed to spread from her toes to the top of her nose and then back to the end of her tail.

She nearly wanted to and embrace him, however well a wolf can do that, but the thought of another unfortunate collision kept her from doing so. Mhm! She answered with quick and peppy nods, not able to form many words anymore, getting up to press herself against him if she may. Imma be your girlfriend forevah. She softly purred in pure bliss.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
he felt her body align next to his and all coherent thought (was there any in ingram's brain anyway?) suddenly vacated. he was only aware of her presence. a sheepish, embarrassed smile climbed his thin muzzle and he drove himself to speak: "i'll be your boyfriend forever, too." he insisted sappily, a rapid beat of his tail given in happiness. arrille was all but forgotten now; all that mattered to ingram in this moment was the glorious, nonpareil girlfriend in front of him.
i'm gonna hold a pen
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Her heart fluttered as he said that. no matter how sappy it sounded, to her it meant the world. The boy who had been so rude to her when they first met was now her one and only boyfriend in a place without her father and family. With a ruler she didn't particularly like but hey, she was sort of family now. At least, that was what this entailed for the future, right? Just like Lotte and Arturo?

With a sigh, she relaxed against him. It was almost like watching a sunrise together, only without the (strawberry) sunrise. They would remain that way for some time longer before retreating into the grotto to spend the night together.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**