Barrow Fields going to california with an achin' in my heart
303 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Her statement about being alone got him thinking, and he inhaled slowly, trying to pick up any clues from the muddle of scents on her pelt. It was true; it seemed she did wander a lot. He caught the faint, sap-sweet note of Ravensblood there, though faint, she hadn't been in a while. . .and there was something else, something--or someone--familiar. . .

Before he could puzzle it out, she had spoken again, asking him a couple of questions of her own. Shale smiled, flicking his tail as he answered. "My name is Shale," he responded evenly, giving her an elegant nod. "And I was hunting. . .but it seems the deer have vanished."

He cocked his head, fixing her with a warm, if a bit intense, amber stare. "And you, miss? I suppose you must have a name." There was laughter in his voice, though he meant no offense in it; he was quite enjoying himself. In Pema's absence, he had found himself quite lonely, and so to banter back and forth once more with a pretty woman was delightful.
Messages In This Thread
going to california with an achin' in my heart - by Shale - February 12, 2018, 11:58 PM
RE: going to california with an achin' in my heart - by Shale - February 15, 2018, 12:09 AM