The Heartwood color me in gold
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Liffey was tired. Tired of guilt, tired of running, tired of searching. Tired of feeling miserable and wanting, and somehow so lonely still even though she was slowly becoming surrounded once again by friendly faces that seemed honestly excited to be with her on this venture. She took no credit for it, of course. If anything, they were excited for Rannoch and for Terance. No one was really there for her. Rannoch was there for her. Terance was there for Rannoch, and Wraen was there for Terance. The others... she had been so withdrawn, she wondered if they even knew her name. It made her feel terrible. Gods how she just wanted to find some peace...

They would be moving on soon, Liffey knew. She would be glad for it too. The further she got from Moonspear, the more she felt hopeful that she might truly manage to leave it all behind her. At least, she felt that way sometimes. Other times, the darkness clouded her mind and she was full of doubt once more. Doubt, regret, and guilt. The guilt was the worst, the most painful, the most soul-crushing of all that she felt. It took so much out of her and made optimism so difficult to grasp.

No.

Enough.

Liffey shut her eyes and stopped, forcing herself to take a deep breath. Her thoughts were so easily scattered these days and it was incredibly stupid for her to be off on her own, so unfocused. She was still for a few moments, just breathing and steadying herself. Then finally, she opened her eyes again and looked out at the barren landscape. A sound took her attention and she turned, peering through the morning haze until her gaze landed upon a dark shadow in the woods.

Her hackles prickled immediately and her muscles tensed. Her immediate thought was Hydra, but she hesitated as she squinted at the figure. There was something more frail about this black wolf, and something... she couldn't really place that said this wasn't one of the dark sisters. This was someone else entirely, though Liffey had no idea who. The Frostfur stepped towards the other girl slowly and though she wasn't convinced yet that she had any desire to engage in someone else's company at all, she woofed softly to get the other female's attention.
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
Messages In This Thread
color me in gold - by Lucy - February 24, 2018, 01:21 PM
RE: color me in gold - by Liffey - March 01, 2018, 09:41 PM
RE: color me in gold - by Lucy - March 09, 2018, 05:26 PM
RE: color me in gold - by Liffey - March 10, 2018, 12:39 PM
RE: color me in gold - by Lucy - March 10, 2018, 03:54 PM
RE: color me in gold - by Liffey - March 11, 2018, 09:26 AM
RE: color me in gold - by Lucy - March 12, 2018, 03:54 PM
RE: color me in gold - by Liffey - March 13, 2018, 06:33 PM
RE: color me in gold - by Lucy - March 13, 2018, 08:09 PM
RE: color me in gold - by Liffey - April 01, 2018, 08:37 AM