Firefly Ravine energy in space was the ultimate bad father
we don't need another ruler
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
If she hadn’t run into Eirlys, then Ceallach, what would this meeting entail? Maybe she would see her father for the first time into months and run for his embrace. She wouldn’t know he’s changed—whatever that means—and he certainly wouldn’t be some other name. Witchdoctor? It leaves a bitter taste in the back of her mouth and she swallows a hard lump that forms in her throat, struggling to swallow and find relief. Furi heaves a sigh, ending it slow. She wouldn’t know Lotte is dead. Maybe she still wouldn’t know.

But she knows the man that stands before her is her father but that he is not papa anymore. He is someone else. His mind recognizes her and he does not (no matter that she is bigger and her fur is different). Eirlys, her baby sister, recognized her (sort of).

Furi closes her eyes a moment and looks away, awkwardly avoiding the statement entirely. Yes! rests heavy against her tongue. It’s me! Mallaidh! Your daughter! are all lined up one after the other, ready to spill from her mouth and reunite with her remaining parent, but even looking at him it is not Arturo. It is not the proud wolf that led Teaghlaigh with a strong paw, the wolf meant to keep them all safe. When her eyes open they are pooled with tears, blurring her vision and she blinks several times to try and wash them away but they only spill over into her dark fur and hiding from view.

“I don’t know,” she says though her voice struggles to remain even. Furi swings her head back to look at him when she feels confident he won’t notice the wetness on her face. “Who are you?”
i'd give anything to hear you say it one more time
that the universe was made just to be seen by my eyes
Messages In This Thread
RE: energy in space was the ultimate bad father - by Mallaidh - April 01, 2018, 06:39 AM