Stavanger Bay Unconscious mind but wide awake
90 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
Listening to his words, she sat still, knowing full well the consequences of her actions, yet was hoping for a different outcome. The hope for it faded, but she stood her ground, her mind already made up. She was not like her father. Never would she be a coward. Running away was not an option. Looking up at the wolf, she kept his gaze for a moment. Only out of respect did she drop his gaze, yet her aching muscles pulled her up a bit straighter as resolve filled her. Her voice was steady and strong, exhaustion and feeling now hidden behind a small but determined smile. Señor, he was a deserter from my old pack. I wanted to teach him that you don't run from your problems. She spat out the word, rare raw emotional venom released in that word.

Silence reigned momentarily before she spoke, emotions again under control. I wanted to teach him...I wanted to make him know I was never and will never be like him, no matter how many times the words were spoken. But.. She stiffened, as if waiting for the blow before she even finished. I guess I proved them right. I am like him. The words were bitter in her mouth, and she looked up at him, done speaking but for one last thing. I, like him, deserve punishment. But, unlike him, I will not run. I am not a coward. So, Captain, kill me if you see fit, kill me. But I will not run from this. Dropping her head for what might be the last time, she breathed in the salty air again.
Daisies and Dynamite wrapped in a fluff ball.
Messages In This Thread
Unconscious mind but wide awake - by Dakini - April 19, 2018, 11:19 PM
RE: Unconscious mind but wide awake - by Rosalyn - April 19, 2018, 11:45 PM
RE: Unconscious mind but wide awake - by Smokestep - April 25, 2018, 12:48 PM
RE: Unconscious mind but wide awake - by Dakini - April 28, 2018, 01:12 AM
RE: Unconscious mind but wide awake - by Smokestep - April 28, 2018, 10:08 PM
RE: Unconscious mind but wide awake - by Dakini - May 03, 2018, 01:55 PM
RE: Unconscious mind but wide awake - by Smokestep - May 18, 2018, 02:56 AM