Stavanger Bay barnacle bill
what would an ocean be without a monster lurking in the dark?
340 Posts
Ooc — Cactus
Sorry for the lateness on this, kids. My internet has been shotty on the farm right now but we've got two folks coming to look at it again this week. I won't do pack meeting posts on mobile to spare you the eyesore. <3 Next round will begin one week from today (Sunday the 20th) and that will be the final round to this bit. Tagging you all for a reminder: @Rosalyn @Raptor @Arturo @Hexe @Sandpiper @Engel @Godot @Nox @Erzulie @Tetsubō @Dakini
The young Captain watched them file in one by one and brought his gaze to each of their faces as they did so. Some part of him wished that the others would arrive too – that Brig would only have taken time because of his leg, or that Ava had been in the nearby wood searching for healing herbs – but when all had filed in, they were nowhere to be found. The group that had gathered was certainly one that he was pleased with, though. He had admired them since their recruitment, and there were a few who were making themselves known within the pack. Smokestep could not have been happier to find that he had formed a pirate crew that could have matched that of the Fenriver wolves that he had met when he had only been five months old. Time had allowed him to adapt and change, and Ironsea would do the very same.

When the last of them had trailed in to the meeting area, the pale yearling motioned with his muzzle for Roz and Raptor to come to his side. They were his leadership, and whether or not Raptor felt like he belonged there, Smokestep would have it no other way. Once that was addressed, the Captain looked at the rest of the crew and smiled at them. It was a crooked expression that lifted the right half of his face and cast a twinkle in the red glimmering of his eye. “Ahoy, crew,” he began in a bark.

“We’ve got ourselves a lotta things to cover in this here meetin’. First, I wanted to give ye a bit o’ explanation fer how yer supposed to be movin’ up from Swab. I’m lookin’ fer the best pirates fer this crew; I don’t want nothin’ less than the best, an’ I believe we’ve got some o’ the best already. If yer sick o’ bein’ a Swab, start integratin’ yerself in the life. Meself, Roz, an’ Raptor will be available if ye want to discuss where ye’d like to be in the future an’ how to get there, so don’t be worried to snag one o’ us wit yer questions, aye?” He paused, almost as though he was waiting for them to respond with a verbal understanding. His gaze sought out the faces of those who were familiar to him.

“Secondly, we’re gonna chat some ‘bout the pirate code; this here code is what we ruffians live by, ye see? It’s our guidebook fer how we got to behave to stay afloat. Code is: no prey, no pay; ye get yer share o’ the loot that’s offered to ye an’ nothin’ more, but ye’ll be fairly compensated. All yer duels wit each other must be overseen by yer leadership, ‘cause we don’t want ye maiming each other. Any scallywag that trespasses is to be brought to yer Captain fer judgement. None of ye are eligible to be a member o’ leadership unless ye’ve earned yer sea legs and got yerself a pirate name. All wolves got the right to parley, or to speak wit me, so long as they tell ye they want parley. An’ last but not least; once a pirate, always a pirate,” he stated this as though it were the most grave thing he would utter to them on that night. He lowered his skull some so that he could catch their gaze with his own. “Which brings me to this; if ye abandon yer crew, ye’ll be hunted down an’ killed. This is yer life now. We’ve got two who were accepted into the crew an’ who have decided to leave without sayin’ anythin’. Ava an’ Brig haven’t been seen ‘round here fer a while. We’ll have a hunt fer the two o’ them if they don’t turn up in a week. Any o’ ye scurvy dogs are welcome to join the hunt.”

Turning his head, Smokestep looked to Rosalyn and Raptor respectively before he fixed his sights back on the crew with a wily smile that had split his features. His eyes glittered as he rose to his feet and shook his coat atop the large jagged rock that had stood as his platform.

“That’s enough o’ all that serious chattin’ fer now. We’re here to indulge in some fun an’ get to know the crew, but before we start wit the good stuff, I’ll take any of yer questions that ye can’t hold in.”
calling to join them the wretched and joyful
shaking the wings of their terrible youths
freshly disowned in some frozen devotion
Messages In This Thread
barnacle bill - by Smokestep - April 28, 2018, 07:07 PM
RE: barnacle bill - by OG Sandpiper - April 28, 2018, 07:17 PM
RE: barnacle bill - by Godot - April 28, 2018, 07:56 PM
RE: barnacle bill - by Rosalyn - April 28, 2018, 08:51 PM
RE: barnacle bill - by Arturo - April 29, 2018, 04:50 PM
RE: barnacle bill - by Tetsubō - April 29, 2018, 11:35 PM
RE: barnacle bill - by Hexe - April 30, 2018, 08:44 AM
RE: barnacle bill - by Engel - May 03, 2018, 01:23 AM