Broken Boulder so it seems i'm someone i've never met
unshakeable, unbreakable, unkillable
201 Posts
Ooc —
Away
his response cut her to the core; she barely registered his response.  no, she was too focused on:

we are the curse.  she is young.  she seeks affection, attention, but not the kind she's getting.  her mother can no longer meet her gaze; they are one in the same.

we are the curse.  she untangled herself carefully from the loins of each unsuspecting lover.  they saw in her the same thing that her father did, her brother -- they liked her because she was dainty, fragile, because she was her mother.  they could not handle her untempered tongue. they could not handle her fire.

we are the curse.  every bit of spice that she had was extinguished.  even still, she could find nobody to love her as she wanted to be loved.

and she cannot bring herself to hate him.  because

maybe
maybe

maybe
he is right. 

every insecurity she'd ever had was thrust before her carelessly; he didn't understand that being favored did not mean that you were loved, and despite the attention she had recieved from her father and her brother both, she had been more alone than he had ever dreamed.  alarian had zamael while eventually even their mother turned away from lanawyn. 

hot tears spilled down her cheeks as she turned from him wordlessly.  she had nothing to say.  he was going to run away -- just like last time..
— he hit me and it felt like a kiss
7/5
Messages In This Thread
so it seems i'm someone i've never met - by Alarian - April 30, 2018, 04:33 PM
RE: so it seems i'm someone i've never met - by Eris - April 30, 2018, 04:36 PM
RE: so it seems i'm someone i've never met - by Alarian - April 30, 2018, 04:49 PM
RE: so it seems i'm someone i've never met - by Eris - April 30, 2018, 04:57 PM
RE: so it seems i'm someone i've never met - by Alarian - April 30, 2018, 05:54 PM
RE: so it seems i'm someone i've never met - by Eris - April 30, 2018, 05:57 PM
RE: so it seems i'm someone i've never met - by Alarian - April 30, 2018, 06:16 PM
RE: so it seems i'm someone i've never met - by Eris - April 30, 2018, 06:29 PM