Hunger
Amnesia may have destroyed my <i>memory</i>, but it will not destroy <i>me</i>.
135 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Sunspire Members ONLY please. I’m making this vague due to the fact that one of my other threads isn’t done yet. Depending on how things go, this may or may not become my joining thread, @Ferdie Von Pelt.

There’s no need to match my length. ^_^

EDIT: I'm marking this private so no one else barges in (I've had trouble with that in the past). @Ferdie if you see this, I think we should do my joining thread separate from this one.

Red was hungry. She had not eaten in days, due mostly to the fact that she was still very emotionally confused about not remembering anything about herself. She had been traveling throughout Rising Sun Valley for quite some time, not really paying attention to things around her. And then she realized that she was hurting herself by neglecting to eat. She needed sustenance. She decided it was high time to move on from this place, and early that morning she took her time climbing up and down mountains to find the perfect spot to hunt.

Being a coywolf meant she was not quite big enough to bring down larger prey on her own, and even if she could, that went against instinct. Coyotes tended to hunt in pairs, and wolves hunted with at least three or four members of the pack, if not more. She was in the middle, being of both species, so could cope with either style. But it was not natural to hunt large prey by oneself, and so this did not even cross her mind. A hare - or even a rodent - would be enough. Perhaps a few of them if she really needed to eat that badly.

She used her nose to find a way through the mountains, following a nearly invisible trail down the side of one. When she was about halfway to the ground, she stopped to rest for a moment. It was hard work keeping one’s footing on such sheer inclines. As she rested, she took a few minutes to stare in awe at the sight below and before her. Nestled between the mountains all around it was a valley shrouded mostly in forest. Red could see the mist rising from the canopy of mainly evergreen trees. That mist meant there was a river or rivers down inside the trees. Rivers meant life, and life meant prey.

The coywolf rose to her paws and continued on her way down the mountain. After a good trek, she was finally out of the worst of the heat. It had been ridiculously hot climbing up and down mountains all morning, and she was thankful for the coolness of the forest. She eventually came to one of the small lakes that dotted the area, and was pleased to see the very active population of fish, though she wasn’t sure she’d be able to catch any. She had never tried fishing before. With a breath, she waded into the water, and shivered. It was cold, even during the middle of summer.
147 Posts
Ooc — Lexi
Kodokuna sniffed around the edge of the lake, an unfamiliar scent played on her nostrils. She looked around, surveying, her gaze landed upon a much smaller wolf than herself. The fur on the stranger was different from most she had seen and she wondered if this wasn't a wolf but a coyote? She knew there was only one way to find out. Kodo moved closer to the creature standing in the water, she saw fish swimming around and realized the stranger was probably just hungry.

Her howl was short and sweet "Who are you?" She questioned the lone she-wolf.
135 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
As Red waded farther into the water, trying to ignore the chill, a Wolf’s howl sounded much too close to her for her liking. She jumped, causing the water around her to splash and ripple, and frightening away all of the fish. Part of her was irritated, as her hunger had so recently hit her and now her food was gone. But mostly, she was frightened. She looked up and around, and pinpointed the culprit of the fish-scarer in but a second. In moments, she took the female in with her eyes, noting the odd coloration of her fur. Had she been able to see the she-wolf’s eyes, she would have noted that they were odd, too, though not as odd as the genetically-induced black-and-white split down the middle of her body, so that she looked like a living Yin/Yang symbol.

Red was now done with her inspection. She was sorely tempted to bolt in that moment, but then her Wolf blood decided to make itself known, and she suddenly felt braver than she had in days. Although she made no move to get closer to her half-cousin, she did wag her tail back and forth and let her tongue loll out of her mouth, which were ways of telling the she-wolf, “Hello. I am Red. I’m friendly and would like to talk.”

Curiously, she stood and waited, though she would not do so for long. If her half-cousin had nothing interesting to say, she would much rather get back to hunting. Her stomach growled angrily at her, and she unintentionally made an “I’m starving” face right afterwards, and lowered her body slightly in embarrassment.
147 Posts
Ooc — Lexi
Kodokuna let her tail move back and forth leisurely show she too was friendly. She moved stealthily into the water and in a split second there was a fish between her jaws. Kodo moved toward the dry bank once more and dropped the fish a few feet from Red, moving back away from the gift. Kodokuna noted that this stranger had to be at least half wolf, she had the personality but the size continued to throw her off.

"I am Kodokuna I mean you no harm." She said softly and sat down staring out on the still waters, it was a beautiful day. The she-wolf gave a soft yawn and looked upon Red, waiting to see if she would accept the small gift.
135 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
By the way, I love your avatar! Who did it? Do you know? Also, sorry this took so long. I was eating dinner and I had to let my laptop finish charging.

Red was calmed when the female wagged her tail in return to her gestures. It meant she was friendly, whoever she was. She watched with curiosity as the bi-colored wolf slid soundlessly into the water, and instantly wanted to copy and learn from the she-wolf. Hunting was important, but generally wolves didn’t hunt fish. So the fact that this female seemed to know exactly what she was doing - proven by the fact that she had snagged a fish in less than ten seconds - immediately caught the coywolf's attention. Learning to hunt fish, of all things, was probably not the most important thing in the world, especially considering that most hunting came completely naturally to predatory animals. That, and the fact that coyotes were omnivorous, and sometimes, so were wolves. Coyotes ate berries and other edible plants sometimes to make up for a lack of nutrients primarily obtained through meat. So, in the long run, learning to fish really wasn’t a top priority.

However, Red was a naturally curious creature, and felt the urge to learn all she could about most situations. Who knew? Learning to fish might very well come in handy one day. Her ears went forward and her head turned to the side in curiosity, as a way of asking, “How did you do that?” But by the time she had decided to pay attention, the black-and-white female was coming towards her with a fish in her jaws.

And instantly, Red was back to being overly cautious and afraid. Sometimes wolves would snap for no reason, if another of their kind looked at them funny or were in any way perceived as a threat. So the coywolf was on high alert as the female approached her, refusing to look into her eyes - a sign of of submission. “Don’t hurt me, I submit myself to you,” her posture said, as she hunkered down close to the forest floor, ears flat on her head, partially exposing her throat. The exposure of the throat was a sign of trust, as well as submission - for it gave the other wolf the option of biting down on it. Or not.

But then the she-wolf was backing away, having dropped the fish near Red. and was now speaking. The chimera told the coywolf her name, and then told her that she meant her no harm. Red felt a bit better afterwards, enough to stand up straight again, but she was still cautious. Slowly she approached the fish, bent down to sniff at it momentarily, and then looked up at Kodokuna, cocking her head to the side and widening her eyes, to say, “Is this for me?”
Loyal to the death
452 Posts
Ooc —

The swans he had been stalking all morning were beginning to get irritated. They knew they were being watched but they didn't know from where, Ferdie Von Pelt lay hunkered down he finally having followed them to their nest. He was so close to it that the birds were agitated and jumpy. When a howl sounded off close by they both turned to face it. In that instant Ferdie trust his head out and snapped up one of the birds by the neck ending it's life without so much of a sound, quickly he drug it backward and out of the nest spot. The mate of the bird squawked and threw it's wings open; it was torn wither to protect the nest or itself. Ferdie used it's indecision to his advantage and leapt forward yet again. He landed on the bird, The other waterfowl began to fly away first startled by the howl then the screams of the swan. The thing tried to flail from Ferdies grasped but the brute had it's wings pinned below his paws. it bit savagely at him and grabbed his ear as he grabbed it's long slender throat and crushed it in his jaws. Then pulled it up from below him breaking it's wing in the process. The swan was dead. Ferdie dropped the bird next to it's mate and looked down at the nest, there were four large eggs, they were cooling and would suffer without a parent to raise them, Ferdie almost shrugged and picked up each one in turn and ate the eggs whole, shell and all, half formed chicks inside along with some egg whites that would help his well groomed pelt shine made the four eggs a rather hearty meal.

His belly full he moved over to his other two catches and scooped both up by the neck, just like that an entire family was wiped out. But the predator had no idea the damage he had done to the genetic gene pool, nor did he care. Now it was time to investigate just what that noise had been. Ferdie trotted about the pond rather then threw it, he hated to get wet, wet meant his pelt might matt and matted pelt was unsightly.

He came upon the two females having a rather one-sided conversation. He either he didn't realize that one was a hybrid and the other of strange genetic background or he just didn't care. Their background and looks did not phase this male he made no mention of it. He knew that both may have had a life time of ridicule for it and wished not to plant more upon them. So he disregarded their differences as if they were nothing out of the ordinary. He set the birds down one was nearly a pack member and deserved the food he had caught the other was a female and he had need of surrounding himself with females for the time being so he nudged the bird toward her though he was still on shore. He looked at her then then the swan, wordlessly offering her the kill.

You eat too Kodokuna he nudged the bird other toward her. Then backed up a step to give both of them room to eat without guilt. Out here in lands that were not his packlands, not his territory; he did not need to command submission, even though he still expected it from his pack members he was not so rigid about it, nor would he be over bearing with females on most accounts anyway. That was until he a found a mate and in turn would forsake all other feminine attention.
That he was a loyal wolf to the core and his loyalty toward a chosen mate would be absolute.

147 Posts
Ooc — Lexi
@Red, nope found the pic online and fell in love with it, created a character to match

Kodo gave a soft nod toward the scared coywolf and smiled.
"Eat, I can catch another for you if you'd like." She offered looking toward the water. She sat still, her tail low, body relaxed. She had no desire to harm the smaller wolf, a new friend was welcome.

Kodokuna looked at her soon to be leader, suprised for a few seconds before accepting his gift. "Thank you." She said beginning to eat the bird silently, thankful for the free meal. She wanted to keep the fish to herself, but she could tell the other female had very little hunting knowledge and it would be rude to eat infront of her.
135 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
OMG Hiiii Ferdie! :D I don’t think I’ve ever actually RPed with you! Also, I’m kind of powerplaying a little bit, I think…? I sort of OOC narrate/assume that she’s going to be part of the pack soon. Is that okay, Ferdie?

Red suddenly sensed another wolf nearby, and was instantly on edge again. What were the odds of meeting two wolves in one day in the same spot? Vaguely, though worry for her well-being was clouding out most other thoughts, she noted that the male who had stepped into the picture smelled a bit like Kodokuna. And he seemed to greet her as if he knew her. It made sense. They were obviously packmates, though the coywolf couldn’t tell exactly what relationship they had. No matter. The male did not attempt to harm her, and that was all she cared about.

He dropped one of the two swans he had been dragging with him beside his packmate, and the other he dropped in her vicinity, though he was still nowhere near her. Then he motioned with his head for her to take the bird. She stared down at the offering of food, and almost laughed. She had been offered two meals in one day by a species that was more often than not known for killing her kin and kind. How was this possible? She stopped thinking after only a few moments, though, for she was too hungry to find anything very funny right then.

Eagerly, she lunged forward, devouring the fish first, as that was only polite. It had been offered first. The small snack was gone in seconds, and she moved quickly on to the swan. She had never tasted swan before. The meat held an interesting flavor, one she wasn’t sure she necessarily liked, but she was not going to complain about free food. As she ate, she took a moment to look up at her two meal-givers, and whined, wagging her tail and lowering her body. The combination of these three signals meant roughly the equivalent of, “I am not worthy of such kindness. Thank you. I owe both of you.” And then she went right back to eating.

Little did she know that these two wolves would be her packmates soon enough. Even now, in the back of her mind, she was swearing she would repay them their kindness somehow - even if it meant hunting down every last fish and swan in these Wilds as gifts and reminders that they had probably saved her life that day. She had not only been starving, but also very emotionally unbalanced for quite some time, confused about where her loyalties lay. Now she knew without a doubt that she was still half-coyote, but that her heart ran with Wolves.
Loyal to the death
452 Posts
Ooc —

Ferdie Von Pelt loved more then anything when his gifts were accepted and eaten right way, those that took the kills and saved them for later he found rude. more so now that he had spent time in swiftcurrent creek, the more he had time to think about his time in that pack then more he began to hate everything about it, in fact staying there had nearly killed him and he had the scars that he painstakingly hid to prove it

He smiled fondly at the silent female hybrid he was keeping his options open it mattered not what the female was as long as she could bare his pups and help him lead. He found his eyes wandering across Kodokuna's form and wondered if she was able to rear pups, and if so would there be like her? He didn't bother to hide the fact he was checking her out males rarely realized they were doing so and this was the case here, he was staring while lost in thought.

He blinked then and turned his head to admire the other female her red coat made him think of the alpha Fox, but her grateful demeanor proved to him she was most definitely otherwise.

hum... well... He spoke to little wolf hybrid I think I'll call you Red, on account of your pelt. If you find yourself in need of a home The Sunspire is open to you, I'm sure the wonderful Kodokuna here would teach you to fish,

Ferdie looked back to his packmate. That is if you want to teach others that want to learn, I am a lost cause at fishing.... Ferdie shook his head sadly at himself offering his short coming to both these females. Some wolves were good teachers others though they could do the tasks well they were horrible teachers, Njal had been one of the latter, at least in Ferdie's case.

147 Posts
Ooc — Lexi
Kodo could feel her alpha looking at her, perhaps trying to figure out what had went wrong to make her look the way she did. She smiled as he named the small coywolf and offered her a place among the pack. Kodokuna could tell she would enjoy the hybrids silent company.

Kodo's ears perked as she hear Ferdie address her, asking if she would be willing to teach the two to fish. She wagged her tail and smiled looking from Red to Ferdie. "I am willing to teach anyone who is open to learning, but I must warn you I don't handle those who treat my lessons like a game. Fishing is a skill that has been passed from generations where I came from." She knew it sounded conceited to be so up tight about fishing but she wanted to make sure the two canines knew she was serious when it came to fish.
135 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
I’ve changed my mind, @Ferdie Von Pelt. Can we make this my joining thread, since you just ICly offered to have Red join and it seems like the perfect opportunity?

And just like that, Red had been offered to join a pack of wolves. What? It was that easy? She hardly heard any of the words that had been spoken after that. She couldn’t believe the other two were taking this so nonchalantly! They had just offered to take in a hybrid and neither of them even seemed to care! And they had both given her food to eat! She… she never thought she would ever find wolves this nice. All instincts pointed at wolves as bad creatures — creatures who only wanted to hurt her and nothing more. She had never been so glad to be proven wrong than she was in that moment.

She stood from where she had been eating the swan and looked back and forth between Kodokuna and Ferdie Von Pelt, though she didn’t know that was his name. And then she did something she had never done before. She spoke. With a very timid, small, shy voice that sounded much like a little girl’s, she said, “Thank you. Both of you. I will do my best to repay you your kindness.”

Then, timidly, she moved forward, and keeping her body close to the ground in reverence, she went up to Ferdie, whom she assumed was the alpha, because he had been the one to offer her a place in the pack, and attempted to lick his chin. This, in wolf language, was a sign of submission — and often adoration as well. Then she scooted backwards and lay on the ground at his feet, looking up at him with imploring eyes. She wondered: Is this where my new life begins?
Loyal to the death
452 Posts
Ooc —
He's like that, especially with females, Glad to have you aboard so soon :D

Each female had something that drew him to them on a personal level. He never realized how had picking a mate would be.
However now, Ferdie knew then not to inquire on lessons from her, he didn't want to embarrass himself in front of her he was that bad with water and fish. Ferdie smiled and nodded, Kodokuna always seemed so serious, he was really learning to admire that about her.

The small female surprised him with words and when she came up to him and submitted to him in such a fashion it made his ego grow. He lay down and made a small whine noise as if to say, I accept you then he reached out for her muzzle and mouth ever so gently, his mouth open. He then also reached up with a forepaw and prodded her side gently hoping for a small game of jaw sparring, in such a manner offering her a sign of dominance and yet respect in the fact he was playing with her. Rarely did he get a chance to play, and how this small hybrid brought that out of him he was unsure but he enjoyed it. Also in these actions it placed his smell strongly upon her.

147 Posts
Ooc — Lexi
This is my last post for the thread ;P

Kodokuna watched the alpha and the small hybrid interact and smiled, she was just as amazed that her new friend had spoken. Kodo moved away from the two canines and to the edge of the water, she wanted to celebrate.

The water held little surface movement but underneath it was alive with creatures. Kodo stood with her paws in the shallows, she was completely still, focused. A small fish swam around her paws, yet she did not catch it. She knew what she wanted. With a sudden snap her jaws closed on a large fish, large enough for the three of them to enjoy. She carried it to the shore and set the massive catch on the ground.
135 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
I’m guessing this means @Ferdie Von Pelt, that you’re giving me permission to sort of PowerPlay. Y’know, cos Red has to make contact with his face and all that. Also, how much longer do you guys want this to be, since I’ve already been accepted and whatnot? Should we make these our last posts?

Red kept her eyes trained on the male in front of her, Kodokuna being temporarily ignored for now. It wasn’t that the coywolf was purposefully ignoring her new friend. It was just that paying attention to the wolf who could potentially be your Alpha was more important in Red’s eyes, so he got all the attention for the moment. She watched in adoring curiosity as he lay down before her and told her — in her own language of whines and body movement — that he accepted her. Red felt relief flood through her body. She wagged her tail furiously side-to-side, and opened her mouth, both signs of relaxation and joy, though she still made sure to keep a respectful posture, lowering herself toward the ground instead of lying with her chest puffed out.

And then he reached for her muzzle with his own, prodding her gently in the side. His eyes seemed playful. She was surprised, for this was her Alpha, and Alpha’s didn’t normally play. But if this was what he wanted, she would let him him have it. Being a naturally subordinate wolf meant doing whatever your higher-ups asked of you without question. She allowed him to mouth her snout, which showed dominance, as well as placed his scent upon her. And then she gave a very timid, playful growl that sounded more like a whine and barely, barely, began the motions of jaw sparring.

To be honest, she was so afraid she would go too far and make him angry that she nearly pissed herself as she went through the movements. She gave a small whine of distress, which said, “I don’t want to upset you.” With hopeful eyes, she stared up at him, begging him to tell her that everything was alright. She wanted to start her life within the pack off on the right paw.
Loyal to the death
452 Posts
Ooc —

Ferdie pawed at her side gently trying to reassure her with physical contact, He enjoyed the albeit light, back and forth jaw sparring, ending when he decided he had the upper hand..er... tooth ( :D ) then the licked the top of her muzzle fondly and slowly stood up,

Let's go home.. He said to both females, and turned toward The predominate landscape feature in all of the teekon wilds and heading back up the Sunspire's peek as they drew closer to the his boarders his tail flipped up of his back and his step began to bounce just a little more. He was happy to have a home to share and so far quite a few choice females