Broken Boulder milton wants new friends
come on get happy!
79 Posts
Ooc — Nightwolfs365
All Welcome 
This post is for Delight! ^0^

Milton wanted to make the Governor proud. He wanted to be a good boy in his new pack. Milton wanted to protect his pack and be strong. He wanted to be a good member so that he was not just a Cipher. He thought that being a Cipher was cool but the Governor made it seem like the Cipher was not that cool. Milton thought it sounded super cool. He wanted to be the best one in the pack. He knew he could do it. He knew he had the power to be strong and brave.

Milton went to be a strong boy on the border of the pack. He liked it a lot there and he wanted to protect it so that no one entered without permission. He wanted to make sure that he was good if the Governor came around to see what he was doing. Milton needed to show that he could be strong and loyal. He would die for his pack. He wanted to show that he was ready to live there forever. He danced as he walked to the border to look for scary wolves that might hurt them.
Niamh made my avatar! She is very nice. 
✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away
thank you for starting milton!!!

he's making a habit of at least passing by the border, an old routine from the early days of tindómë that gives him a sense of stability he's been lacking. not that he feels better, but it's something. 

delight doesn't get to dwell: something catches his eye -- a scent he doesn't recognize. oh, one of the new members, he thinks, watching the stranger... what is he doing? it looks joyful (ugh).  it's too late to beat a retreat, though, so the chancellor straightens up slightly and and chuffs to announce his presence, tilting his head as he approaches.
but we were worried that you'd fallen in the river, or worse
but then you sent us back a letter, it said in capital letters
"THE UNIVERSE IS GOING TO CATCH YOU"
[Image: 8jSCQgn.png]
come on get happy!
79 Posts
Ooc — Nightwolfs365
There was another wolf out there! They looked so pretty. Milton loved the color of their fur. He wished he had pretty colored fur like that. Milton really didn’t like being brown. He wanted to be a more exciting color. Brown was the color of poop. If he didn’t have his hot hot pink orbs, he would be really ugly. He knew it. He was lucky that Tina liked to hang out with him. This new wolf walked toward him and made a chuff noise with their mouth.

“HI! I’m Meltin’ Milton Snakehole! New here! How are you? You want to come with me?” He would love the other wolf to join him so that they could look at the borders and watch for mean wolves. He did not want his home to be hurt by mean wolves. He wanted to keep it safe. Milton was going to be a tough man when it came to protecting his home. Milton would not stand down. This other wolf was really pretty.
✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away

he's met with a pair of eyes so bright hot pink it's nearly painful and an exuberance that makes him want to revisit the idea of retreat with his tail between his legs. oh god what has he gotten himself in to. but they are a member of the pack so he can't just run off. delight grits his teeth. "melting... milton," he repeats, knowing better than to start some shit over someone's name (even if he really wants to), then glances toward the border. oh. "uh -- sure, okay." what are you doing, he thinks desperately, but somehow he feels like if he rejects him the strange boy will take it very personally. (maybe he's a little lonely too even if he doesn't want to admit it). 

"so.. you're new to bracken?" the androgyne asks as he moves to join him, kind of wondering if he can at least find out what his deal is.
come on get happy!
79 Posts
Ooc — Nightwolfs365
Milton liked it when other people said his name. It made him feel special. Like he really wanted other people to like him so he tried to get to know them really soon and he liked when they would talk to him and then become his friend. He hoped this guy would be his friend because he had really pretty eyes and a pretty fur color. Milton loved pretty people because they were so nice to look at and smell sometimes they smelled like flowers. This one was too far away for Milton to see if he smelled like flowers but he looked like he smelled like flowers and that was enough.

Milton was so happy to have found a new friend so soon. He nodded his wolf head and smiled a wolf smile at the other wolf. He could not help but to wag his butt a little bit. “Yeah I am new and I really like it here. What’s your name? How long have you lived here with the Governor? He’s really nice and you are really nice too.” It was so cool that the pack had so many nice people in it. Milton loved nice people and he loved his new pack.
✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away

delight can't decide if the guy is endearing or nauseating (or a mixture of both, realistically) as he bobs along beside him. childlike, is that the word? or just kinda ... you know, a few crayons short of a box? well, "my name's delight singing-sunlight," he tells him, trying to absorb that burst of sentences, "oh -- um, not very long, though i knew him for a bit before i joined."

am i nice? he thinks dazedly, unsure what on earth about him would lead milton (melting, he corrects himself with a note of hysteria) to think that. does he look nice? he's never thought that and neither, he suspects, has anyone else, but it's flattering? maybe? "what, uh, what brought you to the sanctuary?" the chancellor asks, feeling distinctly overwhelmed.
come on get happy!
79 Posts
Ooc — Nightwolfs365
“Wow so you were friends before! That’s cool.” Maybe that was why they decided to be in a pack together because they had known each other already and they knew that it was fun to be around each other. Milton thought that was a really good way to figure out if you wanted to live with someone because joining a pack was a lot and it was really difficult to be the best pack member if you didn’t know a lot about your neighbors and whatnot. Milton thought Delight was really smart and he really liked his name because it was pretty sounding.

“Deeeelight Singing Sunlight wow that’s such a pretty name I really like that.” He bounced as they walked a little ways and he smiled at his new pack friend. Then Delight wanted to know why Milton was in the Bracken Sanctuary. Milton looked at him with his hot hot pink orbs and he smiled a wolfy smile at Delight. “Oh I was just here and I smelled this pack and thought it was really cool and the Governor said I could stay and I want to stay forever because everyone here is so great.”
✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away

childishly pleased feeling settles in him when milton -- melting milton -- compliments his name. it still feels as if he's interacting with the world through a thin layer of cotton, but he'll take the tiny thrill of joy where he can, holding onto it tightly before it dissolves into empty anxiety and somber regret. 

melting milton may be weird as fuck, but delight is starting to warm up to it. as long as he keeps complimenting him anyway. "that's good to hear," he says, "i'm, umglad you like it here so much." he'd probably feel the same if it weren't for all the, y'know. baggage. not that he wants to go anywhere else either; he just doesn't want to exist at all.
come on get happy!
79 Posts
Ooc — Nightwolfs365
Delight was a great guy. Milton really liked him and wanted to be friends with him but he wasn’t sure if Delight liked him as much as he liked Delight. Milton smiled a lot to make sure that Delight would know that he’s a friendly wolf and that he is very interested in making friends. Milton wanted everyone to know that.

Delight said he was glad that Milton liked it there. That made Milton smile at him again. Milton wagged his tassel and he did a little dance on his stubby legs. “Where did you live before you moved here?” Milton wanted to know more about Delight so he thought it would be smart to ask him some questions to get to know him better. It was the best way to make friends.
✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away

okay yeah he is very very charmed. when melting milton asks where he's from, delight hesitates -- unsure if he's ready to talk about tindómë yet. after a moment he takes a deep breath. "a pack named tindómë," the androgyne answers, "it was.. similar to here, in some ways. but we weren't doing so well, and my, um, my friend was pregnant, so alarian was .. generous enough to take us in." there. he stumbles over some of it, but it's a detached enough description, an overview -- enough for now. "what about you?" he asks, hopefully before milton can press for more details (that he definitely isn't ready to give yet.)